• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technician

Aerial Ace
Years
UMC: Heart Gold (Ground Types)
Update 9

Yikes, sorry guys, I went on vacation for the past week and had no internet access. But got in a lot of playing time so here's a small update. Basically, I beat all the Kanto Gyms and now I'm grinding to take on Red.

Spoiler:

I really need to find a Razor Fang to evolve Razer, agh.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for Final Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Water).

Update #3 on Emerald.

Overleveled destruction.

Spoiler:
Team Devin:
Spr_3e_271.gif

Lucy the Bashful Lombre, ♀ - L38 @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Swift Swim
Moves: Bullet Seed, Surf, Nature Power, Fake Out
Spr_3e_260.gif

Torrent the Mild Swampert, ♂ - L38 @ Soft Sand
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Surf, Rollout, Dig, Take Down

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_263.gif

Zigzagoon - Cut, Rock Smash

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Fire Monotype Challenge- Blue Version

I fired up my VisualBoy Advanced Emulator and set off from Pallet Town on my epic Fire journey! I'm planning on videoing as much as possible barring, like grinding and stuff but I'll be a good girl and A) spoiler tag the videos so they don't take up space/bandwith and B) write everything out. This first update doesn't have a whole lot to it, and I have a feeling I won't have much to say until I can catch Vulpix on Route 7. Until then, it's a solo run!

Spoiler:

To recap my rather miniscule progress:
-- A male character is given his female player's name, which is, incidentally, pronounced in a really really weird way that's confusing even to me.
-- I get two free Potions (not consecutively)
-- I get my first Fire type of the game, a Charmander, and give it the most epic name ever (TROGDOOOOR!)
-- I have a Pokemon Slapfight against Gary M. F. Oak and win
-- There is senseless slaughter of Rattatas and Pidgeys
-- Nurse Joy is kind of disturbing
-- I play pizza parcel delivery girl and get rewarded with the 90s version of Bulbapedia
-- I wish I could ignore Gary M. F. Oak's girth.

My Team:
Spoiler:

This isn't in the video but I'm confessing my sins. I also caught a Pidgey to use as an HM slave later and a Caterpie so I could make sure I had data for 10 Pokemon in the Pokedex by the time I get to Rock Cave so I can get Flash (trust me, I need it). Both are firmly in the PC and only the Pidgey will ever see the light of day again and only when I need it. I fully intend to use nothing but Fire types, just as I promised. I'm now in the rather tedious process of grinding my Charmander so I can make sure I have a Charmeleon by the time I beat Brock, because if I'm not overlevelled... this is gonna suck (I'm not very good at this game, haha)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
Game begin.

I choose the name Dia this will be used for all games. My rival is Blue
I meet up with Oak and Blue and choose Bulbasuar. Blue obviously take Charmander.

FIGHT!

Blue got in two critical hits which killed me.

After going through route 1 Bulbasuar leveled up.
I get the parcel and take it to Oak.
I fight Gary again and lose again. Those criticals suck.
On my way to Pewter for better luck there. I make it throu Viridian forest with ease.
I found a pikachu which makes me mad because i always had to grind to find one.

Now Bulbasuar is level 12 and I am entering Pewter. I beat the person in Brocks gym
easy Bulbasuar leveled up and learned vine whip. Vine whip one-shoted both of Brock's
pokemon now I move on.

Heading ti Mt. Moon Bulbasuar evolved. I now am going on with Ivysuar. Entering Mt. Moon
Ivysuar is level 18. In Mt. Moon the zubats were a bit of trouble so i had to go heal a few times,
but it was not too bad. Out of Mt. Moon Ivysuar is level 22.

In Cerulean I stop to heal and buy fifteen pokeballs. I want an Abra dangit. So I head on and OH CRAP its Blue.
I actually beat him easily this time. That is good news.

After eleven pokeballs and around fifteen minutes I caught three Abras Mystic, Sage and Psych. I now set to training them.
I evolved both Mystic and Sage into Alakazams, but I saved Psych for something else. Onward to Bill's. After helping Bill with
his predictament I headed to the real reason I am here. A badge. I beat the gym easily. They were no match for Sage and Mystic.

Onward to Vermillion city and the S.S. Anne.

