• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VelocityQ

Back from the dead!
Years
Ok, Major Update. I'm dropping all, and I mean ALL of my Mono type challenges. Good news, I'm gonna do a Electric mono for HG! :D Sign my name up for Electric!

MMundy777

Aspiring Gym Leader
Years
Electric UMC: Hoenn update!!

-Arrived at Dewford
-Met Steven
-Spanked Brawly
-Boated to Slateport
-Delivered the "Goods" :)
-Caught "Minnie" the Timid Minun
-Beat May
-Rushed towards Mauville and began training
-Evolved Electrike into Manectric

Spoiler:

VelocityQ

Back from the dead!
Years
Update:
Started a new game on HG
Named self Velo
Chose Chikorita. Named it Cutser
Got the ??? Egg
Fought Passerby Boy
Went back to Elm's lab
Oh noes! It's da fudz! I swear I wasn't selling anything illegal!
Oh. Just asking for the red haired kid's name? It was Sho
Traded over an egg from SS
Hatched it. It was a female Pichu! Named it Donna
Trained her a little bit
Got to Violet City
Went south of Violet, to the route
Caught Mareep. Named it Lumino
Went to Sprout Tower. Beat the sages up to Jin

emesprani172.gif

Donna Level 8
ThunderShock, Tail Whip, Double Team, Volt Tackle

emesprani179.gif

Lumino Level 11
Tackle, Tail Whip, ThunderShock

Years
  • Seen today
Update #3

-Beat the two trainers outside the Veilstone City gate and went through.
-Traveled down Route 214 while battling the trainers. Traveled through the Valor Lakefront and Route 213 to Pastoria City.
-Passed through the city to Route 212. Found a Dawn Stone in the marsh and evolved Scrapper into Gallade.
-Captured a Croagunk, nicknamed it Toxic Skin.
-Went back to Veilstone and challenged the gym, earned the Cobble Badge.
-Helped Dawn get her Pokedex back from the Galactic Grunts outside the Veilstone Warehouse. Got HM02, unboxed Noctowl and taught her Fly, then flew back to Pastoria.
-Boxed up Noctowl, then went to the gym. Battled my way to Crasher Wake, need to grind before challenging him.

Been meaning to do this. Here are my Pokemon and their info:

Monferno (Blaze)
Level 33
-Mach Punch
-Leer
-Flame Wheel
-Feint

Machamp (Flex)
Level 32
-Revenge
-Foresight
-Vital Throw
-Submission

Meditite (Yogi)
Level 31
-Confusion
-Force Palm
-Feint
-Calm Mind

Gallade (Scrapper)
Level 32
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Magical Leaf
-Lucky Chant

Croagunk (Toxic Skin)
Level 30
-Mud Bomb
-Faint Attack
-Revenge
-Toxic

Last edited:

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
Update 2: - Steel/Platinum -

So I'm kinda frustrated cause my bro turned off my DS and I had a lot of progress and had to do it over but here's my update

-Trained Iron (Bronzor) to a good level
-Took down Gardenia
-Saved the pokemon from Team Losers :laugh:
-Recieved a free bike
-Ran around Mt. Coronet
-Found a Nosepass, caught, nn'd Cobalt
-Evolved inside of Mt. Coronet
-Grinded
-Battled Fantasia or whatever her name is (Hearthome gym leader)
-Beat Lex (rival)

Team
Steel/Empoleon - Lvl 36
- Metal Claw
- Peck
- Brine
- Aqua Jet

Iron/Bronzor - Lvl 28
- Confusion
- Hypnosis
- Extrasensory
- Confuse Ray

Cobalt/Probopass - Impish Lvl 28
- Tackle
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Throw
- Stealth Rock

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for Final Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Water).

Previous Update.

Final Update (#8) on HeartGold!

Silence is Golden.

Spoiler:
And here's my final trainer card as well.

ultwatertc.png

Team Devin (Final):
Spr_4h_171.png

Light the Rash Lanturn, ♀ - L68 @ Magnet -> Red co-MVP
Ability: Volt Absorb
Moves: Discharge, Signal Beam, Hydro Pump, Stockpile
Final Stats: 268/96/102/158/116/117
Spr_4h_160.png

Torrent the Naughty Feraligatr, ♂ - L68 @ Mystic Water -> Johto MVP
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Waterfall, Superpower, Earthquake, Rock Climb
Final Stats: 228/194/159/123/115/143
Spr_4h_199.png

Cleopatra the Quirky Slowking, ♀ - L68 @ TwistedSpoon -> Elite Four 1 co-MVP, Kanto co-MVP, Elite Four 2 MVP
Ability: Oblivious
Moves: Surf, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Nasty Plot
Final Stats: 237/138/130/178/171/75
Spr_4h_131.png

