• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
    At the behest of people from the Mecha board on 4chan and friends from my usual IRC hangout spot, I started watching the OVA for Birdy The Mighty and I gotta say, the fight scenes in this are amazing. I love the art style, too, it's got that 80s-to-90s flair.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    One of my favorite screencaps from one of my "growing up animes"

Spoiler:

If some people can recognize where this screenie came from, they had a great taste in anime back in the day.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I'm downloading Love Live right now.

The "Nico Nico nii~" clip on youtube sold me on it. :D Looking forward to it! Imma watch Samurai Champloo someday too. Have it downloaded already. But idoru animu for now. :3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years

The "Nico Nico nii~" clip on youtube sold me on it. :D Looking forward to it! Imma watch Samurai Champloo someday too. Have it downloaded already. But idoru animu for now. :3
    Trying to enjoy it while you can? xD
    Good, good :D
    Get hooked, buy Vita, buy games, buy Dangan and everything will be solved =D

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    So back in 2011 i started Blood C, which i thought was okay, but for some reason i sorta stopped and just stuck with something else. Now I re-watch Blood C and flipped a coin for RNGesus - heads Subbed or tails Dubbed. It landed on tails. RNGesus why? Well at least i'll try to like Saya's dubbed voice.

Antidubbers can draw their high frequency blades at me for choosing dubs.

Years

Fair warning: plot is very much a "power of friendship" type plot. It's a fun ride, but so cliche for a musical set in a high school (if you've ever seen any musical set in a high school and targeted at tweens, it's pretty much the anime equivalent of that, minus the romantic relationship since show has like 2 male characters at most). At least, that's what it felt like to me.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    ! Imma watch Samurai Champloo someday too. Have it downloaded already. But idoru animu for now. :3

Champloo back in the day (hail pre 2010 annie may generation) was basically one of the best "entry level" anime that anyone could recommend to others. It will make you more manly, even if you're aren't a man otherwise.

h a "power of friendship" type plot.

Oh how i wish i can say that in Shao Kahn's voice. Friendship, Friendship? AGAIN?

Side note:
    Okay, English Dub Saya, you can sing. I remember her being a lil cutesy in Japanese Audio but this english dub of Saya.... disclaimer: not saying its bad or anything... she's definitely a different Saya from her predecessors. English Dub Motoe twins are definitely more entertaining for me though so that's a Plus.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Champloo back in the day (hail pre 2010 annie may generation) was basically one of the best "entry level" anime that anyone could recommend to others. It will make you more manly, even if you're aren't a man otherwise.
    Still is. Along with shows like Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist, and the more recent Baccano!. Among others, of course- ones that I'm totally blanking on. Code Geass counts, I believe. GurrLag, too.

But yeah, these are still considered good entry points. I doubt there'll be a point where they won't be. Can't see 80s - 00s anime being "too old to watch" anytime soon, if ever.

Also, Toshtoast is right, Dero. Play Dangan. Support the cause.

derozio

Years
    Fair warning: plot is very much a "power of friendship" type plot. It's a fun ride, but so cliche for a musical set in a high school (if you've ever seen any musical set in a high school and targeted at tweens, it's pretty much the anime equivalent of that, minus the romantic relationship since show has like 2 male characters at most). At least, that's what it felt like to me.
    Musical set in a high school, huh? I've only seen tw..no, three shows that deal with music and features highschool to college level characters. And they'd have to be Sakamichi no Appolon, Nodame Cantabile and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso. I don't think they fall in the "generic" category though. They're all stand-outs in their own rights haha. So maybe this'll be my first "cliche generic" musical high school anime. We'll see. :3

I've seen fights from the show and I liked them. I never heard anyone saying it'd make people manly, though. That description is generally left out for stuff like Gurren Lagann, JoJo or, well, the most prominent example being Hokuto no Ken. XD; TTGL excluded, both JoJo and Hokuto have characters with high levels of GAR. I don't quite see Champloo having that kind of effect on me but we'll see about it when I finally watch it! :p

Still is. Along with shows like Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist, and the more recent Baccano!. Among others, of course- ones that I'm totally blanking on. Code Geass counts, I believe. GurrLag, too.

But yeah, these are still considered good entry points. I doubt there'll be a point where they won't be. Can't see 80s - 00s anime being "too old to watch" anytime soon, if ever.

Also, Toshtoast is right, Dero. Play Dangan. Support the cause.
    All excellent animu still now. Despite being stuff that most people call them "entry level", they're still amazing even if you've seen 500-600 or even 1000 animu I feel. Not that I have seen that many, but hey, I'm getting close (if you consider 260ish close...)

What is a dangan. No idea. If it is a game, since it sounds like one, I shall once I get into the series. Probably.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    So a female friend of mine just wanted to get into anime, and asked what anime she should watch to get started. Me being a good friend, basically told her, go watch Higurashi no Naku Kori Ni (When they Cry), its a really good anime i promise (complete with a smirk face).

I'm bestest friend evar, amirite?

derozio

Years
    So a female friend of mine just wanted to get into anime, and asked what anime she should watch to get started. Me being a good friend, basically told her, go watch Higurashi no Naku Kori Ni (When they Cry), its a really good anime i promise (complete with a smirk face).

I'm bestest friend evar, amirite?
    You are. Because, well - technically, it IS a good anime. I really like it a lot, haha.

But then again, not among the most beginner friendly ones. Are you kinda trying to drive her away from anime in general or something? Like, I get the satisfaction of being an evil mofo to your friends *totallylovesit* but still! :p

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Didn't finish Higurashi :/ I don't know why, but I just couldn't watch it after episode 5. Something really bothered me about the series (maybe it was the art? I can't remember) and I just couldn't finish watching it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    You are. Because, well - technically, it IS a good anime. I really like it a lot, haha.

But then again, not among the most beginner friendly ones. Are you kinda trying to drive her away from anime in general or something? Like, I get the satisfaction of being an evil mofo to your friends *totallylovesit* but still! :p

Definitely no. One of the things that i was told to was something that isn't like "what the boys like seeing all the time"

Then again i did say Code Geass after if she did not like Higurashi. Though knowing CLAMP's high quality body proportions (if you all know what i mean), i think she can stomach them very well.

I don't know what was bothering me :pp

Aliens?

On Topic:

English Dub Shion is best Shion?

derozio

Years
    Ah, well, she's only the one to blame because she wanted something different. :p But Code Geass is cool. She'll probably like it. Most of my non-anime friends loved it. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back