• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uncensored

Years
    What is your tolerance level for graphic content in television and movies?

I can watch drug use. I'm not bothered by nudity or language almost at all. I'm more of a hippie soul in that regard. I don't like violence however, particularly when it's depicted towards the vulnerable like a situation of child abuse or animal cruelty or elder abuse. At the same I don't dismiss violent content however just because it is violent, unless there's nothing in it but gore, and it's just meant to be a slasher for the sake of shock value.

I am open to watching a title that has graphic content like a war movie for instance if I thought it was serving the story to make it more realistic. I just usually avert my eyes on the bloody parts in those instances. I can watch some punches being thrown in a bar fight, but something like a rape scene or decapitation is probably a good time for me to look away. During Game of Thrones I would fastforward over the most explicit murders or Ramsay Bolton torturing enemies. I might head to the kitchen to make popcorn for a few minutes until it was a new scene.

Do you also have limits? Do you have strong stomach or are you soft-hearted like me?

Years
    I have a pretty strong tolerance for that sort of thing. I can get put off by things that are extremely gross maybe, but not usually gore, violence etc.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    i can't watch gore or violence. i don't like watching sex either, but nudity is fine. i can deal with this stuff more in an animated setting, but i don't like watching realistic depictions of it. it's just. not for me. i don't consider myself a prude or w/e i just don't really want to see those things.

Years
    • Seen today
    I have a high tolerance for this stuff. Currently watching Breaking Bad and it's had some awfully gruesome stuff. Like, the head being chopped off and placed on the back of a turtle.

I am bothered by violence without a purpose. I didn't like the Michael Myers movies, and when they showed a decapitation with a glass shard I just turned it off. Gore for the sake of shock value turns me away, and it's why i'm picky about horror movies. Stephen King films almost always have a strong plot, so I don't mind the violence on those.

pkmin3033

I can handle pretty much anything this side of The Human Centipede. It...really doesn't get any worse than that, and it's waaaaay beyond my tolerance levels.

Nudity etc. is fine, although I generally avoid sex scenes because they are absolutely cringeworthy. It's a wonder anyone wants to have sex at all after watching movie scenes.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i can't watch gore or violence. i don't like watching sex either, but nudity is fine. i can deal with this stuff more in an animated setting, but i don't like watching realistic depictions of it. it's just. not for me. i don't consider myself a prude or w/e i just don't really want to see those things.
    you said what i was gonna say almost word for word

Years
    I can handle pretty much everything in movies unlike my other family members. Though I was shocked with how much profanity was in I Spit On Your Grave 3, it was like every other word, but I still enjoyed the movie.

Back