Rider the Bashful Lapras, ♀ - L68 @ NeverMeltIce -> Kanto co-MVP, Red co-MVP
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves: Blizzard, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Ice Shard
Final Stats: 290/136/138/160/143/115
Spr_4h_099.png

Pincher the Brave Kingler, ♀ - L68 @ Mystic Water -> Elite Four 1 co-MVP
Ability: Shell Armor
Moves: Crabhammer, Dig, Return, Swords Dance
Final Stats: 176/238/199/98/87/115
Spr_4h_186_m.png

Kermit the Rash Politoed, ♂ - L68 @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Damp
Moves: Surf, Hyper Voice, Focus Blast, Rain Dance
Final Stats: 237/119/132/187/149/118

HM Slaves:
Spr_4h_083.png

Farfetch'd - Fly, Cut [boxed]

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
Years
Flying UMC Finale: The E4 Trial The Final Update In Kanto

This is gonna be a huge update, and I have divided it into 4 parts.
1. Summary of Kanto
2. The E4
3. The E4 Reprise
4. The After Party (Haha, get it? My party, after the E4? And an after party?)

PART 1: Summary Of Kanto
Spoiler:

PART 2: The E4
Spoiler:

PART 3: The E4 Reprise
Spoiler:

PART 4: The After Party
Spoiler:

And thats all for Kanto! Next Time: Johto! And remember, with Flying Types, you are always as fly as a G6!

Edit: I started HeartGold. I picked Totodile, named him Mudkipz, named my character Broseph, and named my rival TheDude. I just got pokeballs, and I'm waiting till night for a Hoot-Hoot, my REAL starter. Mudkipz will be for strength, surf, cut, and flash, providing he actually can learn those moves. That's all for my mini Johto Flying UMC update.

Last edited:
Years
Here I go...

Guess I'm gonna do this, I'll pick... Flying. Gonna start on blue. Probly won't update too often because honestly who cares? Are people gonna even read "I now am in viridian forest, caught a metapod, blah blah blah." I'll try not to be too self-indulgent. I'll just say I'm gonna start with Charmander so I can evolve him to Charizard. OK wish me luck. Or don't, if you think im an ass or something.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
I'd like to participate in the Ultimate Monotype Challenge, I'd choose the type water and will be going through the games: Red, Silver, Sapphire, Diamond Platinum and Black. :)
Also can we use Legends if they are our type? (answered)

Last edited:

Tomandgreen

The Original Copy-Cat
Years
Cazzler, you may not use legandaries, those are against the rules.
CoolTrainer, Flying type is beast, good choice indeed. Updates prove you are actually doing the challange and not lying.
I will continue my Johto tommorow for those interested in that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
I beat Wallace this morning in my Poison UMC Sapphire leg.
Tetrid III beat the Luvdisc because I was expecting Sealeo next, but Wishcash followed. Wadrus was sent out, and set up Sunny Day on Wishcash's Amnesia, and proceeded to sweep the rest of the team. The only problem was Milotic, who survived the first Solarbeam (Sunny Day FTW) and Ice Beamed poor Wadrus, sending him to around 50 HP.

I love Sunny Day+Solarbeam combos. Especially when it hampers my opponent's Water moves.

TEAM
Tetrid III the Tentacruel, level 40
Wadrus the Vileplume, Level 40
Daclus II the Crobat, Level 38
Etzik the Seviper, Level 38
Mito III the Muk, Level 38

Movesets are unchanged, so just look at my previous post.

Years
Awesome, I totally want to try this. Give me a sec...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, after much coin flipping hard thought, I've picked a Flying type challenge. I'll be doing a single challenge in Ruby on an emulator, since I don't want to restart any of my existing files. I suppose I'll post back here every once in a while with progress. Wish me luck!

Edit: Just started. I picked the female character and one of the preset names, Sara, and I picked Mudkip as my starter, though I don't think it really matters since I would have ended up boxing any of the starters anyway. After the initial events(talking to Birch, battling Brendan, getting pokedex, etc.) I went out and caught myself a Wingull. I trained it up to lvl 10 and put my Mudkip in the PC box. Here's my current team:

-Mr. P the Wingull, Lvl 10 (M)

I know it's not much, but I have to stop for the night. I have an early class tomorrow and I need to get to sleep. Later y'all.

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Bug UMC Update - Hoenn

Seems that alot of people are doing a flying mono type. weird

Update Time - Fairly long (Edit: Sorry for not adding spoilers forgot to and now I cant whoops :) )

Wattson
This fight was no where near as hard as I thought it would be. Magnemite and Voltorb were sort of hard but beat them. Now the trouble, Magneton. Well I ended up using Shedinja. The only thing he could die from was confusion. So equiping a persim berry I continue to screech x3 and fury swipe. I was pretty lucky with Shedinja only hurting himself once. Dynamo Badge obtained.

