• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    So we could mix Pokemon and Index and create A Certain Pocket Monster

Spoiler:

I'd probably play the hell out of or watch the hell out of a mashup of some sort, though.

EDIT: Also, @ thread title: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.felixsoft.uguunator&hl=en

It's an app that you cycles through Uguu sounds.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Oh my god. Yes, please a Certain Pokemon Index. I'd watch that.

Has anyone seen the anime Red Data Girl? I think it's kind of boring and doesn't really make sense to me, so.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I've heard of Red Data Girl when it was still airing but I was like lol I have a competition to attend to so yeah, didn't watch it.

Years
    I've been meaning to give it a watch, but, no, I haven't seen it. I think it was actually kind of popular in Japan, popular enough to hijack the #rdg hashtag from the English town of Reading for a bit when it first debuted.

I've heard a few things about it, but not a lot, so it may not have struck it big in the USA, either.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Oh God, why do these early episodes of Gintama hit me right in the feels? Like, this is some real-ass emotion their evoking here.

This isn't the Gin I'm used to. About a month ago I started jumping around after getting hooked on Gintama° (the interview was all I needed to know that the show was fantastic), so for the Summer I decided to go from the beginning and follow the show in order. And God...

...You know a show isn't screwing around when its normally high octane commercial transitions are silent. I mean, I knew the show's tone could change on a dime, but to be serious and actually be compelling and even chilling when it wants to be is pretty impressive.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I've heard of Red Data Girl when it was still airing but I was like lol I have a competition to attend to so yeah, didn't watch it.
    I've been meaning to give it a watch, but, no, I haven't seen it. I think it was actually kind of popular in Japan, popular enough to hijack the #rdg hashtag from the English town of Reading for a bit when it first debuted.

I've heard a few things about it, but not a lot, so it may not have struck it big in the USA, either.
    RDG is average... it isn't bad, but it doesn't particularly surprises.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    Nobody seems to be watching Ninja Slayer. Am I alone?

Spoiler:

Years
    I'm watching it, or was. I'll catch up later. It's good for binge watching when I'm bored.

Though I feel like the 'am i the only one doing *thing*' saying is always wrong, because you're never the only one. Nobody is a special snowflake. I think I found a new pet peeve to go along with 'not to mention, *mentions it*'.

YEEEEART

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I'm watching it, or was. I'll catch up later. It's good for binge watching when I'm bored.

Though I feel like the 'am i the only one doing *thing*' saying is always wrong, because you're never the only one. Nobody is a special snowflake. I think I found a new pet peeve to go along with 'not to mention, *mentions it*'.

YEEEEART
    "Not to mention" has always bothered me, because it's never used in a way that makes sense. Worse, it rolls off the tongue, so it's basically asking to be used.

Another one is "quote, unquote". This one's specifically for spoken word, and when you actually right it out it becomes quickly apparent why it makes no sense. For instance, "She said, '' Be gentle, Senpai." Phonetically, that would be said, "She said, quote unquote Be gentle, Senpai," when it should be, "She said, quote Be gentle, Senpai unquote." I think it's journalist lingo that's to blame for that, though.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    It's actually "quote unquote." For the longest time in middle school, I thought it was "quote on quote" lol.

But otherwise, fair argument. I agree.
    Whoops, that's what I meant. Thanks for catching that.

It's always bad when you're trying to make a point about incorrect grammar and then you're the one that ends up making a mistake <.<

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    and when you actually right it out it becomes quickly apparent why it makes no sense. For instance...
    It's always bad when you're trying to make a point about incorrect grammar and then you're the one that ends up making a mistake <.<
    lel

While not exactly an instance of "incorrect grammar" per say, it is always kinda funny when this happens. :p No offense intended, by the way! :p

As for that thing...well, I thought it was "quote on quote" too haha. Anyway, moving onto anime - I started Nagi no Asukara. Fairy/Jolyne/Alexial mentioned it to me a year ago. And only now am I watching it. Seen 20 episodes so far and I'm completely hooked tbh. It draws you in pretty nicely after a few episodes. And it is gorgeous to behold. Like almost all P.A. Works anime I've seen as of late - Another, Shirobako, Hanasaku Iroha. You name it. They're all gorgeously animated with aesthetically appealing art styles. <3;

As for Ninja Slayer, well, I'll watch it when it ends. I saw one episode. First. And it was hilarious what with those exploding heads and YEAAAARRTTT haha

Years
    So my friend told me to watch this one called Yosuga No Sora. It's a romance anime, and usually I absolutely hate those because they end up all pasta uguu weeby weeaboo to all hell type of anime. But this one is actually really nice, and really cute. My only main issue is that it's about an incest relationship. It is categorized as ecchi too. But not over sexualized. Idk I kinda feel bad for liking it, because of the incest, but it is really good quality wise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back