Team:

Mystic Level 21 Alakazam
Sage Level 19 Alakazam
Spych Level 12 Abra

HM Slave:

Ivysuar level 28

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Fire Monotype Challenge- Blue Version- Part 2
After finally getting up to Level 14 (the level of Brock's Onix), I can move on with my life! I bought some items offscreen (three Pokeballs, some Antidotes, and some Potions)
Spoiler:

To recap:
-- I go down to the beginning of Victory Road and defeat Gary M. F. Oak and his smiley face potato
-- I forget where I'm going several times
-- I finally make it into the Viridian Forest, leaving a trail of charred bugs in my wake
-- I find two more Potions and an Antidote
-- I can play my emulator while talking on the phone 'cause I'm skizz-illed
-- I manage to get Trogdor up to level 16 and he evolves into Charmeleon while I sing the Trogdor the Burninator theme song
Spoiler:

I know I'm making really short, lame, uneventful updates, but I'm trying to make up for it by making them fairly frequent.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
I head through the house with the guard and man it got trashed big time.
Heading out the back there is a seemingly innocent... it's the thief.
He is easily taken down so I move towards Vermillion. I decide to first go
through Diglett cave.

I go to the house below the north entrance and trade Psych for Marcel the level
twelve Mr. Mime. I then go to catch a Drowzee in the route right of Vermillion.
I used only one ball and caught Comatose the level 12 Drowzee.

In the route above Vermillion I grinded Comatose and Marcel to level 25.
Then I decided to go to Diglett cave and train Sage and Mystic. I leveled them
both to level thirty. Now it is S.S. Anne time baby.

On the S.S. Anne I took out the first floor with Marcel. The second floor and
deck were beat with Comotose who then evolved into a Hypno. Now it's time for
a rival battle. Mystic completely whiped out his party so I went to see the captain.
Here I obtained the first HM Cut. I beat Surge's lackies and now move on to the real
challenge... the switches. I find the first switch at literally the last one checked
I did however manage to get the second on then so i was happy.

Now Surge. After the battle i honestly think i grinded too much. Nothing can stop me
right now. I grab the bike voucher and head back to Cerulean. I now have a bike.

I go through the route to get to rock tunnel and find that my pokemon are ddrastically
overpowered. Time to see if rock tunnel will give a bigger challenge. Rock tunnel was
no problem like everything else so far. I didn't need flash and swept through all the
trainers.

Upon entering Lavender Town I see a tower like place in a mountain. I decided to check
it out after a stop to the pokecenter. The place seems to be a cemetary of sorts. Any
guesses to what person may be inside? If you guessed Chuck Norris you're wrong. It was
Blue. Well after beating him again I head to my next gym to the west.

After reaching Celadon City I decide to go stop for a gamble. I notice a shifty guy
staring at a poster. I beat him badly so I can take a peek and behold a button. Like
anyone I decide to press it and a set of stairs appeared. This led to the underground
group Team Rocket's lair. I went in there, took their stuff, and then kicked their leader
Giovanni's butt. Then I head to the gym because I heard it was full of the ladies.

At the gym there is an old pervert staring in there completely ignoring him I walk in so
I can have a piece of the gym leader. This was just a battle for the badge I assure you
I meant nothing else by that last sentance. Anyway I kick their butts for using mainly
grass-poison type pokemon and colect my badge. I also grab me a water at the mall in town.
Next stop Lavender Town.

I decided to go through Saffron this time around and the guard stole my water. I got through
so whatever I will talk to you next in front of the Ghost Tower thing. Upon going through the
Pokemon Tower I ecounter the most hilarious sprites of the game, meet the wierdest trainers, and
help A spirit move on. That is wierd even by this game's standards. Oh well now for my reward.
A Poke flute what the heck is this. I wanted cash. I just went through all that for a stupid flute.
AHHHHHH!!!

Actually this is usefull to me I can now grab one more addition to my party. Upon going south from
Lavender town you will encounter a pokemon blocking the way. I'll let you guess how to get pass this.
Anyways I head further south and grab the super rod. Then I go west from where the pokemon was which
brings us to Vermillion City. I grab a spearow on the way so I can use fly when I grab it here soon.
I head back to Cerulean and the north entrance to Rock Tunnel to grab a new addition. Now I start
fishing with the super rod.