Before leaving I catch a volbeat and name him Bumblebee. Teaching rock smash to Zigzaggoon I headed north, beating the winstrate family really easily. Figting some trainers and heading through a cave I arrive to a place covered in ash. Head towards Fallabor town and receive the dig TM. Teach it to Kimmi and move on. Prof Cosmos had his meteor stolen off him and I followed Team Aqua to Mt Chimmney. There I stopped ther plan to dry up the volcano crater. Jumping down Jagged Pass I reach Laaridge town. An old woman gave me an egg but I deposited it in the Computer. Off to the Gym

Flannery
Waiting off on Fltiwicks evolution was worth it. Bubblebeam is so much stronger than bubble. While surskit is weak my newly evolved masquerain was beast. Bubblebeam OHKO both slugmas. Torkoal was hard though. Sent out kimmi to take an overheat to lower torkoals sp.attack. Flitwick the defeted torkaol after a few bubblebeams and some healing on both sides. Heat badge obtained

Meeting may outside she give me the go goggles and tells me I should challenge my dad. Training a bit in the desert and finding a claw fossil, I travel back to petalburg for a family reunion. Fighting every trainer in the gym I approach dad for my epic battle

Norman
His first slaking was hard. Using Kimmis dig to avoid his attacking turn I eventually get him down. Vigoroth took the combined efforts of Elaine and Flitwick and Bumblebee. Bumblee leveled up to level 29 and learned protect. Perfect timing! Proceding to sweep with his extremnely strong signal beam and protecting every second turn norman lose. Balance Badge obtained.

Before leaving for the next town I have a few errands to do. Firstly I go to Rustboro to revive my Claw Fossil and thus my last team member was here Unit the anorith. Training Unit on the water routes between Rustboro and Dewford and Dewford and Slaterport, I finf an abandoned ship and after soem exploring I find an Ice beam TM and tought it to Flitwick. Finally in Mauville Wattson asked me to shut down the generator in New Mauville and he gave me the thunderbolt tm for it and that was taught to Bumblebee.

Surfing east I fight some trainers and arrive at the weather station. Saving the scientists from Team Aqua I received a castform. Battled may straight afterwards, fsirly straight forward she isnt that strong. Reaching the next town to my surprise they all live in trees. Trying to get into the gym It is blocked by something Invisible. Oh well. On the next route I met that Steven guy again. He showed me that the invisible things are Kecleons and the devon scope can get rid of them. Now I can get into the gym.

Winona
Swellow was actually the hardest because of Double team, she K'oed bumblebee after he got off a thundebolt but was finished by Flitwick. She sends out pelliper and I send out Elaine. Sacrifinf elaine i revive bumblbee. One thundershock later Bumblebee got revenge. Altaria vs Flitwick. All i can say is Ice beam = Win. Skarmory was taken down by two thunderbolts form bumblebee.

Leaving fortree i travel along the long route and reached Lilycove. Deciding to check out the mysterious Mt.Pyre I find Team Aqua there. Archie stole the red orb and the old couple give me the blue orb. Hearing about something in slateport I fly there to find Team Aqua stealing a submarine. Back at Lilycove I enetr the hideout and I find a masterball, wow shame I cant use it. The grunts held me up and reaching the end of the hideout I finf admin Matt there. Elaine soloed his whole team.Defeating him slows down just too much and Archie gets away. I have to search the sea for him. For now I need to rest

Team Ciax

Elaine - Lv 35
emesprani267.gif

Gust
Mega Drain
Attract
Silver Wind

Kimmi - Lv 35
emesprani291.gif

Fury Cutter
Slash
Swords Dance
Dig

Flitwick - Lv 36
emesprani284.gif

Bubblebeam
Ice Beam
Gust
Scary Face

Bumblebee - Lv 36
emesprani313.gif

Protect
Signal Beam
Thunderbolt
Tail Glow

Unit - Lv 35
emesprani347.gif

Water Gun
Metal Claw
Harden
Rock Tomb

Ciax Out ;D

MMundy777

Aspiring Gym Leader
Years
Hey all! :) I'm here to update my Electric Challenge in Hoenn today!

