• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

There are a lot of reasons why Berserk is awesome, but the artwork is most certainly one of those reasons. Miura just puts a tremendous amount of detail into everything he draws.

User Anon 1848

The Golden Age arc from Berserk is the best story arc I've read or seen from any work of fiction. The anime adaptations have failed to do it justice so far. The manga shits over anything from GOT if you ask me. Although it isn't too long after that arc that the manga begins to decline in quality. It felt like a generic shonen for a long period of time and only recently did Miura seem to have a sense of direction for his story. Too bad he's back to releasing chapters once a year again.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Question : Was there any 2D animated episode of Miraculous Ladybug ?
    Because I found animated trailer and video but not an anime episode of Miraculous Ladybug.

Off course , A 2d Animated series of Miraculous Ladybug has been confirmed and felix has been scarped for Abiran.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miskSsWEyoA

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Nah, that trailer came out right when the project was initially announced. Was pretty sad when I saw the eye cancer that actually ended up being created.

Well , A Japanese OVA is said to be confirmed by the creator of the show --

Sir Codin

That CGI is......BAD. REALLY. REALLY. BAD.

Dammit, these people had ONE GODDAMN JOB: Make a Berserk anime that truly does the comic justice. Then they give us this...

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    First they made the bad movie trilogy and now they're making this. Berserk just isn't meant going past past the Golden Age I guess. From what I've read, the Golden Age was my favorite part, but I still need to start the Millennium arc.

Years
    Berserk strikes me as the type of series that would be picked up by a studio that's more adventurous in trying out "new" technologies. IIRC, the Japanese animation industry has been very slow to move to any sort of software based animation.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I totally fell off the Berserk series after getting to that arc with the bees or something. He had kids with him. I don't even remember most of the stuff that happened after the Golden Age arc. Honestly don't plan on picking up either the manga OR the new anime. Manga because I'm only doing so once the series is close to the ending (lol) and anime because, well, it looks friggin terrible. Might just watch one-two episodes for the lulz though. And since the OST is being done by that guy who did the OST for the original anime and movies - he's great.

In other news, I'm gonna cross my 300 anime watched point soon. Wanted 300th anime to be something REALLY special but I guess I'll have to settle with Shakugan no Shana III for now. Not that I'm not enjoying the series but the storyline and a lot of choices with the direction of the show is absolutely bollocks. Still fun.

Years
    If Shana 3 was the last Shana series I seem to remember it being horrible. I watched it weekly. If it was the one before last it was just a pointless shipping series.

Best thing about the Shana franchise were the opening and endings.

Sir Codin

I totally fell off the Berserk series after getting to that arc with the bees or something. He had kids with him.
    You should've kept reading. He kills the kids in Demon cocoons to make himself fireproof and the Conviction arc is really cool.

Things have gotten a bit high fantasy after that, but still grimdark. And everyone is damn sure we're in nothing more than the eye of the storm.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    If Shana 3 was the last Shana series I seem to remember it being horrible. I watched it weekly. If it was the one before last it was just a pointless shipping series.

Best thing about the Shana franchise were the opening and endings.
    See, I still haven't completed the series so I can't comment on the overall thing but, well, yes. The series is a big ball of missed potential so far. S3 started off fun with the TWESST of MC going over to the baddies side but the "war" between the two factions lack any tension or immersion from my side and the reasoning they give for the fight and a lot of other stuff is just plain bullshit. I was really enjoying the series like 7-8 episodes into it (S3) but now that I'm 16 episodes in, not so anymore. Hoping that this one somehow wraps up somewhat nicely but I don't really see that happening with all the crap I've been bombarded with.

S1 was a 6 for enjoyment. S2 was an 8. S3, at the rate it is going, will end up being a 5. Should either stick to pointless tsundere romantic shenanigans or go full blown action. This tried both and is failing at both. I mean, it IS trying for action route but I honestly can't give a crap about characters who just got introduced a few episodes ago so most of the fights just make me go "oh well, just get the story going. I need to see this through to the end.."

But yes, I'd agree. The OPs were TOP. All the three seasons has had great OPs. Light My Fire, Joint and Serment are among my favorite OPs of all time. XD;

You should've kept reading. He kills the kids in Demon cocoons to make himself fireproof and the Conviction arc is really cool.

Things have gotten a bit high fantasy after that, but still grimdark. And everyone is damn sure we're in nothing more than the eye of the storm.
    Tbh, at this point, I don't remember shit anymore. So I'll have to start reading from just after the Golden Age Arc. And I left it back then because I was annoyed at the prospect of catching up and then hitting a dead end - Miura being the guy he is and his update schedule being how it is. >_> I have plenty of material to catch up on right now, I suppose. Let's see. Will get to it once I catch up with some other series I have on my list like Kingdom.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Sup Ladies and Dudes. I heard you be talking about Berserk here and there, and well if its all about the BUS (People who may know me a lil more may already know what the "BUS" means), Berserk really does hit the spot. I like the classic version a lot more than the newer ones, not because "OMIGOSH I HATE MODERN ANIMATION TECHNOLOGY BS", but I simply love how blood and gore was so well animated with the old tools. I mean, those classic blood showers. Oh yeah. Deliciouso!

May be 2 graphic so there spoiler tag.
    Spoiler:

Its like a buffet for a crazed lunatic like myself.

They don't make that well animated blood and fluids like they used to. I mean, i remember Souten Kouro (basically Romance of the Three Kingdoms on steroids) being quite bloody and graphic.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    You should definitely check the old school gore OVAs in that case Xin. While most of them don't really have a good story, they sure deliver in that area. Stuff like Angel Cop, Genocyber, Battle Royale High School etc.

NSFW violence warning I guess

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Genocyber, yeah i heard about that, and those other mentioned. They don't have the best stories there is, but the blood factor is quite there. Battle Royale High school, definitely something that I will check out.

I'm starting to remember how much I enjoyed Blood C (i only saw it like last year) and i even talked about it here when i was soooooooooo active in A&M's DCC. That was like a few months ago. However, it was no Blood+, and I felt that Blood C could have been better if there were at least MORE THAN 13 episodes.. and Blood C was released back in 2011, the trend of 13 episode anime's didn't really exist at that time. But hey at least I did see The Last Dark (AND IN ENGLISH DUB <3) because I really needed to finish everything about the Blood C storyline and well.. at least The Last Dark was a much better experience than the 13 episodes that i had to go through.

Speaking of animes, I've been reading and checking info about Koutetsujou no Kabaneri:
    uguu?

I was reading through 2016's list of anime releases and this was one of the first few things that caught my eye. And right now, I've been checking out various clips or some highlights from said series. I kinda think it might be interesting so I'll be dabbing in here. Also Yukina is muscular lady.

uguu?

Now i feel that i need to lift. DO YOU EVEN HM STRENGTH BRO?

Also, i remember talking about Devilman in this thread. Both the anime and the manga. Every Devilman related thing. Such wow, such rawr. I wonder what happened to the people who i recommended Devilman as something to read >: ))))

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Speaking of animes, I've been reading and checking info about Koutetsujou no Kabaneri:
    uguu?

I was reading through 2016's list of anime releases and this was one of the first few things that caught my eye. And right now, I've been checking out various clips or some highlights from said series. I kinda think it might be interesting so I'll be dabbing in here. Also Yukina is muscular lady.

uguu?

Now i feel that i need to lift. DO YOU EVEN HM STRENGTH BRO?
    You should totes watch it! It's like my favourite show this season; probably gonna be AotS given its huge fanbase.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    That scene in the gif was so hilarious. He literally has the worst mother ever. Nobody puts down their child that harsh lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back