The second bite is what I was hoping for. I now add Dopey the Slowpoke to my party. I start training
him where I trained Comatose and Marcel earlier above Vermillion. I trained Dopey to level thirty-seven
Where he veolved into a Slowbro. Now onwards to get fly and tackle Cycling Road,Fuschia City, and the Safari Zone.

Team:

Mystic level 42 Alakazam
Sage level 38 Alakazam
Comatose level 32 Hypno
Marcel level 32 Mr. Mime
Dopey level 37 Slowbro

HM Slaves:
Ivysuar level 28
Spearow level not sure :)

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Fire Monotype Challenge- Blue Version- Part 3

I got three videos done today, so there's three updates in one!
Spoiler:

To recap:
-- I stock up on Potions
-- I fight the random Ground trainer in the Rock gym and manage an easy victory that sadly involved scorching one of the world's cutest Pokemon
-- Trogdor miraculously defeats Brock while taking only one hit! I love being overlevelled! Also, he never used Rock Throw, which I'm sure has something to do with my glorious and unexpectedly easy victory.
-- I fight some trainers on Route Three, including the prototype of the infamous Youngster Joey and his top percentage Rattata
-- I go on the hunt for an HM slave to use Flash for me later on and catch a Jigglypuff for that purpose. It ends up in the Box, of course
-- I start my journey in Mount Moon, fight a bunch of Trainers including two fellow Rockets, and collect some Items.
-- I teach Trogdor Mega Punch so he can do a little more damage to Misty than Scratch or Ember would. It's probably going to be forgotten later on.
-- I HATE ZUBAT SO MUCH. SOOOO MUCH. YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND. I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
Sorry for these fast updates I can't stop playing.

On my way to Fuschia I stop to pick up HM02 Fly. This will become usefull later. Now through Cycling Road.
Upon my arrival in Fuschia my first stop is the Safari Zone. I know my way around so I will not be in here
but once thankfully. I get the prize and actually add another pokemon to my party ESP the Exeggcute. I decide
to take him to my training ground for this part of the game (if you don't know where just go back and check).
He got to level thirty-five.

I then went to Celadon and picked up a leaf stone to evolve him (Which should have been done earlier). I then
went to claim my badge from one of the easiest gyms in the game. Like all gyms so far this was a piece of cake.
I collected my badge now one more thing to pick up. I go to get strength and guess what I forgot in the Safari
Zone. I guess I will be making another trip to it. So I get the teeth take it back and now I have strength. I
go to loot the guy and behind this boulder is... A rare candy. Does no one keep good stuff safe or do they just
hide it where you can't get it.

Now to anyone wondering, which should be none of you, I am going to do something in Saffron City. First off is this
big old office building. Apparently this is Silph Co. which I totally neglected to talk about. I'll be honest I do
not know my way around this place. After a good five minutes I find the card key. Bingo the the Car Key opened the
door. Now I know my way. I make it to the infirmary and heal up. It is pretty linear from hear so now I go to defeat
team rocket and... Blue. He is sitting here waiting, nut he can't do a thing about Rocket. Lazy saxk of crap. Anywho
I beat him and continue on my quest to kick butt. I go and guess who is here. Nope not Chuck Norris, it is Giovanni.
I kick the crap out of him and now I have Master Ball as a reward. I am happy one person in this game can give a
freaking reward.

Now I will do the gym. There seem to be two of them I choose... the left. Right choice, it is a fighting gym.
AHHHH!!! I didn't even get a badge that was a waste. All I got was a stupid pokemon I can't even use. To the
gym on the right I guess. Great a psychic gym. Oh well.

This was still an easy gym but much harder then the previous no doubt. I beat Sabrina and was left wondering
why is there a Venomoth in her party? Oh Well.

Next time we will tackle the rest of the game. This is to short of a game, but it is still my favorite region.

Team:

Mystic level 46 Alakazam
Sage level 41 Alakazam
Comatose level 40 Hypno
Dopey level 40 Slowbro
Marcel level 40 Mr. Mime
ESP level 39 Exeggutor

HM Slaves:

Ivysuar level 28
Spearow level Still haven't checked.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

Update #3 on Emerald.

Welcome to the team!