I arrived in Mauville like I stated before and did some grinding on Electrike to Manectric and got Minun a little more up to speed. Watson was kinda challenging without anything to help take down his more powerful electric types. Magenton proved his biggest challenge...while Manectric wasn't easy...Magenton was simply harder. Minnie (Minun) was of little use when Voltorb decided to toy with me and let me get em down to low health before Self-Destructing.....d***....I've now begun moving north, continuously training Minnie. I don't even plan on keeping it the whole time, I just want something else in my party in case Spike faints and I can revive her :) Once I beat Flannery and Norman I plan on adding Magneton! My next update will probably be next week..Moving out of the house into an apartment and school is starting up! :D

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen today
Update #4

-Did some grinding, during which Blaze evolved into Infernape, Yogi evolved into Medicham, and Toxic Skin evolved into Toxicroak. Defeated Crasher Wake and earned the Fen Badge.
-Chased down and defeated the Galactic Grunt.
-Got the SecretPotion from Cynthia and healed the Psyduck.
-Got the Old Charm from Cynthia and traveled to Celestic Town.
-Defeated the Galactic Grunt and Cyrus. Gave the Old Charm to Cynthia's grandmother and received HM03.
-Unboxed Bibarel and taught it Surf, then went to Canalave City. Defeated Barry again and went to Iron Island.
-Traveled through the cave, meeting up with Riley along the way, and defeated the Galactic Grunts at the end. Got the Riolu egg from Riley and went to Cycling Road to hatch it. Nicknamed him Swift Claw.
-Did some more grinding. Riolu evolved into Lucario. Returned to Canalave City and defeated the Trainers and Byron, earning the Mine Badge.
-Met with Barry, Dawn, and Professor Rowan, then went to Lake Valor. Defeated the Galactic Grunts and Saturn.
-Went to Lake Verity, defeating the Grunts and Mars.
-Traveled through Mt. Coronet and Route 216 to Snowpoint City. Defeated the trainers and Candice and earned the Icicle Badge.
-Went to Lake Acuity and met up with Barry. Upon Jupiter's exit, went to Veilstone City and Team Galactic's headquarters.
-Battled my way through the warehouse and got the Galactic Key, then entered the building and made my way to Cyrus. More grinding ahead to prepare for the battle.

Current team info:

Infernape (Blaze)
Level 41
-Close Combat
-Leer
-Flame Wheel
-Feint

Machamp (Flex)
Level 41
-Revenge
-Foresight
-Vital Throw
-Cross Chop

Medicham (Yogi)
Level 41
-Confusion
-Hi Jump Kick
-Feint
-Calm Mind

Gallade (Scrapper)
Level 41
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Magical Leaf
-Lucky Chant

Croagunk (Toxic Skin)
Level 41
-Mud Bomb
-Poison Jab
-Revenge
-Toxic

Lucario (Swift Claw)
Level 41
-Force Palm
-Foresight
-Swords Dance
-Aura Sphere

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for Final Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Water).

Time for me to start the Hoenn section of my Water UMC!

Update #1 on Emerald.

Name: Devin
Starter: Mudkip

• After I got my Mudkip, I named him Torrent as usual, then beat May and got my Pokedex.
  • Caught a couple Zigzagoons, then realized that getting more wasn't worth it since Pickup got nerfed in Emerald (grrr).
  • Caught a Lotad on Route 102 named Lucy.
  • Thought about catching a Wingull, then decided to leave him for later.
  • Went through Petalburg City and the Forest, and saved before the bridge to Rustboro.

Team Devin:
Spr_3e_270.gif

Lucy the Bashful Lotad, ♀ - L12
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Astonish, Growl, Absorb, Bullet Seed
Spr_3e_258.gif

Torrent the Mild Mudkip, ♂ - L12
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Water Gun, Mud-Slap, Tackle, Growl

I'm planning on taking this all the way to Steven!

Years
Update time!

So, after training Mr. P(wingull) a bit, I went to Petalburg and talked to the Dad. I "helped" Wally catch a pokemon, and then departed the city. In Petalburg woods, I caught a Silcoon and a Tailow. Trained them up until Silcoon evolved. Then I headed further into the woods, where I ended up having to protect a Devon employee from a Magma grunt, my first encounter with the evil team.

After that, I continued out of the woods and up route 104 to Rustboro, where I got HM 01: Cut. Then I continued to the Rustboro gym. I beat Roxanne using Madame(Beautifly) and Mr. P. Nosepass's Rock Tomb took out Madame and almost took out Mr. P, which would have been devastating since my only other pokemon is Ms. S(tailow). Afterwards, I went down route 116 and chased down the other Magma Grunt and recovered the Devon parcel. Brought it back to the employee and got the Pokenav and the letter for Steven from Mr. Stone.

Then I went out and caught a Nincada and taught it Cut. Went back to the PokeCenter and saved.

Current team and trainer card:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
Bug UMC

I caught a venonat which means i have now caught all the bug pokemon available. I then grinded until i got venomoth after this i beat koga. Now for saffron city...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back