• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkfire0

Merry Christmas From Blue
Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2014
    Hey I would like to do this kind of thing with the Normal type. Ill start with my pokemon leaf green.

pkfire0

Merry Christmas From Blue
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2014
    Ok so I started my adventure on leaf green. I named my trainer Blue. I got a squirtle from the prof. Im not using it. I got the package from the mart guy. Then i got pokeballs from oak. I ran in the grass for a little while, and found my first pokemon a level 4 Rattata. I named it Queso. It was a quirky nature. I leveled it up to 7 it learned quick attack. I went to the forest. It got to lvl 11. I back tracked to the 2nd rival battle. I owned him with quick attack. Next time I will be at level 13 and have hyper fang. and be battling Brock.

Edit: I had a hell of a time battling brock. Queso used 10 Hyper Fangs against geodude. Then onix came. I used 5 hyper Fangs and it got to half of its hp. I had no pp for hyper fang. I had to use quick attack. I used 20 quick attacks and onix finaly went down. Queso grew to level 14 and i left the gym. I healed, then went west of pewter to get to the next place. I battled all the trainers on the next route. Queso was level 16 now. I went to the grass to find my next team member. I spend 35 minutes trying to find a jigglypuff. i found one at level 5. It had a Mild nature. I named it Puff Daddy because it was a male. I battled that lass with the lvl 14 jigglypuff and my Jigglypuff grew to level 6, still no pound :( . Queso also grew to level 18 yes 18. I saved my game before mount moon.

ALOT Was done an this update

I ventured into mount moon. I battled al the trainers and after that Puff Daddy grew to level 14. I then went to where team rocket was. I found a moon stone. Jiggly is not going to evolve till 34. I beat all the rocket grunts. I saw a scientist. I battled him. I won. Jiggly was level 15. I got a fossil. I taught jiggly mega punch YESS. I went to nugget bridge. I beat all the people including the rocket grunt. Jiggly was 20 and Queso was 22 he had also evolved. I got to bill and saved.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Now, for my final Normal UMC update on platinum

Spoiler:

My Final Team

Virus/Porygon-Z
    Level 59

-Tri Attack
    -Discharge
    -Recover
    -Signal Beam

He was good at first, but he was useless during the E4. Fun to use him though.

Beaver/Bibarel
    Level 60

-Waterfall
    -Surf
    -Superpower
    -Rollout

I was sketchy about using her, but she proved useful at some points.

Lickster/Lickilicky
    Level 63

-Gyro Ball
    -Power Whip
    -Earthquake
    -Stomp

He didn't prove that he was very good, but he was useful for learning moves that none of the others could.

Falcon/Staraptor
    Level 63

-Brave Bird
    -Close Combat
    -Steel Wing
    -Aerial Ace

The most useful out of any of the pokes i had. got me out of a lot of sticky situations, especially with the E4.

That took a while. Finally done with this one. Now i can set my focus on my dark UMC.. not now though. maybe tomorrow i will continue in hoenn.. or tonight.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Update #5 on White.
    • Elite Four time!
    • Caitlin: Soloed by Nazgul with Work Up + Crunch, thanks to Reuniclus missing with Focus Blast.
    • Shauntal: Nazgul beat Cofagrigus with Crunch, then fell to Golurk. Scarlet took down the rest with Crunch.
    • Grimsley: Nazgul beat Scraft with 2 Dragon Pulses, then fell to Krookodile. Axeman came in and beat the rest with Brick Break.
    • Marshall: The toughest fight here, as usual. Scarlet and Axeman each beat 2 foes after Nazgul went down.
    • After catching Zekrom, I took on N and Ghetsis.
    • N: Nazgul took care of Reshiram with Dragon Pulse, then fell to Vanilluxe. Axeman then swept the rest away with Brick Break and Dragon Claw.
    • Ghetsis: Nazgul beat Cofagrigus, then Hydregion took down both Nazgul and Scarlet with Dragon Pulse. Axeman was able to step in again sweep the rest away with Brick Break and Dragon Claw! Axeman was a total boss in the last two fights.
    Screens:
    Spoiler:

Team Lance:

Nazgul the Rash Zweilous, ♂ - L54 @ Lucky Egg
    Ability: Hustle
    Moves: Crunch, Body Slam, Dragon Pulse, Work Up

Scarlet the Relaxed Druddigon, ♀ - L55 @ Amulet Coin
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Crunch, Hone Claws

