• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga uguu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
    So he and Danshi Koukousei hit it off pretty. Probably loves the memes.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Problems. Mistakes. When you go looking for them, you find them.

In that post up there where I pointed out that artistic oddity in Danchigai...well, that was in the show, it wasn't consistent between episodes and was incredibly temporary.

Whelp, 's really bad when you find something...not so right in an opening. Especially when it's in a mostly still screen that's waiting for the song to end that you have to see in every episode until the next opening. Cue Danball Senki's second opening where I noticed several...things while on an intro run.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

No, no OLM, I understand. Pokemon takes a lot of time and you're working on so many other shows right now like Inazuma Eleven GO and...um...Inazuma Eleven GO. Animation's tough, shows cost a lot of money and openings especially take a lot of time and money, but...these are still pictures. If they were animated, I'd understand somewhat, but these are stills. Just drawn and layered over what was animated in the scene. And it sits on them for over 5 seconds.

I mean...I mean c'mon. To it's credit, though, it's an otherwise pretty good opening.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    So I went and finished the The God Only Knows manga.

It was a nice ending. I got emotional, more than anything else because of how much I liked the anime back when it first aired five years ago, and now it's over.

Who was best girl, A&M DCC?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    You sometimes nitpick macho. I prolly wouldn't even have noticed dem hands lmao

And havent seen twgok so cant answer, pokey. Although the one with the biggest boobs obviously has the advantage kek

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    You sometimes nitpick macho. I prolly wouldn't even have noticed dem hands lmao
    Oh, this is completely unimportant. Hell, I didn't notice it when I originally and I like to think that I watched it every time when I watched the show. I like the opening, really, that just happened to catch my eye when I was watching the intro by itself.

My nitpicks aren't usually too serious- nothing that I'll really like something less for. I just enjoy the small things so I notice the small things and then I call out the small things for shits and gigs. Or constructive critique. Either way, I get some kind of kick out of it.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Good tastes, good tastes.

I was surprised by who ended up winning, but I'm also really okay with it. it fits.
    Spoiler:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Danchigai update! I know you guys didn't ask for this and you probably don't care, but I'm certainly not going to make a thread for it since I know I'm the only person watching it. Why am I even watching this show, you ask ? Well, it's not often that I get to fully experience (and subsequently analyze) something so mediocre and off-the-mark without boring myself. I'm still super neutral on this show.

So anyway, the show had its first actually funny joke. Two, actually, but I feel they were more out of luck than actual thought. The first was intended to be funny and was, but it was more of a matter of execution. The setup for the episode was that one of the characters reads a manga and realizes that she doesn't look like her sister, so they can't be twins, and they possibly aren't even related. This leads to a bit of drama and surprisingly points to something that I wondered in the first episode (since there were three hair colors in this family of siblings and two of the unique hairstyles probably weren't dyed, considering the characters in question are...like, 5).

Short story short, MC shows the twins a picture of the middle sister to prove that they're related and the two girls frown and disappointedly just say "Oh." But the reason it works is because it's not really exaggerated. There are no sulk lines on their faces and the middle sister isn't there to overreact to it, so it makes for a good chuckle because the comedy of it all is set in front of you and just briefly, rather than being pushed into you as so many things tend to think is necessary for a deprecating joke to actually be funny (anime or otherwise).

The second joke seems more unintentional. One of the twins (the one who shares no immediate hair color with others in her immediate family) goes rummaging through her mother's drawers believing that the truth behind her heritage is hidden somewhere (influenced by the manga her sister was reading) and finds lingerie, which is sensible, but then she starts finding money (lots of it), necklaces, and letters, and brands them all as hidden treasures, before the things she's found promptly collapse on her. It's likely meant to be cute, since the twins are basically just supposed to be moe characters that pull viewers in, but I found it somewhat humorous. The actual comedy of the scene is supposed to be in the next scene, where she pulls out a bag she finds that belonged to her brother. Apparently he was a Chuunibyou in his younger days and called himself Kurogami, which sparks a SAO reference, showing a Kirito clone who calls himself a "Dark Selphi Knight Double Gunblade Type 0 Love Level 99", building on a development from an earlier episode.

Overall this has definitely been the best episode yet and kind of solidified that I can't much say I don't like the characters. MC brother is surprisingly enjoyable and I noticed this from a pretty early point in the series and the twin sisters are at their best when they rely on their characters rather than their cuteness- which is a lot of where this show trips up. It relies on tropes and doesn't actually deliver on the execution of...anything, so it's not particularly good. But when it just tries to be itself I'd say it works pretty well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Is there any Popular Anime where The Male Protagonist is in love with A girl and tries to compete with a "Perfectly Hot guy" for her affection and win her heart at the end ?
    The only one I found is Naruto ! But his & Sakura's relationship didn't develop at all.
    Instate , Sakura became a bitch who still chase after Sasuke while Naruto had to gave up on her and settle with Hinata.
    Its the same with every anime ! The Hero just gives up and settle with another girl.
    But I looking for the series where the MC wins his girl !

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Is there any Popular Anime where The Male Protagonist is in love with A girl and tries to compete with a "Perfectly Hot guy" for her affection and win her heart at the end ?
    In some romantic comedies (like the Love Hina anime) I know they've introduced a seemingly perfect rival for the protagonist, but he's usually a threat for all of five minutes before being reduced to a gag character.

Frankly, I think a lot of men watching romantic anime in Japan are just as afraid of competent love rivals as they are of strong-willed or sexually experienced women. Whether this is the case or not, a lot of the medium does pander to just that kind of insecure man.

So for this kind of thing I'd be looking at shows that don't pander to men. Mmf-love triangles are much more common in Shoujo and Josei. And if one of the boys is a protagonist, heck, maybe he'll win.

Years
    Danchigai update! I know you guys didn't ask for this and you probably don't care, but I'm certainly not going to make a thread for it since I know I'm the only person watching it.

This is like super crdazy analysis of a 2 minute show that's biggest selling opint is its shortness and cuteness. Also like way too much for me to reply to.

You're not the only one watching it, though.

My biggest complaint about the show is that it's only 2 minutes. Barely any time at all for any plot whatsoever.

Also, fall season schedules are starting to come out: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...san-hai-japanese-broadcast-schedule-announced

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back