Spoiler:
Team Devin:
Spr_3e_279.gif

Seabreeze the Quirky Pelipper, ♀ - L40 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Surf, Supersonic, Wing Attack, Quick Attack
Spr_3e_260.gif

Torrent the Mild Swampert, ♂ - L40
Moves: Surf, Rollout, Dig, Strength
Spr_3e_271.gif

Lucy the Bashful Lombre, ♀ - L41
Spr_3e_073.gif

Kraken the Gentle Tentacruel, ♀ - L41
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Surf, Wrap, Sludge Bomb, Barrier

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_264.gif

Linoone - Cut, Rock Smash, Strength

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
I fly over to Viridian City so I can swap Sprarow out.
Now I head south to Pallet Tiwn and later Cinnibar
Island.

Ti Cinnibar it was a nice little surf. Now for the
gymmm. It's locked really. Yay side quest. So I go to
the mansion and search it out because of a key. After
messing around with the hidden switches I find the key
and get out of there now it's gym time.

So for this gym you could avoid all of the trainers, or
you could take my approach and talk to them fighting
everyone. So another easy gym now it is time for the last
gym. You may even say the first though since it is the first
one you see. To Viridian.'

This is one of the funnest gyms in the game. We are using the
slider tiles again. So here it begins the final gym. The final
gym leader is... Giovanni. Did I not already beat him into
submission multiple times. Oh well. An easy fight I assure you.

Well onto the finals. The Pokemon League. First I must clear
Victory Road. Just like at the beginning of the game guess
who shows up. That's right one final fight with Blue. This time
he actually pu up a fight. So now only two things left.

Begin!

I made it through the check point after a thorough search.
Then I went through Victory Road no problem. Now here lies
the true test the Elite Four.

Lorelie took out ESP but still was a pretty easy win. Now
I face Bruno. Sage took out all of Bruno's pokemon in one
hit. Now the third member Agatha. Agatha's poison pokemon
were easily taken down. Now here is the man I presume is
the Champion. Lance the dragon user with an epic name and
an epic room.

BLUE!!!! He got here before me. Time to take him out.
Anyways Lance was a challlenge. He took out four of
my pokemon and was a tough one to beat. Well to the
Champion. Blue was easier then Lance actually. I beat
him with ease compared to what I faced before him.

NOW I AM THE RULER!!!

Final Team:

Sage level 49 Alakazam
Comatose level 41 Hypno
Dopey level 40 Slowbro
Marcel level 40 Mr. Mime
ESP level 40 Exeggutor

Favorite and Best:

Mystic level 55 Alakazam

Now onwards to the Johto region in the form of Silver.

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
I'm back to PC from a (massive) break. I'll be starting a Rock mono toooo so sign me up.
Games: Red -- Silver -- Emerald -- Platinum -- Black
BTW: I will be hacking in a starter, rock types come too far into the game for meeeee.

Spoiler:

After a short while playing the easiest Pokemon game in the world I have reached the end of Kanto :O
Final Party:
Spr_1b_076.png

Golem Lv.52
Aaron
Moves:
- Rock Slide
- Dig
- Explosion
- Counter

Spr_1b_141.png

Kabutops Lv. 58
Hedge
Moves
- Surf
- Slash
- Cut
- Hydro Pump

Spr_1b_095.png

Onix Lv.52
Haldr
Moves:
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Slam
- Rock Throw

Off to Johto in the form of Silver I guess :x
Thank god for fast-forward.

Last edited:

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Fire Monotype Challenge- Blue Version- Part 4

Several people who started around the same time I did already beat their Kanto games. Man, I'm slow D: I've got classes and homework and other college-type things in my way, I'm sorry!
Also, this update took me literally the entire day, and most of it was grinding. Lots and lots of grinding. And when I look back on it, a good chunk of it was totally unnecessary. Which is just fantastic.