Axeman the Naughty Haxorus, ♂ - L59 @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Moves: Dragon Claw, X-Scissor, Brick Break, Dragon Dance

Slaves:

Pansear - Cut, Dig

Woobat - Fly, Flash

Titouga - Strength, Surf, Waterfall

rave of shaggy

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Grass Single Game Challenge [Pokemon Red]

updates

Grass Single Game Monotype Challenge
    Game: Pokemon Red

rival battle #1
    Spoiler:

---------------------------------------
    Spoiler:

rival battle #2
    --------------------------------------
    Spoiler:

vs. brock
    Spoiler:

rival battle #3
    ------------------------------------
    Spoiler:

vs. misty
    Spoiler:

rival battle #4[
    Spoiler:

vs. LT. surge
    ----------------------------------------
    Spoiler:

rival battle #5
    -----------------------------------
    Spoiler:

giovanni battle #1
    -----------------------------
    Spoiler:

vs. koga
    Spoiler:

rival battle #6
    ---------------------------------------
    Spoiler:

giovanni battle #2
    Spoiler:

vs. erika
    -------------------------------
    Spoiler:

vs. blaine
    Spoiler:

vs. sabrina
    -------------------------------------
    Spoiler:

vs. giovanni
    Spoiler:

rival battle #7
    Spoiler:

vs. Elite Four Lorelei
    Spoiler:

vs. Elite Four Bruno
    Spoiler:

vs. Elite Four Agatha
    Spoiler:

vs. Elite Four Lance
    Spoiler:

vs. Elite Four Champion Blue / Hall of Fame

Grass Single Game Monotype Challenge Complete :)

---------------------------------------------
    sign me up for the Fire Single Monotype Challenge [Pokemon Gold]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    UMC Fighting- Johto

I got an update!

OK, so i went through the goldenrod tower, and stuff like that. the game got really easy until i got to blackthorn gym. even with carla's icy wind, i wasnt doing much damage to the dragons. i managed to pull through ok. then, i caught a magikarp to be a whirlpool/waterfall slave and leveled him up some. so, when he got to gyarados, i taught him the hm's mentioned above and went through the dragon's den. then, when i got the badge, i went on through the western kanto and got to the league. then, this wrinkly old man's abra teled me back home. so, i went to mt. mortar to get me a tyrouge. i evolved the tyrouge to hitmonlee. his attack went from like 25 to 59! 59! i am currently at the daycare center trying to think of a way to level up my pokemon cuz they are in desperate need of leveling. plz, give me ideas on not only how to level up my pokemon, but also how to get more money, cuz kicky (hitmonlee) and my ditto are trapped in the daycare and i hav almost NO money. i ran into a problem like this in leaf green, remember? please, i need help. this is my team. im gonna start putting the items that are on my pokemon in the list.

Party:

Po (Heracross) Lv. 41 Male
    @ Quick Claw
    Rock Smash
    Cut
    Take Down
    Fury Cutter

Carla (Poliwrath) Lv. 46 Female
    None
    Icy Wind
    Hypnosis
    Surf
    Submission

Gyarados Lv. 20 Female
    None
    Waterfall
    Tackle
    Bite
    Whirlpool

Muscle (Machoke) Lv. 45 Female
    None
    Strength
    Cross Chop
    Focus Energy
    Karate Chop

Daycare:

Kicky (Hitmonlee)
    Grown by 3 levels

Ditto
    Grown by 7 levels

PC:

Togepi Egg
    Cutter (Chikorita) Lv. 12
    Dratini Lv. 15
    Odd Egg
    Pidgeotto Lv. 16
    Tyrouge Egg x2

Again, if you want to, leave me some tips on movesets, etc. And someone, PLEASE tell me how I can fix my money and levels problem.

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
    Years
  • Ok so I havn't been able get on my computer much the past two days so I havn't gotten any further until today lol... Anyways since there are no Electric Pokemon in Ruby until after Slateport City I hacked in a lvl 2 Elekid, and then played through the start of the game like normal (May, Pokedex, Wally with Ralts, etc etc) until it got to the part where you have to fight the first gym leader, when I got there I had to spend about an hour (with the speed button) grinding so my little Elekid could finaly be strong enough to defeat the Gym Leader (having type disadvantage at the very very beggining of games suck especially when you can only use one pokemon lol xP)

[URL=https://img560.imageshack.us/i/pokmonruby03.png/]Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread
    [/URL]

TheWeirdBadger

Ice Type Gym Leader
    Years
  • Grass Monotype Ultimate Challenge Update

Ultimate Monotype Challenge
    Type: Grass
    Game: Emerald
    Badges: 2

Update:
    Spoiler:

Current Team:

Forrest Lv 20 (Grovyle M) @Miracle Seed
    Pursuit
    Fury Cutter
    Absorb
    Quick Attack

Bree Lv 20 (Shroomish F) @Silk Scarf
    Mega Drain
    Tackle
    Stun Spore
    Leech Seed

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Note: I am still not showing up under the challengers listing[/S-HIGHLIGHT] :paranoid:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Update for Ultimate Monotype Challenge (Dragon).

