• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular movie opinions

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • as a Lover Of The Abstract I guess I was naturally going to gravitate towards WALL-E.

anyway, Frozen wasn't awful, but it wasn't very good. it was painfully average to me. might just be a knee-jerk reaction considering all the hype but I didn't love it, nor did I hate it.

Years
  • Inception was an okay movie, nothing mind blowing about it.

The Princess and the Frog is one of Disney's better animated movies.

Wall-E is best Pixar

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Am I the only person here didn't like the hunger games? I can honestly say it was one of the worst movies I've seen. I have not and never will watch the sequels.

I also seem to be the only person who has no problem with Jar Jar Binks in Star Wars.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I still haven't seen frozen so no comment

I never liked the dark knight or the dark knight rises. Especially not the last one omg.

Also I hate up with a passion. Hands down the worst pixar film that I have seen (those not seen being wall-e, cars 2, and monsters university). Not one character was enjoyable.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Avatar (the one with the blue people) was terrible. Don't ask me why I hated it, I just did.

I love the Transformers movies. Something about talking car robots brings out the child in me. I agree they could have had less of Micheal Bay and his trademark explosions.

Most scary movies entertain me. Although I may just enjoy them because they are so terrible it's funny.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Avatar (the one with the blue people) was terrible. Don't ask me why I hated it, I just did.

I agree. I've seen it twice since I kind of liked it the first time and realized just how bad it was the second time. Character development was linear even though it appeared to be really deep and relatable, except anything below surface level was near the beginning and sprinkled here and there in minimal amounts. Eh

I wasn't fond of Brave.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Avatar was a ♥♥♥♥ing atrocious movie, literally the only thing it had going for it was the beautiful animation. other than that, it was really bad, and waaaaay too long.

I find it hard to believe that people that say scary movies are bad have ever seen an actual good horror film, and are just watching the campy b-movie ones that are universally accepted to be really, really bad.

and I didn't like Brave either.

Sir Codin

-The Dark Knight trilogy sucked and was conservative corporatist propaganda (Especially the third movie, which blatantly trashed and demonized the Occupy movement while putting capitalism and wingnuts conservatives on a pedestal).

Really? I liked the Dark Knight Trilogy because of those things. The fact that it pisses off moronic anti-capitalist bozos makes me like it even more. What, because you're rich and successful, you're somehow less of a human being? ♥♥♥♥ off.

-Picard > Kirk

-Disney sucks (Though Pixar is decent)

-Revenge of the Sith was just as terrible as the other two prequels.

-Miyazaki movies are overrated.

I agree with you here though. Especially about Miyazakit films. Miyazaki is such a blowhard anti-capitalist, anti-materialism holier-than-thou douchebag.

Last edited by a moderator:

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I agree with you here though. Especially about Miyazakit films. Miyazaki is such a blowhard anti-capitalist, anti-materialism holier-than-thou douchebag.
    I think that you need to separate whoever made the film from the film itself. plenty of directors and musicians are ♥♥♥♥ing terrible people, but they make good art, and I'm not gonna make myself hate it just because they're bad people. (and really I have no idea if Miyazaki is a bad person because I don't know ♥♥♥♥ about him aside from his movies)

Years
  • Spiderman 3 was actually a good movie. Many people didn't like the movie because there were too any villains, and the story was confusing. However, I really liked Spiderman 3 a lot. I liked the return of the Green Goblin, and Venom is my favorite Spiderman villain. It may have been my fanboy-ness, but I enjoyed the movie because of the villain and liked the story. The ending was sad as well, and I thought it was a good finale to the "trilogy".

This. Sure, the film had its faults and had too many plot lines, but it was very entertaining and I love the concept of the Symbio (spelling?) Suit. The first two films had built up to it and that build up paid off.

Let's see.

