• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    uguu?

Destroys any diet in one meal
    Destroys any man in one punch
    Destroys any human in one playdate

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    OPM looks like it is being liked quite a bit all over the world. More than your average anime. Not AoT/SAO/DBZ/Death Note levels, but yeah.

Makes me happy. OPM iz gud stuff.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    It's definitely worth your time. 1 episode was all it took to convince me how amazing this show is.
    Kinda odd thinking years ago people would say if there was one show that needed an anime adaptation it was always OPM on the top and here we are.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Think I'll just be sticking to the anime for OPM, it's kinda rare for me to read manga these days with a few exceptions.

Like I ended catching up to the end of Shokugeki no soma because I wanted to know desperately what happens after the anime, World Trigger because the anime is doing an original story to where the manga is at and Daiya no Ace Act II because I just want to spoil myself a little xD Ansatsu Kyoushitsu I was already reading so that kinda doesn't count.

I've been wanting to read Aoharu x Kikanjuu for a while because aside from the OVA there's most likely not going to be a season 2 and it's only been updated really recently all the way up from Chapter 2 to 27.

I do enjoy watching OPM, i'm just not liking it enough to read the manga afterwards.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    You know , I thought Chihayafuru would be something different where the Female protagonist pick someone average looking guy over some hot , dazzling and shining guy.
    But latest chapter make me think it will be like all Shoujo manga where the Protagonist pick the hotter guy.
    Well , I guess its only a crime for Guys to dump a girl for a hotter girl !

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    OPM is certainly enjoyable, both in manga and anime form, which I'm very happy to experience right now.

Still, I'm very outdated when it comes to most Mangos so i'm just reading some really old relics such as:

Devilman - really enjoy this manga for the horror and the graphic imagery and violence.

My Balls - I started this series a long time ago, but remembered to actually read it.

Velvet Kiss - This one i found thanks to some reddit threads when i was browsing for certain mangas with "really stimulating scenes". VK is a Smut manga at best with guaranteed ero scenes at almost every chapter but its what i enjoy reading so yeah.

(by the way since I'm sharing these, i kinda recommend them, especially Devilman and VK ;3 )

derozio

Years
    You know , I thought Chihayafuru would be something different where the Female protagonist pick someone average looking guy over some hot , dazzling and shining guy.
    But latest chapter make me think it will be like all Shoujo manga where the Protagonist pick the hotter guy.
    Well , I guess its only a crime for Guys to dump a girl for a hotter girl !
    It isn't a crime either way. Might be horrible as an act if you do it purely because of looks, you know, dump a person who loves you a lot just to go after someone sexier, but it isn't a crime. You can judge that person and call him the scum of the earth all you want, but I don't really think you can deny the basic human instinct that urges the said person to take the step in the first place. I'm not calling it the "right" thing to do - after all, I'd rather stay with a person who loves me more than anybody in the world than hurt her feelings over someone who is merely more attractive and don't share the kind of love me and my (currently non-existent, heh) girlfriend do.

To be frank, I don't even know why you're questioning this in a series like Chihayafuru. It is as if you honestly don't give a **** about anything like story progression, characters and whatnot - you only wish to have your desire of seeing a beautiful chick picking a relatively average-looking character over a beautiful one (Arata isn't even just "average" looking - maybe in-universe, yes. But if you look at him as an anime character in general, he looks better than most out there). Series' internal logic and natural progression be damned, no? I wouldn't have gone on a rant if this were just the first or second time I'd seen you say this. Or if you had mentioned some other series.

To be frank, it isn't unnatural in the least. For guys to pick hot girls. Or vice versa. It is human nature to do so - we're naturally attracted to things that shine. Sure, there are those that place values and character over looks and are ready to disregard looks completely out there but they're very, very rare. I, personally, am a person who cares a lot about a person's character. Even if someone is the most beautiful/hot/sexy person in the entire world, if they've got a rotten character, I wouldn't want to be near them at all. But I definitely cannot deny the fact that, well, when given the choice between two girls who are both equally good people but one is slightly more attractive, chances of me going for the more attractive person over the latter are more.

Of course, it all depends on a lot of other variables like our comfort level, time spent together, way of thinking and a bazillion other factors. But if you disregard all that and look at it on a fundamental basis, this is what it boils down to - to go for more attractive person of the opposite sex is human nature. You cannot deny it.

Now, "attractiveness" is again a very subjective thing and I wouldn't want to get into a debate regarding that since that's a very murky thing. To talk about subjectivity and objectivity as far as things that differ from person to person goes. But yes, that's my stance on it, at least.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if you were talking about Arata or some other character (99% sure it is about Arata, though). Since I'm not up-to-date with the manga right now. But my point still stands - I view Chihayafuru as a series having meaningful developments. If Chihaya picks Taichi over Arata, it'd be due to how the story has progressed till that point in the series and not because Chihaya is going for superfluous elements like "hotness".
    Unless the series really goes to **** after a point and the author forgot to write to save their life, then I wouldn't know lol.

Think I'll just be sticking to the anime for OPM, it's kinda rare for me to read manga these days with a few exceptions.