Hey rave of shaggy, you should prolly put those videos in spoilers, otherwise it stretches the post to infinity, lol.

Here's my next update.

Update #6 on White.
    • Postgame start!
    • First I went over to White Forest immediately to see what Pokemon were available.
    • As luck would have it, Trapinch was in the area. Caught one and named her Dragonfly.
    • Then I went over to the Dragonspiral Tower, where I fished up Draco the Dratini.
    • Finally, I surfed over the P2 Labaratory, where I fished up Poseidon the Kingdra. This took forever, since it's only a 5% chance in the rippling water.
    • Anyway, I was then able to EV train them all. The Abyssal Ruins helped with getting money for vitamins.
    • Draco evolved into Dragonair and then Dragonite after reaching L55 as a Dratini (for Outrage).

• Now I was finally able to start battling trainers in earnest. I gave Dragonfly the Lucky Egg.
    • Dreagonfly soon evolved into Vibrava and then into Flygon!

• Right now I am saved on Route 13.

Team Lance:

Dragonfly the Gentle Flygon, ♀ - L55 @ Lucky Egg
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Crunch, Earthquake, Strength

Scarlet the Relaxed Druddigon, ♀ - L58 @ Dragon Fang
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Crunch, Rock Slide

Poseidon the Docile Kingdra, ♂ - L59 @ Mystic Water
    Ability: Sniper
    Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Dive

Nazgul the Rash Zweilous, ♂ - L60 @ BlackGlasses
    Ability: Hustle
    Moves: Crunch, Body Slam, Dragon Pulse, Work Up

Axeman the Naughty Haxorus, ♂ - L60 @ Soft Sand
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Brick Break, Dragon Dance

Draco the Lonely Dragonite, ♂ - L60 @ Sky Plate
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moves: Outrage, Fly, Waterfall, Dragon Dance

Slaves:

Woobat - Fly, Flash [boxed]

Years
  • You know, I've been looking forward to something fun to do. I'll join in the challenge (and hopefully get around to completing it unlike my poison monotype run in HG *shudders*).

I'll use Pokemon Fire Red version cause I just like the updated visuals and music. And I shall choose the grass type to use. Ooh that'll be fun.

Edit: Okay, without any sort of approval, I've started my challenge and already made great progress.
    I, my trainer being Blitz, just jump right into the game. I go through the whole rigmarole of Prof. Oak leading me to the lab. Bulbasaur is my starter (No duh, this being a grass monotype challenge). As fate would have it, Gary chooses Charmander (;.;). I try to leave, first battle commences and I win.

Then I go through Route 1 to Viridian and on my way there Bulbasaur reaches level 7 and learns Leech Seed, which comes in handy later. I go to the Pokemart and back to Pallet to deliver Oak's package. I then go grinding and Bulbasaur learns Vine Whip. Sure enough I commence my second battle with my rival, who is named Landon by the way. I defeat him, though not without trouble. He has a Rattata that I Leech Seed and I just drain it while Tackling to keep my health consistent. Then his Charmander comes out. I manage to just brush the edge of a loss here because of the free potion out of the PC.

Now at this point I'm all prepared to go into Viridian Forest after healing my Bulbasaur. I know how much you've all heard the ruminating about how annoying Caterpie and Weedle are, so let me tell you right now that I'm going to do the exact same thing. Lame Bug Catchers left and right with their annoying bugs... But then I reach the end of Viridian, at which point I have a level 14 Bulbasaur that just solo'd everything in that part of the game. Of course I heal and I go into the Gym. During the trainer battle I go up a level and learn Poison Powder, which replaces Growl, and Sleep Powder, which replaces Poison Powder just about two seconds later.

It's now time for the most ungodly epic FAILURE of a gym leader I've ever seen. Two Vine Whips, two one shots and Brock is done. Through the course of this I attain the Boulder badge, level 16 and with it, an already raring-to-go Ivysaur. I now have an Ivysaur after soloing everything up to Brock's gym. Good thing I'll probably go for a Paras in the cave.

