• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen UGH! Liepard is so hard to train!

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I thought Liepard was going to be Jesus, but it let me down and I boxed it pretty quickly.
    Yeah, I agree with that for the most part. I was really hoping that it was going to be awesome but it ultimately was a let down to me. Apart from that though, it's really the only one I can think of. I still have a lot of Pokemon from this generation that I need to try out though, so who knows.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Heh, the thing about Serperior is that the only decent Serperiors are from the Dream World. The starter variants are sub-par when compared to the other grass types obtainable in Black/White, which is why I replaced mine with Liligant the first time the opportunity came up.

As for my own failed plans, I wanted to slap a Klinklang onto my end-game team, and even managed to train up a Klang, but their barren movepool consisting of Rock Smash, 85% accuracy Steel Move, and Return made using them in battle difficult, and I could never find the time to level them up to the point of gaining Gear Charge, so when endgame came up, I took my Serperior out of the daycare and decided to use that in place of Klang.

If I had learned the daycare exploit earlier however, I could have gotten a Gear Charge Klinklang at exactly level 50 (which is what I did post-game).

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Throh was generally lackluster in his moves but was okay. Klinklank was a huge letdown for me. I thought he would be worthwhile for some reason but he's totally disappointed me. He was only useful to me for his resistances against Psychics, Ghosts, and Darks in the Elite 4 which bought me time.

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
  • Archeops, Threw away my unfezant for it, it got the crap beat out of it against N and Ghetsis. Also I agree with everyone who says the purrloin sucks. I gave up on it after the first gym where it got beat out badly

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • Why are people saying Serperior is bad? Mine almost singlehandedly beat down the elite 4 at 15 levels underleveled. My Carracosta was invaluable as well. My biggest letdowns were Reshiram and Beartic. Reshiram was beat down nearly instantly by Ghetsis and my Beartic was too slow to do anything before it was OHKO'd by just about everything.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My entire team:
    Emboar died too easily
    Musharna had no moves
    Audino had no moves
    Swanna was slower than it should've been
    Beartic is all of them combined

On the other hand, Emolga, the one Pokemon I thought on my team would be legitimately bad, was the only one tearing it up with speedy, OHKO Acrobatics.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    The 3 monkeys are almost unusable. Plus they look just terrible. I didnt like half the pokes that look like food products either.

Im not sure who they tried to target in this market, new or old users.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Pokemon that let me down:
    UGH! Liepard is so hard to train!
    Pansear was just awful.
    Just way to weak for me.
    Again, Just too weak, and by the time it was a Venipede, I had no room for it on my team, and everyone else completely outclassed it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm a bit disappointed with my Musharna, tbh.

Though, at least it's better than Liepard, I was really looking forward to having that Pokemon on my team.. and it was just.. ugh. Awful stats, even when it's level was higher than it's opponent. It's one of those Pokemon where I tried to raise it, and level it past the rest of my party, but it just kept getting knocked out, and it just ended up taking up space in my party. :(

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Excadrill really let me down sometimes. Being a Steel-type made it weak to Fire, and I always have to send it out when Samurott is unavailable (either in my PC because I have a rotational team or knocked out), and half the time it can't even land a hit before it gets burned to a crisp. I miss my Krookodile already ;A;

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Beartic let me down big time. It's defenses SUCK and it isn't even as physically strong as I had hoped. But I don't feel like changing it, cause it looks nice. XD

Swoobat was a semi-letdown. I like it, it's just not the best on my team.

Scolipede, Scrafty, Samurott and Chandelure exceeded my expectations.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Pansear was a let down for me. Shortly before getting to Nacrene, I boxed it. Why? Because it was Timid and there was a severe lack of places to EV train for Special Attack at that point of the game.

espeon2020

I loves eeveelutions :D
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    Alot of Pokemon weren't as good as I thought them to be.
    (Although I realize some of these Pokes can be good if used by good trainers)

Purrloin: I regret putting up with it. I used it for Elite Four though.
    Pidove: Physically oriented stats, Specially oriented moves.
    Audino: At least it's better offensively than Chansey and Blissey. (Good for Battle Subway)
    Woobat: I liked it, but its stats are too low.
    Venipede: Attack is too low to do much damage. (I found out that Scolipede is better)
    Minccino: Idk why i thought it was better than it is... (Cinccino is good for Battle Subway in my opinion)
    Vanillite: Too weak defensively. (Vanilluxe is good though)
    Deerling: ....
    Klink: S.Atk is too low to use its moveset well. Major TM usage on it.
    Ferroseed: Great wall, but I can't train it.
    Tympole: Disappointed me, although I think Seismitoad > Swampert
    Reshiram: Ok, but not as awesome as past Legendaries in my opinion.
    Zekrom: Same as Reshiram.
    Zorua: Idk why but it let me down. Zoroark is stronger though.
    Tirtouga: Didn't work for me... Traded for Archen. (Archen worked for me)

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • All this Zebstrika hate makes me sad. Yes, he has flimsy defences, but his physical attack and speed are first-rate, and my Zebstrika got me through some sticky situations. it is one of my new favourite electric-types.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    This thread is becoming too similar to our "So hard to train!" discussion, so I'll be merging the two together. Don't see another way to make them differ from each other, so we'll keep them in one discussion only from here on.

Neeni

Stage On!
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2013
    I was looking forward to train Liepard and have it as a main party member.. but when I got it I was like WTH?! :x
    it can't take a hit + even when it evolved the attacks where not impressive, I felt like I'm wasting time while I could have stronger pokes! so I ended up dumping it like almost everyone here..

too bad it looks awesome =[

Back