- Anchorman is overrated. I really do have to be in the right mood to enjoy it, and I think the whole concept of making a second film was a bollocks idea.
    - Somebody's mentioned it already, but the Avengers was overrated. Yes, it was good. Yes, I do want to watch it again. Yes, I love Joss Whedon. But it was not as amazing as everybody made it out to be.
    - I enjoyed American Hustle and thought that, whilst it wasn't too good to begin with, the ending was brilliant.
    - If we're not including Pixar films, Wreck-It-Ralph is the best Disney film ever.
    - The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy was a good movie.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Ugh, glad I'm not the only person who dislikes Anchorman. I should love it, I love Will Ferrell and the rest of the cast but I just don't get Anchorman.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Really? I liked the Dark Knight Trilogy because of those things. The fact that it pisses off moronic anti-capitalist bozos makes me like it even more. What, because you're rich and successful, you're somehow less of a human being? ♥♥♥♥ off.

I love the fact that I'm a "moronic bozo" because I dislike capitalism for leading to bureaucracies where corporations control the country and make laws based on what will get them more money rather than on what is right for the country. How tolerant of other peoples' opinions. I could turn around and call you a greedy elitist who thinks all the wealth should be in the hands of the top 1%, who deserve to spend their days playing golf with solid gold clubs and sipping expensive wine while the rest of us peons deserve to eke out miserable lives near poverty.

Plus, I neglected to mention the pro-Patriot Act propaganda that took up the latter half of The Dark Knight. Please, tell me more about how wonderful it is when our government looks in on all of our private lives.

The fact that this blatant propaganda is in a superhero film quite frankly makes me sick and just goes to show how much the far right loves to try to brainwash people. Whether it be through fundamentalist religious dogma, propaganda, homeschooling, etc., the far right that masquerades as the moderate right does nothing but propagandize and fearmonger. The Dark Knight Rises is probably the worst culprit here, with the Occupy movement (Which is actually completely peaceful) personalized in the form of the terrorist Bane, who is aiming to destroy Gotham with a nuclear bomb. Completely glossed over is the fact that the Occupy movement as a whole is peaceful and devoted to civil disobedience, while the Teabaggers are the ones holding racist signs, shouting racial and homophobic slurs, bringing assault weapons to protests, and calling for the assassination of President Obama. Yes, I know, the guys calling for an end to war and an end to the death penalty are the violent ones.

- If we're not including Pixar films, Wreck-It-Ralph is the best Disney film ever.
    ^
    This dude gets it. I never was a fan of Disney (Though I do like Pixar, for the most part), but I still enjoyed Wreck-It-Ralph a lot.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • At first when I saw the OP about not bashing each other I was like "ha how patronising we're all adults here" and then I saw Lance's post saying that The Dark Knight Rises was better than The Avengers and I just got so unreasonably angry that I now understand it lmao

OK so now for my unpopular opinions:

- I really don't think Slumdog Millionaire was that good, and I think it got every single one of its Oscars by being "the little budget film that could". I hate underdogs that win just because they're underdogs.

- I don't find The Hangover funny at all.

- I really enjoyed Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous and will defend it to the grave.

Deja Vu said:
    Avatar (the one with the blue people) was terrible. Don't ask me why I hated it, I just did.

That's... not an unpopular opinion haha

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Old example, but 2001: A Space Odyssey is kind of interesting because there's always been a huge split between what general audiences think (it's terrible) and what film buffs, critics, and intellectuals think (it's fantastic). I'm with the latter group. It irritates me that the general public has no attention span and no capacity for literary interpretation, because 2001 is extremely well-crafted and says and does a lot of interesting things without really saying much at all.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Old example, but 2001: A Space Odyssey is kind of interesting because there's always been a huge split between what general audiences think (it's terrible) and what film buffs, critics, and intellectuals think (it's fantastic). I'm with the latter group. It irritates me that the general public has no attention span and no capacity for literary interpretation, because 2001 is extremely well-crafted and says and does a lot of interesting things without really saying much at all.
    I ended up giving this a watch a couple months ago and it blew my goddamn mind. now I hate when people tell me it's boring; I think they're colossally missing the point. the Star Gate sequence is ♥♥♥♥ing phenomenal and absolutely mind-bending. it's Kubrick's masterpiece, imo.

Back