• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
Years
  • Name: Kendrix

Log:

After defeating the ghost gym, I headed to Olivine City in order to get my next badge. On the way there I got side tracked by a sick Miltank and being the kind person that I am, and Almia's insistence, I grew some berries and gave her until she was healthy. When the Miltank was totally healthy I bout about a dozen Moomoo Milks and headed off once again to Olivine.

As soon as I reached I meat Roark, who informed me that the gym leader for the town was at the lighthouse and that I should go there to train. Although he got a bit riled up by basically implying that a pokemon that is sick is not worth the effort, I managed to keep cool knowing that his methodology was flawed.

I then healed Almia and headed up the lighthouse to see what exactly was wrong with the pokemon on top. I fought numerous trainers who really wanted to see Jasmine (the gym leader) but for some reason or the other just didn't move from their spot. Eventually I got to the top and was informed by Jasmine that the only way to cure Amphy (the light house pokemon). I about a few seconds of deliberation I decided that it would be best if I went and got the medicine at Cianwood City (and just so you know, I didn't do it just to score).

I caught a Krabby and taught it both Surf and Rock Smash, in order to get transportation to Cianwood. Nothing much happened on the way there, other than a few trainer battles, which I won with relative ease.

Cianwood City is a rather small place so not much happened ther before a faced the gym. Sure I face off against Eusine after seeing Suicune for the second time. I easily won that battle, and after giving me a short speech, he ran off to chase Suicune. On my way to the gym I meet this trainer, who said that Roark stole one of his pokemon, and wanted me to take his Shuckle for its safety. Eventually I decided to take it and return the pokemon after my battle against the Elite Four. I then got the Secret Potion and headed to the gym.

Vs Chuck:

The battle wasn't too intense, but I suppose that not many battles are when you have use a level advantage over your opposition. His first pokemon was a Primeape, who didn't last long against Almia's Psybeam. His last pokemon was a Poliwrath and while it did managed to do some good damage to Almia with Surf, it ultimately got Koed by Almia's Shadow Ball.

With that win I earned my Fifth Gym badge and the HM for Fly from Chuck's wife. I then headed back to Olivine in order to deliver the medicine to Jasmine.

Vs Jasmine:

I'm just going to skip right to the gym battle since I'm sure that you can guess what happened up to this point. Her first two pokemon (both Magnemites) didn't stand a chance against Almia, despite the fact that one of them managed to paralyze her. I thought this match would be my easiest in a while, but then she called out her last pokemon and the complexion of the battle changed. You see, Almia's defense dropped as soon as she got hit by that Steelix's first Iron Tail. I instantly made a plan and use that to my advantage by using a Paralyze Heal, knowing that Almia would survive at least one more attack.

I then used Almia's least used move, Pain Split. While my plan worked, Pain Split didn't heal as much Hp as I needed it to and Steelix Koed her in one hit using Iron Tail (I'm sure that if Almia's defense hadn't dropped, then she would have been able to survive).

That wasn't the end of the battle however; as I sent out the Shuckle I got from Cindawood. It didn't last long, but it gave me enough time to Revive Almia, and prep her for another round with that Steelix. Almia eventually managed to overcome that large steel snake in round two of the battle, earning me my Mineral Badge. I was about to leave to heal Almia, when she called me back and invited me to a nearby Restaurant.

Pokemon:

Almia (Misdreavus) F lvl 45

=>Psybeam
    =>Pain Split
    =>Spite
    => Shadow Ball

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Updated Progress:Got Bicycle
    Teddy evolved into Ursaring at S.S. Anne
    Urasing, lvl 32, annihilated Gary's third encouter, and didn't get hit once!
    Got HM1, and left S.S.Anne
    Brought total destruction in Route 11
    Beat 3rd Gym leader at lvl 35
    Entered Rock Tunnel at lvl 38
    Accomplished Rock Tunnel at lvl 40 and entered Lavender Town
    Left Lavender Town, and entered Celadon City
    Beat 4th Gym leader at lvl 45, and didn't get hit once! :D
    Discovered Team Rockets base at Celadon City
    Beat first encouter with Giovanni at lvl 47
    Entered Pokemon Tower and had my fourth encounter with Gary at lvl 50
    I beat Gary, defeated the spirit of the Kubones mama, saved Mr. Fuji, and received a Poke Flute!
    Used Poke Flute, murdered Snorlax, and received an Super Rod
    Entered Fuchsia City, and beat the 5th Gym leader at lvl 56
    Got HM2 and HM3 and reached Saffron City!
    Went to the dojo gym, and got Hitmonchan
    Entered Silp Co.