Spoiler:

To recap:
-- I really, really hate Zubats
-- I make it through the rest of Mt. Moon and foil Team Rocket's plans (sorry, guys D: )
-- I get a fossil of my very own to... put into the PC and never look at again.
-- This isn't in the video, but once I hit Cerulean, I hung out in the tall grass and caught a Spearow and a Rattata to promptly release, just because I wanted to up my Pokedex count enough to get Flash.
-- I also captured a Sandshrew which is living in my PC waiting to be taught Cut and Strength, and evolved my Flash-slave Jigglypuff into a Flash-slave Wigglytuff, just because.
-- I headed back into the Cerulean Gym and took down Misty's friends with relative ease, and OHKO'd Misty's Staryu thanks to a glorious critical hit... before Starmie's Bubblebeam finally did me in.
-- Several more tries, and more of the same. No problems with the two trainers or Staryu, but Starmie kept destroying me.
-- Finally, I headed back into the tall grass to grind for a few hours. And a few more hours. And even a few more hours. It was agonizing, even with that Rare Candy I found in Mount Moon. I could totally have used Gary and the kids on Nugget Bridge, but I didn't think of it until afterwards. Oops.
-- FINALLY, I caught a break from Misty and got my Cascadebadge thanks to my grossly overlevelled Charmeleon.
-- I moved onto the Nugget Bridge and beat the trainers there before being assailed by a very persistent Rocket. Look, dude, I'd LOVE to join up, but the game won't let me so get out of my way. Thanks for the Nugget, though! :D

Spoiler:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

Update #4 on Emerald.

The 64th time is the charm.

Spoiler:
Team Devin:
Spr_3e_349.gif

Nessie the Modest Feebas, ♀ - L31 @ Exp. Share
Moves: Surf, Tackle, Ice Beam, Splash
Spr_3e_073.gif

Kraken the Gentle Tentacruel, ♀ - L43
Moves: Surf, Facade, Sludge Bomb, Barrier
Spr_3e_279.gif

Seabreeze the Quirky Pelipper, ♀ - L43 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Fly, Supersonic, Surf, Quick Attack
Spr_3e_271.gif

Lucy the Bashful Lombre, ♀ - L43
Spr_3e_260.gif

Torrent the Mild Swampert, ♂ - L44
Moves: Surf, Rollout, Dig, Strength

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_264.gif

Linoone - Cut, Rock Smash, Strength

Last edited:

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
Update, wewt.
Not much to it really, I took a Totodile from the over-generous Prof. Elm and continued on until I could finally catch my Geodude. I ground him up to level against annoying little Weedles and Pidgeys until he finally learned Rock throw. After crushing the first gym, I headed out to my next stop.
Team:
Spr_2s_074.png

Geodude Lv.12
Aaron
Moves:
- Tackle
- Defense Curl
- Rock Throw

Oh, and Cali:
esqg79.png

JUSTICE

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Final Bug Umc Upadte Hoenn

Cant be botered writing it all out but beat the Elite four in the bug UMC
-Beat Tate and Liza
-Beat Kyogre
-Beat Wallace
-Got through Victory Road
-Did some massive gridning
-Beat the Elite Four
Sidney
His team was used to train my bugs on. Most of them were 2HKOed by Elaines Silver wind pr 1HKOed buy Bumblebees signal beam.
Phoboe
I swear they dilibertaely made phoboe annying. 2 banneetes with spite and two dusclops with pressure. She was made to deplete pp. Beat her without much damage but lots of pp gone.
Glacia
Pretty much beaten just with Units metal claw and Ancient power
Drake
Flitwick stood out so much here. So glad I caught a surskit. Ice beam was 4x effective against 4 of his pokemon. Game set match
-Beat Steven with some ninjask swords dance/baton pass onto Armaldo combo
Steven
First time i battled him his metagross walled me. It OHKOed Armaldo, the only pokemon with a SE move.
Strategy Time
After healing through his claydols ancient power I the only attacking move left was Earthquake. Send out Ninjask. 3 swords dances and a baton pass later and Unit OHKOs every one on his team including Metagross.
Took a photo on my phone.

Photo0161.jpg

Team Ciax
Unit - Lv 58
emesprani348.gif

Ancient Power
Earthquake
Brick Break
Slash

Flitwick - Lv 55
emesprani284.gif

Shadow Ball
Ice Beam
Bubblebeam
Silver Wind

Bumblebee - Lv 55
emesprani313.gif

Signal Beam
Thunderbolt
Tail Glow
Double Edge

Elaine - Lv 55
emesprani267.gif

Giga Drain
Silver Wind
Stun Spore
Psychic

Kimmi - Lv 55
emesprani291.gif

Slash
Dig
Baton Pass
Swords Dance

Next on to Sinnoh, not looking forward to Roark with just Kricketune. In fact not looking forward to training Kricketot seeing as his only attacking move is bide :( Or I might start Heart Gold on my Water UMC not sure yet...