Current team:

Ivysaur
    Male, lvl 16
    -Tackle
    -Sleep Powder
    -Leech Seed
    -Vine Whip

Yeah, this IS the team. Really didn't take much to get to this point, literally breezed through everything. After the cave and catching a Paras, I can probably take some pressure off of Ivysaur. Gonna take a while before I beat my rival the 3rd time.

Well, that's it for this update. I'd be more detailed but I didn't want to flood the post like I'm doing right now. I'm also using the Gen V images for my team just because they're there. Anyways, later guys. Until the next update!

Edit 2: All right, I've decided that I will do the whole ultimate monotype challenge. The games I'll be using are Fire Red, Heart Gold, Emerald, Platinum, and White.

Last edited:

TheWeirdBadger

Ice Type Gym Leader
    Years
  • Ultimate Monotype Challenge
    Type: Grass
    Game: Emerald
    Badges: 4

Update:
    Spoiler:

Current Team:

Forrest Lv 31 (Grovyle M) @Dark Glasses
    Pursuit
    Fury Cutter
    Leaf Blade
    Quick Attack

Bree Lv 32 (Shroomish F) @Silk Scarf
    Headbutt
    Mega Drain
    Leech Seed
    Mach Punch

Pappa Lv 32 (Lombre M) @Miracle Seed
    Fake Out
    Nature Power
    Absorb
    Water Gun

HM Slave Lv 26 (Lombre F)
    Rock Smash
    Nature Power
    Absorb
    Mist​

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Okay, I am such an idiot. I completely forgot Mom's money! Also, I am in the midst of training my Hitmons, but when I was training for a Hitmontop, I was watching his physical stuff til 19. Then, his Defense went higher and I got a Hitmonchan! Oh well, I guess I was going to get a Hitmonchan sooner or later. But, that might just happen with my other Tyrogue too! Can someone please tell me how I can keep his stats the same?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    Okay, I am such an idiot. I completely forgot Mom's money! Also, I am in the midst of training my Hitmons, but when I was training for a Hitmontop, I was watching his physical stuff til 19. Then, his Defense went higher and I got a Hitmonchan! Oh well, I guess I was going to get a Hitmonchan sooner or later. But, that might just happen with my other Tyrogue too! Can someone please tell me how I can keep his stats the same?

The easiest way would be to fight pokemon that don't give Attack or Defense EVs, but even in that case either his Attack or Defense IV will be higher than the other, most likely. You could try figuring out his IVs and then getting a few EVs in the weaker stat. Also, I'm thinking of starting this challenge once I finish the two I'm doing now o: What type, though...

rave of shaggy

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Fire Single Game Monotype Challenge Pokemon Gold

Pokemon Gold

Johto Badges

Rival Battle #1

Spoiler:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vs. Falkner

Spoiler:

----------------------------------------------------------------
    vs. Bugsy

Spoiler:

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Rival Battle #2

Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------
    vs. Whitney

Spoiler:

---------------------------------------------------------
    vs. morty

Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------
    rival battle #3

Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------
    vs. Chuck

Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------------
    vs. Jasmine

Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------
    vs. pryce

Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------
    rival battle #4

Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------------
    vs. clair

Spoiler:

---------------------------------------------------
    rival battle #5

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    UMC Fight- Johto

The easiest way would be to fight pokemon that don't give Attack or Defense EVs, but even in that case either his Attack or Defense IV will be higher than the other, most likely. You could try figuring out his IVs and then getting a few EVs in the weaker stat. Also, I'm thinking of starting this challenge once I finish the two I'm doing now o: What type, though...

Thanks, I will try that, and also I have another update.

Ok, so I decided to grind my original 3 to Lv. 50. Also, with mom's money, I was able to get Kicky and Ditto out of the daycare. Kicky was at Lv. 30 when I got him out. So, I did a super grind in Victory Road for Kicky and got him to 50. Then, I got my new Hitmonchan in the daycare so he could get some levels. Then, I took on the Pokemon League. Will was sort of a pain, but I beat him. Koga wasn't too hard either with Po's Earthquake. Bruno was like the others. I would have to say Karen was the easiest (kind of obvious, Fighting pwns Dark). Then, I fought Lance. He was kind of easy, his Dragonites went down fast with Carla's Icy Wind and Kicky even got to hav a little fun with the Lv. 50 one! So, I have defeated the League with this team:

Carla (Poliwrath) Lv. 53 Female
    Icy Wind
    Hypnosis
    Surf
    Submission

Kicky (Hitmonlee) Lv. 50 Male (Another male!)
    Endure
    Focus Energy
    Hi Jump Kick
    Mega Kick

Muscle (Machoke) Lv. 50 Female
    Strength
    Cross Chop
    Dynamicpunch
    Karate Chop

Po (Heracross) Lv. 51 Male
    Reversal
    Cut
    Earthquake
    Fury Cutter

Yay, I beat the League! Onto Kanto for the next 8 badges!

