• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Yes Utaha and Michiru bring much of the pl0t in this show but then again it's not the only thing that makes this show great, unlike other harem shows like Nisekoi we already know who is best girl - Kato. The rest are good but Kato is much more interesting.
    Katou is fantastic.
    Though, I do like Eriri as well.
    Moderate boobs > big ones

What's that D:

it's cute! Mostly about people who fight in mechanical/reinforced suits to protect the world from danger.. so it's a superhero anime in its own right. Pretty art and nice characters. *_* MAL

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Work's picked up, lots of overtime. I got to watch Kekkai Sensen 6 today, then I ran out of time. Gonna have to devote Thursday to hard core catch up day.

Poor Chikara-sama :( It happens to me sometimes with study + work and having several things to watch.
    I will try to pick up less series next season, but I can't promise anything 8D

it's cute! Mostly about people who fight in mechanical/reinforced suits to protect the world from danger.. so it's a superhero anime in its own right. Pretty art and nice characters. *_* MAL

Spoiler:
    One of anime that Hirano Aya used to return to business.

And... :D Second season has HanaKana!

You both got my attention on this :O

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    It's also "based" on one of them older anime the cool kids don't seem to be into.

(personally, Casshern Sins was my favorite of the recent Tatsunoko reboots)

Years
    It's also "based" on one of them older anime the cool kids don't seem to be into.

(personally, Casshern Sins was my favorite of the recent Tatsunoko reboots)

Did someone say "DEVOUR CASHEWS"? 'cause that reboot was fun. In the English dub, Casshern has kind of a boring voice, but each "robot of the day" was quite a bit of fun.

And Gatchaman Crowds was "based" off of an anime that got a heavily butchered US adaptation, for those too lazy to go check it. Par for the course for some of the better known anime from the '50s, '60s, '70s, and '80s.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Eric Vale was a pretty strange choice, yeah. I don't think there's any English voice actor right now that captures Furuya's tone.

I loved seeing an Umakoshi show with decent production value, Sins was one of the most stylish shows to have come out that year. (and, IMO, one of the most stylish since) And Kobayashi's a favorite writer of mine, so I gravitate more towards things she writes.

And yeah, Gatchaman had some weird dubs in America, basically three, two of which were essentially the same thing with different casts.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Crowds had beautiful art.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Crowds had beautiful art.

Spoiler:

That's not really a good comparison, is it? Considering how far apart the shows were produced and that Crowds was just a one cour show while the original Gatchman shows went on for quite a bit longer.

Also, say what you will, but the animation in Gatchman was often fluid and exciting. The visual style in which the characters were drawn might not be to your taste, but it was a pretty darn competent production.

(granted, when it comes to Crowds, I kinda hate Hajime's design, so I'm totally biased here)

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    That's not really a good comparison, is it? Considering how far apart the shows were produced and that Crowds was just a one cour show while the original Gatchman shows went on for quite a bit longer.

Also, say what you will, but the animation in Gatchman was often fluid and exciting. The visual style in which the characters were drawn might not be to your taste, but it was a pretty darn competent production.

(granted, when it comes to Crowds, I kinda hate Hajime's design, so I'm totally biased here)

Never said anything about the original not being good, haha. In fact, I loved it.

What I said was in the context of the modern day, where a design criterion such as that of the original would be unacceptable.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back