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
Johto Update #2

Soo, I went on to trade a Bellsprout for ROCKY the Onix. ROCKY was a real pain until I finally got my next badge, it wouldn't listen to me at all ><
I managed to beat my rival (Zeffy >:D), even though I had to grind and get lucky when his Bayleef used Poison powder instead of Razor Leafing me.
Team:
Spr_2s_074.png

Geodude Lv.21
Aaron
Moves:
- Selfdestruct
- Rock Throw
- Mud Slap
- Magnitude

Spr_2s_095.png

Onix Lv.24
ROCKY
Moves:
- Tackle
- Harden
- Screech
- Rock Throw

On to the next part of my over-leveled Johto rampage.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
So to start Silver I choose my starter as Cyndaquil.
Well Elm sends me on an errand and for my reward I
get a pokemon. Worth the work. So I go to Mr. Pokemon's
house to collect something. Here I see a familiar face.
It is Proffessor Oak. Wait, Elm, Oak these are just trees.
Way to be creative game. So now back to Elm's lab.
I now make my way over to Violet City. I go to the Bellsprout
Tower and head to the top. Here I obtain flash and see,
but don't fight, Silver.

Now I head to the gym. It is easily defeated with Quilava
who evolved in the Bellsprout Tower. I get a call from Elm,
collect the egg from his aid, and now head on. While on my
way to the next town I realize that I could get a new member.
So I head to the ruins and solve a puzzle to collect unknown.
I now add Agent K, the level five Unknown, to my party.

After training K I go to Azalea Town. I go to that ballmaking
guy, and he just runs to the well. I head over there and
guess what favorite evil group is here. Team rocket.

I grab to Slowpokes, Dopey and King. Now for the gym.
After training I head for the gym. Bugsy was an easy
one to beat. This is actuall quite surprising being
a bug leader.

Upon leaving town to move on I am confronted by Silver for
a battle. This was an easy win. so now I move onwards to
Goldenrod. I go to the forest and could not get through without
cut. There was some hopeless loser here who needed help.
After helping him I am given cut as my reward. How conveniant.
So I gothrough the forest and come out go a little ways and here
it is Goldenrod City. I go to the route below and catch Comatose.
If you were reading this from Kanto you should know who this is.
I also stopped by the casino to buy an Abra who I named Mystic.
I started training my team and evolved Mystic to an Alakazam.

Now gym time. The gym was a little bit of training. Still like
all other gyms was a little too easy. So now I continue to my next
victim... I mean gym. Before I head over there I decide to train
at the park. I now make my way to Ecruteak City. This gym has one
of my favorite leaders in the series. That will be one of the
easiest gyms in the game for this runthrough.

After the gym I decided to go to the Eevee house. It was
actually quite a bit of trouble. It was tougher than the gym was.
After having fun with the Eevee sisters I went to the tower
and surprise, surprise Silver was there. I beat him easily.
Than I continued on. As far as I remember there was nothing else
to do in the tower right now.

I continued on and guess whoo talks to you at the next city.
Silver was here and he said the leader was in the lighthouse
right now. I head up to see what the problem is and apparently
her Amparos was sick. I now head over to Cianwood City to pick
up meds and a badge. Before I leave I make sure to pick up strength
in the building next to the Pokecenter. At Cianwood I pick up the
meds then beat the gym and talk to the woman outside for fly.

I now fly to Azalea to pick up something. I hesd to the well.
push the boulder, and go collect a kings rock. Now to evolve
King. I evolve King into a Slowking. You see what I did there?
I then fly back to Olivine to give Jasmine the stuff. She cures
Amphy and heads back to the gym. Now for badge number six baby.
This was actually a rather tough gym. The Magnetites paralyzed
which made it rather troublesome. Oh well I still won and have the
badge to prove it.