Update!

This is update #6, I believe.

Okay, so I just DESTROYED Kanto in like an hour. Thank you speed button! I have the perfect plan to beat Red, I just need to level everyone up. And I know how to do that: I destroy the League over and over again. This is my current team.

Po (Heracross) Lv. 58 Male
    Megahorn (For Red's Espeon)
    Cut (Going to remove this)
    Earthquake (For his Pikachu)
    Fury Cutter (Completely pointless now that he has Megahorn)

Bellsprout (For Flash)

Carla (Poliwrath) Lv. 62 Female
    Psychic (For Venusaur)
    Hypnosis
    Surf (For Charizard)
    Submission

Kicky (Hitmonlee) Lv. 57 Male
    Reversal
    Focus Energy
    Hi Jump Kick (Most likely gonna be used for Snorlax)
    Mega Kick

Muscle (Machoke) Lv. 56 Female
    Strength
    Cross Chop
    Dynamicpunch
    Karate Chop

Going to KILL the Pokemon League over and over again.

I win!

Wow, I am surprised. I actually beat Red! And I didn't even get the chance to grind up Kicky and Muscle! First, Red sent out Pikachu. Po OHKO'ed him with Earthquake. Then, he sent out Venusaur. I Megahorned him. Next was Espeon. He killed Po, but I Max Revived him and left Muscle to die. Then, Espeon's Psychic ALMOST killed him, but lucky for him, the Focus Band saved Po and he killed Espeon with Megahorn. Then, we moved onto Charizard and Carla killed him. Blastoise, Carla killed him with a few Psychics. And, last but definitely not least, Snorlax! Kicky came in and did a little Hi Jump Kick action, OHKO. RIP Snorlax lol. And I won with this team:

Po (Heracross) Lv. 63 Male
    Megahorn
    Cut
    Earthquake
    Fury Cutter

Carla (Poliwrath) Lv. 74 Female
    Psychic
    Hypnosis
    Surf
    Submission

Kicky (Hitmonlee) Lv. 58 Male
    Reversal
    Focus Energy
    Hi Jump Kick
    Mega Kick

Muscle (Machoke) Lv. 56 Female
    Strength
    Cross Chop
    Dynamicpunch
    Karate Chop

Bellsprout (For Flash)
    Gyarados (For Whirlpool, Waterfall)

Last edited:
    Years
  • All right guys, back with another update here. Made some awesome progress and an amazing accomplishment.

All right, it's time to get to Mt. Moon at last. On the way I find several trainers which help me get Ivysaur to level 18. Then I make it into Mt. Moon and I search around for a bit. I find a few items and, surprise surprise, I find a level 8 Paras on the top floor. Who'da thunk? Of course I capture it and I immediately commenc level grinding outside Mt. Moon. Over the course of this time Paras learns Poison Powder which comes in handy later. After Paras reaches level 15 I go back to Mt. Moon. I battle a few trainers there and Paras goes up a level.

I then find out that Team Rocket is handling a job at Mt. Moon. So of course it's my job to stop them. I just go around beating most of the trainers and all of the Rockets there and Ivysaur and Paras increase in levels. I then find a Super Nerd who's hogging both fossils, and that's just no good. Of course I defeat him and he decides to share a fossil with me. I take the Dome Fossil that I'm never going to use and he takes the Helix Fossil. We say our farewells and I make it out of the dreaded cave infested with Zubat...

I immediately make my way towards Cerulean and heal my Pokemon. I examine the city and make sure nothing too urgent is going on. So I go back to the route I came from and I search for more grass type Pokemon there, although in vain. I do manage to level Paras up to 19 and have it learn Leech Life. Of course I'm now ready to face the second gym leader, Misty. I use Poison Powder with Paras on her Staryu and just Leech Life through this. She sends out her godforsaken Starmie and I switch to Ivysaur. I use my little Sleep Powder and Leech Seed combination along with a little Vine Whip. I win the gym battle and the badge, but not without a little trouble. By now, my Paras and Ivysaur are levels 20 and 21, respectively.