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
  • Moar progress! (again; important stuff in orange, badges in blue)

- Arrived at Lilycove, dominated May at the Dept. Store
    - Headed South to Mt. Pyre
    - Solved the Mt. Pyre incident
    - Headed to Slateport, saw Maxie and a grunt jack the submarine
    - Headed back to Lilycove, stopped Team Magma at their base
    - Got the Master Ball
    - Headed to Mossdeep; got Dive from Steven
    - Fought & defeated Liza and Tate in 1 hit from Miles' Surf; got the Mind Badge
    - Thwarted Team Magma in the Seafloor Cavern
    - Headed to Sootopolis, met up with Steven and Wallace
    - Entered the Cave of Origin
    - Currently at Groudon, in an attempt to catch. It sucks catching legendaries in a solorun. D: (don't worry, I won't use him - i'll just migrate him to SS) :B

That's all so far. I'll probably have the league finished by today.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Another Update!
    I found the Silp Key, and had my fith encounter with Gary at lvl 64
    I beat Gary, and received Lapras!
    2nd Encouter with Giovanni and beat him at lvl 65
    Got the Master Ball, and fought the 6th Gym
    I got the the 6th gym badge at lvl 65
    I reached Cinnabar Island and raised Kabuto from the dead
    I went inside Pokemon Mansion, and found the secret key
    Went inside the Cinnabar Gym, and fought Blake at lvl 68
    Met Bill, and went to Island One!
    Went to Islands 2 and 3 for a side quest
    Went back to Kanto, and flew to Viridian City, to earn my 8th badge
    Had my 3rd encouter with Giovanni, and beat him at lvl 70!
    6th encouter with Gary, and beat him at lvl 71
    I got HMS 4 and 6

JasonX3333

Im accepting all wi-fi battles
    Years
  • cout me

Count me in...Im using

Laravatiar-->Pupitar-->Tyranitar

I'll start with gold

Soldek

"Try Me"
    Years
  • What are you planning on using your master ball on? You can catch Groudon with it.

I'll use the MB on Rayquaza, so I can transfer them both to SS. Then I'll have two of each! And two is always better. :B

Moar Progress:

- Groudon was caught with an expertly tossed Ultra Ball
    - Challenged the Gym and Wallace; OHKO'd everyone. Boom. Pwned. Got me the Rain Badge.
    - Proceeded East from Rt. 128 to Ever Grande City
    - Arrived in Ever Grande City, entered Victory Road
    - Proceeded to beat the sh*t out of Wally. Until his Gardevoir started thinking strategically and pwned Miles. I lost. D:
    - Restarted Victory Road with a PO'd attitude that I got KO'd by a Pokemon 10 levels below me. Proceeded to re-beat the sh*t out of Wally. Won this time. :)
    - Will update in a minute my Elite Four challenge. Wish me luck!

- Beat Sidney
    - Beat Phoebe
    - Beat Glacia
    - Beat Drake
    - BEAT STEVEN!!!

Elite Four Challenge - Hoenn

BEATEN!!
    At Approximately 11:30 PM, Tuesday, July 7th, 2010
    with...

"Milo"
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Level 61

And with that, I say...
    ON TO KANTO!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Im going to start a challenge with a Scyther in the order of Pokemon FireRed, Gold, Emerald, Platinum. I will hack to get the Scyther early on in the game though.

Last edited:

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • :/ Something's wrong with Wattson's movie. So, without further ado, here is wattson's gym battle.
    Meteor vs Magnemite
    Meteor used confusion
    Magnemite used thundershock
    " "
    " "
    " "
    Magnemite fainted!
    Meteor vs Voltorb
    Meteor used Confusion
    Voltorb used Charge
    " "
    " "
    Voltorb fainted!
    Meteor vs Magneton
    Meteor just kept using Confusion, while wattson kept attacking and healing Magneton.
    I had only 3 Soda pops, so we were in a battle of attrition. Eventually we reached a point where i was low on health, and no soda pops, and Magneton had just used a Super Potion. I thought i was screwed, but BOOM, confusion, made Magneton confused, and he hit himself 4 times in a row. I kept using confusion. and then i scored 1 very lucky win.
    Yeah, im on Meteor Falls right now (Meteor's hometown?)

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • quick update because im in a rush:

Got the first badge.
    Got the Second badge

Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been very busy recently :L

JasonX3333

Im accepting all wi-fi battles
    Years
  • Update

I started with FR I got my Larvaitar I beat Garys Charmander then beats some pidgeys and rattatas up.Got Oaks parcel, got the pokedex.Got techy TV went into virdain forest it was hard to win because all I had was bite and leer and bite was a special attack in FR and having adamant nature doesn't help with it.I got to pewter city me and my level 11 larvaitar fought brock took long time I won using Bite Bite and of course bite got my running shoes saved and turned off.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I started with FR I got my Larvaitar I beat Garys Charmander then beats some pidgeys and rattatas up.Got Oaks parcel, got the pokedex.Got techy TV went into virdain forest it was hard to win because all I had was bite and leer and bite was a special attack in FR and having adamant nature doesn't help with it.I got to pewter city me and my level 11 larvaitar fought brock took long time I won using Bite Bite and of course bite got my running shoes saved and turned off.

Larvitar is a great Pokemon to use in a solochallenge because it has high stats and doesn't evolve before the 4th gym like some others.

Good Luck with it :)

Crimmage

Geekworm Sludge
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    Alright, started Sapphire version.

