• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    It goes way beyond usual TOEI. Suppose you guys are happy watching it though so it's fine.
    You'd be surprised how often, especially during the arcs, I actively had to pause or audibly say "Oh no..." at just the sheer terribleness of some of the animation. "Way beyond usual TOEI" is sickeningly accurate, which is surprising when you consider the money to be made off of the show in question (then again, people are watching and it helps Blu-ray sales. gg Toei.)

It's had some pretty good sakuga, though, but it's usually short-lived or preceded by a lot of shit sakuga. These last couple of episodes have actually been pretty good animation-wise, and I'd say episode 39's the best looking in the entire franchise, but the shit still exists and...it doesn't look good. I wouldn't really call it DBZ-tier since that didn't really look good, either (better than this, though), but y'know. As for the appearance and feel, the new arc's been pretty Toriyama, though I get where you're coming from on that. Certainly doesn't beat the fun and energy of the original. That in mind, character development's been really nice in Super and they've been cranking out some legitimately good ideas lately, so it's a give and take.

---

So, anyone watching Future Diary's Bizarre Adventure (read: Big Order)? Just watched the first episode and so far, even after that soul crushing Futurediary.jp in the opening, it's gelling with me. The music's fun as hell, the concept's nothing new and could go pretty much any way, the main character isn't nearly as shit as he could have been (instantly a big plus), yaddayadda. Definitely following this one.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    So, anyone watching Future Diary's Bizarre Adventure (read: Big Order)? Just watched the first episode and so far, even after that soul crushing Futurediary.jp in the opening, it's gelling with me. The music's fun as hell, the concept's nothing new and could go pretty much any way, the main character isn't nearly as shit as he could have been (instantly a big plus), yaddayadda. Definitely following this one.
    Didn't plan on picking it up but I'll do so since you said this might have potential. Your initial impressions on shows haven't exactly made me pick up bad animu so far and I trust your taste so I'll blindly go for it. Despite following, like, 20 series this season. XD

Aimer + Chelly + Sawano masterpiece "ninelie" (Kabaneri ED song) is out, btw. It is a treat to the ears like I thought it'd be. Have been listening to it on loop for hours now. <3

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Tsunderes too hot to ignore --

--Clare Harvey

uguu?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I mean, she's from Hundred so it's not that hard.

Started that show up, and I was...not exactly hopeful. I mean, I knew it was gonna be a harem- that much I didn't have a problem with, but these artists really need to find the line between characters that have risque outfits and outfits that make their designs look just plain ridiculous. Same with boobs, because I really don't think the author had is glasses on when he was drawing those curves.

Still not as bad as the brown girl from Big Order though, because...holy hell. She really lives up to the show's name.

-Oh, and uh...to go along with that topic, Kurenai Rin. Same show. That tsun's on fire.

Years
    I'm just sitting here watching anime without any tsunderes in them this season... well, unless Suzuki fangirl Rin Suzunoki counts:

Spoiler:

Which y'all need to watch, by the way. For those who found it meh or expected K-On! with motorcycles, it's gotten kind of lewd the last two episodes.

Also blonde twin drills girl up there seems super, well, generic for a tsundere in terms of her design.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    --- Mio Naruse

To me , This Girl is way too Hot !

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Let's tone the innuendo down some, boys. Those last two were really pushing it.

Honestly, the show she's from couldn't be more generic if it tried. It's not even a particularly fun one and I like battle harem nonsense.

So basically it took the safe money route.

Maybe it's called that since it's the Hundred show you seen like this.

This man's spittin' hot fire right here.

Bakuon is a pretty cool guy, Don. I like it.

That's great, man.

Speaking of, is it still your AOTS, Don?

And have they gotten to rubbing?

Well, by default, yes. It's like a 7.2 if I had to peg an exact rating on it (a certain character kind of tanked the score from where I had it in episode 5 because I don't find those antics humorous to the extent they were taken). Kiznaiver is the only other full-length anime I've seen so far this season and that's been meh up to where I am.

The "American Car Wash"? Yes. The /r/anime discussion thread on the episode made it seem like it was To Love Ru levels of lewd, though, which, while close in spots, was not what it was, though I think many were still expecting K-On! with motorcycles (and I was admittedly in that camp). It's more like Sabagebu for motorcycles with a cast more closely resembling K-On!'s.

Speaking of Sabagebu, I need to watch more than just YouTube clips of that.

Years
    A lot of Japanese creators are overworking themselves by not insignificant amounts, though that's the case in general in the Japanese workforce.

It's definitely an adorable and comfy watch. Well, mostly. Have fun!

Now for the novels to be translated officially.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back