I then walk and surf over to Mahagony Town and then the Lake of
Rage. Everyone knows whats here so after that I go with Lance to
take out the Rocket Base in Mahagony. I take it out and determine
that they have the worst passwords ever. So after that is done I
head to the gym and fight that battle. This was ann easy gym. So
I head out of there and I get a call from Elm. He says something
about a rocket in the radio tower going off. It sounded sweet so
I decided to check it out. Apparently I misunderstood what was
said because it was actually Team Rocket in the radio tower. So
I wipe them out and apparently the radio director is underground.
I head down there and destroy those guys.

I hate this puzzle!!! After around ten minutes I get the puzzle.
It was do simple too. Now off to the races. I save the Director
of the radio tower and get the card key. I then beat the rocket
leader in the radio tower. Now to get the final Johto badge.
Foreshadow alert. I head through the Ice Cave and am ready for the
final gym.

After my first step inside I forgot how well this gym was made. All
the gyms in this game are just amazing. Well I beat Clair now for my
badge... Okay I thought the rules were if I won you gave me a badge.
Anyways what is happening is I have to go get a dragon fang from a
Dragon's din. Am I the only one who thinks it is dangerous going into
a DRAGON'S den. I go in there anyways get the fang and am met by Clair
and she gave me the badge.

After getting out of there and recieving cell service Elm calls me
telling me to go to his lab. It is on my way to the Elite Four so I go.
He gave me the master ball which is of no use in a monotype run. Still
this is a good reward. Now to the Elite Four. Actually from now on I will
call them by the translation. They will now be the Four Heavenly Kings
like they are known in Japan. So off I go.

I make it to Victory Road easily. It is wierd in here. It looks like Kanto's
(It is) but no one is in here. Right as I exit it guess who shows up. If you
guessed Blue you're wrong silly that was last game. It was Silver.

The first of the Heavenly Kings is Will the Psychic user. Copycat. The next
King is Koga??? That is right the poison gym leader is now one of the Four
Heavenly Kings. If you do not know what type he uses you are pathetic. Next
is the only remaining King, Bruno. His team is mainly unchanged, exept he has
one less Onix and now has a Hitmontop. The fourth and final King is Karen, the
dark user. Now it is time for the Champion. Any guesses? No? It is Lance the
Dragon user and the Fourth King from the original games. So I finished it?
Actually that was only the beginning.

I can now travel to Kanto and fight enemies there and try for those badges.
Which I am doing. off to Olivine and then Kanto.

Team:

Mystic level 49 Alakazam
Dopey level 41 Slowbro
Comatose level 33 Hypno
King level 33 Slowking
Agent K level 31 Unkown K

HM Slaves:

Quilava
Hoothoot

Last edited:

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
Years
Fire Monotype Challenge- Blue Version- Part 5

Spoiler:

To recap:
-- I beat the trainers on Route 25
-- Trogdor learns Slash
-- I teach Trogdor Seismic Toss to get rid of Rage because I'm not overly fond of not being able to use any other attacks or Items when I accidentally click the wrong attack
-- I help Bill out of his Pokemon suit and get an idea for an RP
-- I take a sneak peek at one of my future Pokemon friends
-- I beat up another fellow Rocket and steal his stolen TM
-- I fight the Trainers on Route 6 and Trogdor gets Poisoned. Since I have no Antidotes, the poor thing just has to deal with it for quite a while. He pulls through to get to the Pokemon Center, though!
-- I listen to a senile old man (there seem to be a lot of them around Kanto) ramble about his Rapidash and get a Bike Voucher out of it
-- I head into the SS Anne and break into several cabins to pick fights
-- Trogdor evolves into Charizard! :D Nothing can stop me now!
-- I give Gary M. F. Oak yet another wuppin'
-- I find the seasick captain and give him a back rub, which is EXTREMELY awkward, and get Cut out of it
-- The SS Anne sails off to its inevitable doom

Spoiler:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

Update #5 on Emerald.

Beauty is Power.

Spoiler:
Team Devin:
Spr_3e_350.gif

Nessie the Modest Milotic, ♀ - L44 @ Amulet Coin
Ability: Marvel Scale
Moves: Surf, Twister, Ice Beam, Rain Dance
Spr_3e_073.gif

Kraken the Gentle Tentacruel, ♀ - L45
Moves: Surf, Facade, Sludge Bomb, Barrier