• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    It's amusing to see some of the quirkier Index girls animated. Currently trudging through the series since this is my third or fourth time through the first 3 story arcs in the past two years. Read the manga adaptations and LNs before I ever dove into the anime.

Biribiri is my waifu

Years
    11 series - about 80ish eps

That's... a lot.

Doesn't sound too bad. Just a fun weekend.

What kind of crazy wonderland do you live in??? Who actually has time for 80 episodes in a weekend? That's 29 hours and 20 minutes of nothing but anime. Nothing. But. Anime. And that's just assuming each episode is 22 minutes long. Divided over 3 days, that's nearly 10 hours a day. Or 8 on Friday night and 11.5 each day on Saturday and Sunday.

on recent form that'll last me months.

I think that's even worse than my recent form. 80 episodes would probably take me around 2 months.

Biribiri is my waifu

Biribiri is waifu for a lot of people.

Biribiri x Touma is probably my 3rd highest ranking Touma ship of any kind after making it 9 books into the novels.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Gintama faces never seem to get stale.

Spoiler:

The more I work through the show (though I'm only 20ish episodes in), the more I can't understand...first, why some people say the beginning's a slog. This show's been hilarious from the beginning. Second...why would someone use the Gintama Viewing Guide? There are shows where you can say "It's about the journey, not the destination", but I think in a very real sense this describes Gintama. The show's a comedy, and rarely is it moreso during arc episodes. I can understand wanting to watch for the story since the show does actually give a shit about its plot, but more likely than not, you're watching Gintama for the comedy as well as its serious moments, and so I can't understand why you'd skip episodes entirely.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I did find it kinda slow at the start, but it never bored me. The thing is that it gets ridiculously better later lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Which anime has more popularity between Pokemon XY & Yugioh Arc-V ?
    Pokemon XY get better rating but Yugioh Arc-V sales more DVD & Blu-ray dise.
    Which is more importance between TV rating & DVD/Blu-ray Dise sales ???

Years

Merchandise sales matter far more for those types of shows. Dramatically more than TV ratings and DVD/BluRay sales. Explicitly of those two options, though, probably TV ratings because it shows that people are seeing the episodes, which act as advertisements for the merchandise, live.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    What kind of crazy wonderland do you live in??? Who actually has time for 80 episodes in a weekend? That's 29 hours and 20 minutes of nothing but anime. Nothing. But. Anime. And that's just assuming each episode is 22 minutes long. Divided over 3 days, that's nearly 10 hours a day. Or 8 on Friday night and 11.5 each day on Saturday and Sunday.

Usually my weekend is pretty empty. And since I don't usually sleep away my free time, an 80 episode binge isn't too crazy for me if I actually decide to commit to sitting and watching until its done :x

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Merchandise sales matter far more for those types of shows. Dramatically more than TV ratings and DVD/BluRay sales. Explicitly of those two options, though, probably TV ratings because it shows that people are seeing the episodes, which act as advertisements for the merchandise, live.

So , Where do I find information about Merchandise sales ???

Years
    Usually my weekend is pretty empty. And since I don't usually sleep away my free time, an 80 episode binge isn't too crazy for me if I actually decide to commit to sitting and watching until its done :x

That much free time is just something that's hard to me imagine. That's also the entire weekend devoted to marathoning shows you're not even sure you'll like.

Look at sales numbers for the TCGs, the plushes, the games, the figurines, etc.

No idea where you'd find the numbers, though.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    That much free time is just something that's hard to me imagine. That's also the entire weekend devoted to marathoning shows you're not even sure you'll like.

Eh. I don't usually leave things for a binge that I'm not sure I'll at least somewhat enjoy. If there's something I'm unsure of I'll watch it an episode or two at a time over time. My current backlog is around 500 episodes so idk. I'm not getting to anything new for a while.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Pokemon XY. If only because its fandom is more consistent due to the tone and content generally being the same between seasons (whereas each Yugioh series is vastly different from the last, generally drawing in different fans with a smaller percentage following them consistently), and because XY has already aired in the West- and for quite some time, while Arc-V is newer and has yet to be dubbed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Why do you even care? Planning another ''my children's tv show is better than yours'' thread?