-Got Mudkip for an HM slave
    -Beat May
    -Got Pokedex and then caught a grimer.
    -Helped Wally catch a pokemon
    -Made it to Rustboro after beating the Aqua Grunt
    -Had difficulty with Roxanne's pokemon due to poison being 1/4 effective vs. geodudes, but with an x attack and defend and a potion I persevered and finally won.
    -Got Peeko back for Mr. Briney.
    -Questing for Steven Stone now
    -Moved to Dewford
    -Crushed Brawley
    -Looking for Steven as we speak.

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
    Years
  • Challenge accepted!

My pokemon of choice will be Growlithe/Arcanine!

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Game order will be: FR, G, E, Plt

Let's Begin! FireRed!:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Lol, Nice updates Zero ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to update later, Busy life + Internet playing up = Little time to play :(

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
    Years
  • Name: Kendrix

Log:

After my so called date with Jasmine, I went to Mahogany Town in an attempt to get by seventh badge without doing somebody's side quest first. Unfortunately I ended up going to the lake of Rage, as the guy at the gym entrance just would let me through and kept muttering about some chaos at the lake. Upon reaching I immediately find out what's wrong, and set out to rectify it myself, mostly just to get the gym open.

As it turns out, the whole fiasco at the Lake of Rage was being cause by a Crimson Red Gyarados. I tried to have Almia calm it down, but it attacked her and in the end I had no choice but to fight it. A few Shadow Balls from Almia was enough to knock some sense into it and force it to retreat (I didn't catch it because there was no way I would be able to control it for any length of time).

When I was done with the battle, I met up with Lance (who didn't look a day older than when I beat him three years ago). We then proceeded to storm the Team Rocket Hideout and pretty much boot them out of the whole town. I would call it a waste of time but Almia did learn Power Gem, which should be useful later.

Vs Pryce:

Almia's Power Gem pretty much destroyed this gym, and its trainers. The leader, Pryce, didn't last too long either. Both his Seel and Dewgong fell to Almia's newest attack, Power Gem, in one hit. His Piloswine however required a different tactic, because of its typing. Almia's Psybeam managed to knock off about half its health, which was bit surprising to me, but he only used Hail. Looking back, that might have caused some problems, due to Piloswine's ability, but Almia managed to hit it with another Psybeam to finish the deal.

I'm going to go ahead and summarize what happened after that, since I really don't want to spend so much time writing it out. Basically I get a call from Elm, who basically says that the radio stations have all been airing some weird broadcast about Team Rocket. I headed to goldenrod, find out the Radio Tower has been hijacked and disguised myself as a Team Rocket grunt just to avoid fighting everyone. Unfortunately my rival came and basically blew my cover, and I had to fight everyone anyways.

A bunch of other things happened as a result of this, which basically amounted to me going to Goldenrod Underground since the director was stashed there (the one on the top floor was an Team Rocket executive, Petrel in disguise, not that he fooled me for a second), and eventually making my way to the center and getting a Card Key. After that I headed back to the Tower and beat both Proton and Ariana in a boss rush in order to finish off Team Rocket. When I finished the battle, I headed through the elevator and was challenged by Archer, the real finial boss.

Long story short, I won and forced him to disband Team Rocket for a second time (hopefully this one will stick).

I then headed to Blackthorn City, through Ice cave, and challenged the gym leader for my last badge.

Vs Clair:

By now it should come as no surprise that most of her pokemon went down without much of a fuss. Her last pokemon Kingdra was an exception to that however. Almia's Shadow ball did a little more than half, but unfortunately for me activated her berry. The water type dragon hit Almia with her strongest move, hoping to knock my pokemon out, but Almia stood strong. The look of Claire's face was picture perfect, when I ordered Almia's next move, Spite. You see since Spite always decreases a pokemon move by 4, and she had already used Hydro Pump once, Kingdra was totally helpless when commanded to use it again. Eventually I won, but Clair wanted me to prove my worth by going to the Dragon's Den (honestly I feel that she is a bit angry at me for winning so effortlessly).

I proved my worth to her by not only going down there, but being accepted into the Dragon's Clan (despite not owning a dragon) and being acknowledged by the Elders (something that only Lance has been able to accomplish). Of course she was furious but after a while I got my badge, and a Dratini (for being acknowledged, not that I'll use him).

I would write more but I just got a call from Elm, saying that I should pass by his lab.

Pokemon:

Almia (Misdreavus) F lvl 61

=>Psybeam
    =>Power Gem
    =>Spite
    =>Shadow Ball

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
    Years
  • LAST TIME, ON: DRAGONBALL Z!

...wait...WRONG!

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Zero And Savior VS The World!

Notice: Hey guys, so sucky news... My screenshot's from Viridian Forest and Pewter City are gone...Which sucks because I had pretty good caption ready and everything, but somehow not only are the ones between the forest and beating Brock gone, but everything afterwards were labeled out of order in my folder by my VBA... So if there seems to be any weird discontinuities, then I may have placed something in the wrong spot. Sorry again, and hopefully this mess never happens again.
    The show (updates) must go on!

Spoiler:

Hope you all are enjoying these updates, cause they're a pain in the backside to do! >_<

But if they're actually being read and enjoyed, then I'll keep doing them!

Oh, Legendary Squirtle, I thoroughly enjoy reading your updates. Keep it up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back