Like I ended catching up to the end of Shokugeki no soma because I wanted to know desperately what happens after the anime, World Trigger because the anime is doing an original story to where the manga is at and Daiya no Ace Act II because I just want to spoil myself a little xD Ansatsu Kyoushitsu I was already reading so that kinda doesn't count.

I've been wanting to read Aoharu x Kikanjuu for a while because aside from the OVA there's most likely not going to be a season 2 and it's only been updated really recently all the way up from Chapter 2 to 27.

I do enjoy watching OPM, i'm just not liking it enough to read the manga afterwards.
    You'll probably want to read the manga after this arc ends. :3 Probably.

Shokugeki no Soma was just wayy too addictive, tbh. I ended up reading all of it and getting caught up in one damn day. XD; I wish I hadn't done that. Now I have to endure the painful wait for chapter each week. XD;

This is surprising. I had no idea that something like this'd happen. They're really popular, no?

It's definitely worth your time. 1 episode was all it took to convince me how amazing this show is.
    Kinda odd thinking years ago people would say if there was one show that needed an anime adaptation it was always OPM on the top and here we are.
    True, true! I've been waiting for the adaptation for a while. And I'm very happy with it. <3;

OPM is certainly enjoyable, both in manga and anime form, which I'm very happy to experience right now.

Still, I'm very outdated when it comes to most Mangos so i'm just reading some really old relics such as:

Devilman - really enjoy this manga for the horror and the graphic imagery and violence.

My Balls - I started this series a long time ago, but remembered to actually read it.

Velvet Kiss - This one i found thanks to some reddit threads when i was browsing for certain mangas with "really stimulating scenes". VK is a Smut manga at best with guaranteed ero scenes at almost every chapter but its what i enjoy reading so yeah.

(by the way since I'm sharing these, i kinda recommend them, especially Devilman and VK ;3 )
    Smut is TOTALLY my thing. And because of that, I'd like to thank you. This definitely puts Velvet Kiss at the top of my to-read manga list. Is it complete, though? If it were, that'd be just fantastic!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    This is surprising. I had no idea that something like this'd happen. They're really popular, no?
    It's not even level of "popular", it's even more =D

Well, I guess the girls want to take a break...
    If you look at it from objective perspective, participating in events, singing constantly new and new songs, all of that for whole 6 years, it makes sense they would want to do something new.

Plus, Suzuko Mimori (Umi), Aya Uchida (Kotori) and Sora Tokui (Nico) are getting more roles (with UchiAya game related) so they seem to want to concentrate on their seiyuu work.

derozio

Years
    Oh, so it isn't like they can't get their contracts renewed if they don't want to take a break, is it? I thought that once their contracts expired, that's the end of that. :p

But since it isn't the case and they're doing it after taking a decision, more power to them. :p

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Smut is TOTALLY my thing. And because of that, I'd like to thank you. This definitely puts Velvet Kiss at the top of my to-read manga list. Is it complete, though? If it were, that'd be just fantastic!

Velvet Kiss has been completed years ago, and even my friends told me that I'm really that outdated if i just started it. Its definitely worth checking out for dat plot and the main female protagonist is really good looking - think of a combination of a Loli-like face but with a pretty good bod comparable to most anime/manga women.

On another note, I just watched Digimon Tri and I'm glad to say, I love how they made grown up Sora Takenouchi and Kari Kamiya look very waif material... now I question my preferences O-o

derozio

Years
    Velvet Kiss has been completed years ago, and even my friends told me that I'm really that outdated if i just started it. Its definitely worth checking out for dat plot and the main female protagonist is really good looking - think of a combination of a Loli-like face but with a pretty good bod comparable to most anime/manga women.

On another note, I just watched Digimon Tri and I'm glad to say, I love how they made grown up Sora Takenouchi and Kari Kamiya look very waif material... now I question my preferences O-o
    I'll definitely be keeping it in mind. Shall be my very next manga marathon, in fact. :D
    Smut stuff is really, really fascinating but it is rarely explored in manga. It is either very safe ecchi or just hentai. Stuff that explores the border between the two is what I really like :p On that note, there are two series that I happen to come across and like. You might wanna give them a shot - First is Nana to Kaoru. And second is Kimi wa Midara no Boku no Joou (you are my indecent queen/ you are dirty, my queen). I absolutely despise BDSM but the former explores it so perfectly that I never did mind. XD; And the latter is, well, as close to hentai as you can get without going there. XD; From what I remember back when I read it, it had really pretty art and it was crazy good at what it did. :p You'll love it I think. Only downside is that it seems to be incomplete.

Nah, producers wouldn't want to kill such a popular franchise =D
    And starting with a new group would be unthinkable =D
    I see. XD; Understandable. Well, either way, it is a shame to see them go but its their life. And burnout is definitely something natural after you've been working as much and as hard as they have been. So it is very well deserved of a break for them, I feel. :p

Also I just finished Golden Time a while ago and I have to say, a series hasn't disappointed me this badly in a good amount of time. Its either one or the other - series either lead up to something great and pull it off or never end up being so good that I expect anything from it. At least, that's how it has been for me so far with most of the anime I pick up. Here, this one lead upto some really good plot points but decided to drop the ball and went for an ending that left me feeling like I'd swallowed a terribly bitter delicacy that original tasted good in my mouth. Turned bitter as soon as I swallowed it. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back