• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Ugliest looking Mega-Evolution?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
  • A lot of new Megas have been released this year for ORAS, so let me ask the same question. Which ones do you think look the ugliest?

Mega-Glalie wins my vote by a long shot. I mean, look at the "stubble". That spiky black beard looks grim, especially when accompanied with two spikes cutting through each side. ~_~ Lovely teeth though.

Last edited:

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
    Years
  • mega glalie. i loled when i saw the design of it. XD
    and it was the last mon i was expecting to get a mega-evolution.

Years
  • What's with all the Mega Glalie hate? I seriously think it looks pretty badass given how bad regular Glalie's stats are and the Mega gives it that boost it needed.

Anyways, my least fave Mega design has to be Salamence's. I hate how its wings are designed, which is a shame given the cool ability it gets. You can admit my reaction to it was "my golly what happened to its feet".

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Sableye. That enlarged ruby is DETACHED from its body and used in defence. A little... horrifying if you think about it.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Mega glalie reminds me too much of the colossal titan for me to talk trash about it.
    I'd say overall my least favorite introduced in these games has to be mega Altaria.

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • Mega Glalie. Something about it reminds me a lot of Wario. I mean I think Mega Glalie's cool but that doesn't change the fact that I think it's ugly.
    Spoiler:

Anyone else see a resemblance here?

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    Mega Lati@s and Mega Pidgeot... These two three are just too simple

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Mega Lati@s was just... I don't know, I feel like the mega evolutions just kinda ruined how pretty and colourful their actual designs were. The mega evolutions make them look more or less the same, and they could've definitely picked a better colour.

And as much as I hate to admit it, I'm not a huge fan of mega Pidgeot, simply because it doesn't look that different from Pidgeot at all. But to be fair, there's not a whole lot that could be done with Pidgeot while still keeping the bird look I reckon, so not bashing too hard on it.

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • Mega-Glalie looks really intimidating, I love it.

In terms of the worst looking, that distinction goes to Mega-Pidgeot. It looks boring, was barely changed, and even as a mega, it's hardly better than the regular Pidgeot.

ChisanaInu

Fox Prince
    Years
  • I feel like I'm the only person who experiences an intense hatred for Mega Swampert. I had really high hopes for a decent design, only for GameFreak to reveal that he now looks like he's ingested way too many steroids.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Mega Swampert. Swampert is my favourite starter so it's even worse.
    Mega Glalie. Something about it reminds me a lot of Wario. I mean I think Mega Glalie's cool but that doesn't change the fact that I think it's ugly.
    Spoiler:

Anyone else see a resemblance here?
    I don't see a big resemblance, but even the littlest similarity to Wario gives it a huge boost in my eyes. Wario is the best video game character and a badass. (And isn't ugly at all, take it back!)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Mega Latios and Latias. They went from a pink and blue duo to identical mixed together purple jets. I am just hoping to get a Soul Dew one day by any means necessary just so they get a boost without having to subject myself to such a hideous design. *barf* ;-)

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    Mega Latias loses points with me because of the color

Mega Pigeot loses even more because of it could have looked like the most badass thing on the planet but didn't -______-

I'm wasn't a huge fan of Mega Swampert either but I've gotten used to him.

To be honest, most of the new mega designs were pretty lackluster. None of them were really bad or ugly. They were just....unimpressive (Mega Beedrill is pretty boss though)

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • Ugliest? A lot of them so far in this generation have looked really gaudy.

Though, Glalie, Slamance and Altaria stick out to me as the ugly group for ORAS.

At least Lopunny is absolutely adorable.

Back