Nope , Simply trying to learn the way to determine an Animes popularity !
    Suppose , I claim that ''Toaru Kagaku no Railgun'' to be more popular then Pokemon XY series But only to see hundred of post proving me wrong and Pokemon anime turn out to be more popular then ''Railgun'' series.
    That's embarrassing!
    So , I want determine an Anime's popularity before clamming it to be more popular then other Anime.

PS : It hard to believe '''Toaru Kagaku no railgun'' is less popular then Pokemon BW series when ''Railgun'' series actually had a better story while the latter doesn't a story.
    But Rating show Pokemon BW series to be more popular then 'Railgun'' series despite being one of the worst anime series. (Atleast Pokemon series)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Suppose , I claim that ''Toaru Kagaku no Railgun'' to be more popular then Pokemon XY series But only to see hundred of post proving me wrong and Pokemon anime turn out to be more popular then ''Railgun'' series.
    That's embarrassing!
    So , I want determine an Anime's popularity before clamming it to be more popular then other Anime.

PS : It hard to believe '''Toaru Kagaku no railgun'' is less popular then Pokemon BW series when ''Railgun'' series actually had a better story while the latter doesn't a story.
    But Rating show Pokemon BW series to be more popular then 'Railgun'' series despite being one of the worst anime series. (Atleast Pokemon series)
    There are different ways. You can, for instance, just look at the general popularity of the anime in question.

It's not like we do intense research before saying these things, generally the popularity of shows like those is on the surface.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    That's a hell of a strange example considering Pokemon [anime] and Raildex are aimed at totally different demographics.

How old are you, Famon?

Years
    It's definitely a very confusing comparison. Definitely not series targeted at the same demographics.

Here's a summary of each series:

Railgun: A series that's based off of a manga that's a spinoff series of a light novel series that's targeted at teens.

Pokemon BW: A sequel series that's targeted primarily at the children/all ages demographic that's part of a massively popular franchise that centers around a massively popular and globally recognizable video game series.

Railgun is definitely the series with the more niche appeal, as well as the one with lower recognition among casual observers, no matter how you slice it. An adaptation of a spinoff of an already niche series is at a colossal disadvantage compared to a series based off of a wildly popular series of video games.

The only reasons Railgun ranks higher in popularity on MAL than Best Wishes is that most of the people who've watched Best Wishes won't ever end up actually watching more than a handful of anime, let alone finding a site about tracking which ones you've watched, while most of the people who've watched Railgun are deep enough into the medium to have found Railgun and are old enough to not have watched Best Wishes at all and/or see Pokemon as "for kids".

Pokemon has and always will cast a wider net for fans than the Index/Railgun franchise.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    What kind of crazy wonderland do you live in??? Who actually has time for 80 episodes in a weekend?
    Who doesn't? =D
    Weekend = 48 hours, minus sleep, you get around 32-36 hours of free time, no prob =D

Obviously Disc sales.
    TV rating is absolutely useless and only works in your favor when you say something is better than your hated Pokemon series.

Either Google them if you want recent ones, or wait for yearly statistics.

That's embarrassing!

Index is mainly a Light Novel series, it's obvious anime is more popular.
    Pokemon would be more popular if we were to take games into consideration as well.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Index is mainly a Light Novel series, it's obvious anime is more popular.
    Pokemon would be more popular if we were to take games into consideration as well.
    Even disregarding the games' sales and popularity, Pokemon would still be the more popular of the two. Partially because, AFAIK, Railgun isn't as popular as Index, but also because, as stated above, Pokemon reaches to a much wider demographic and, in general, just has a larger fanbase.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back