Now here comes the fun part. I know my third rival battle is coming up soon so I search around to get any resources I can. It's a fortunate thing I remember that there's a Rare Candy behind some guy's house. It's also here that I realize I have two Rare Candies and I give both to Paras. So what's next? Of course I jump into the third rival battle with Landon. He sends out Pidgeotto and I send out Ivysaur. I instantly manage to put it to sleep with Sleep Powder and I commence the Leech Seeding. After that I just Tackle it into fainting. Next up is Charmander, which is where I switch Ivysaur for Paras. I give Charmander a little Stun Spore and get one Scratch on it, but it knows Ember by now, of course. Paras is now down and all I have is my Ivysaur. I manage to just brush that fight by tackling Charmander down somehow. Next up is Abra, which, of course, only knows Teleport, a move useless in this situation. I take the opportunity to give Ivysaur a potion and take Abra down. This gives Ivysaur a boost to level 22 and it now learns Razor Leaf. I replace Tackle with this move and use it to take down his Rattata.

The rival battle is now over, with me somehow managing to brave the threat that is now Charmander. He goes on about some little thing that I've heard a million time before and gives me the Fame Checker. Can't believe I managed to beat Gary so soon that time.

Current team:

Ivysaur
    Male, lvl 22
    -Razor Leaf
    -Sleep Powder
    -Leech Seed
    -Vine Whip

Ivysaur is nothing short of an amazing Pokemon. It's rather sturdy with a good hunk of Defense and Special Defense on it right now. The Sleep Powder and Leech Seed combo is a good tactic for stalling a Pokemon while giving me some heath back, which is good.

Paras
    Male, lvl 22
    -Scratch
    -Stun Spore
    -Poison Powder
    -Leech Life

A very welcome addition to my grass type team. Has a good Attack stat that's already higher than Ivysaur's. I definitely expect it to get to level 24 and evolve by the time the next update comes. This one's probably going to stay until even the end of the game I hope.

All right, this update's done. I expect to have made it to Vermillion City if time permits it. I also hope to add an Oddish to this team of amazing grass type Pokemon. Okay guys, another time!

[Side note] By the way, no images this update because apparently I can't link to other websites until my post count's 15... Even though the image worked on my previous post >.> <.<

rave of shaggy

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Fire Single Game Monotype Challenge Pokemon Gold

Elite Four

vs. Will

Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------
    vs. Koga

Spoiler:

----------------------------------------------------
    vs. Bruno

Spoiler:

----------------------------------------------------
    vs. Karen

Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------
    vs. Lance

Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------
    Hall of Fame

Spoiler:

Years
  • Continuing where i left off on my dark umc..

Spoiler:

My Current Team...

Shaggy/Mightyena

Acorn/Nuzleaf

dont have time for moves and levels

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2012
    Today Diamond begins. My name stays the same as always and my
    rival's name for this game is Pearl.

So standard beginning game. Blah blah blah, you may only choose
    one, pokemon battle. I will begin this game with turtwig. Off to
    the pokemon lab to presumably get a pokedex. I got the pokedex
    didn't see that coming at all.

In Jubilife I get a Poketch. That's about it. Upon leaving there
    is a rival battle. And I won.

On my way to the first gym I go ahead and catch Mystic, an Abra.
    So I begin training it. So Mystic evolves into a Kadabra and
    then I trade it so it evolves into Alakazam. Now for the first gym.

The gym was easy. Every pokemon was a one hit KO. I may have been a
    tad bit over leveled for that. On the way to Eterna City I have to
    save the Pokemon Professor and Dawn.

On the great trek towards Eterna I get sidetracked and have to help
    out a little girl. A little grinding for Mystic won't hurt. So I
    kicked Galactic's butt out of the Windworks. It was fun for my Mystic
    and also some nice experience.

Continuing my journey I travel through a forest. I also get a
    tag-a-long, but I still go ahead as if he is not there.

Eterna City, gym battle is easy, yay. So now I go to take out team Rocket,
    I mean Aqua, sorry Galactic. Yeah that is right. The boss proved to be
    difficult due to the skuntank. To beat it I caught Medi a Meditite.

Team:

Mystic level 30 Alakazam
    Medi level 20 Meditite

HM Slave:

Grotle level 20

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back