• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular movie opinions

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Post your opinions that you believe to be unfavorable to the majority of the public. Try not to bash each other instead of discuss these opinions.

I don't think Brad Pitt deserves to be an A list actor; he's really not all that great in my opinion. His movies and roles are rather cookie cutter and unimpressive. The same could be said about Tom Cruise, though he's had a good one or two standouts.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    ^ I agree about Avengers, but in terms of entertainment I enjoyed it more than TDKR. TDKR was better made than the Avengers tho :)

I was actually pretty hyped up about Frozen because of the musicals and I haven't seen a great animated motion picture like Frozen in quite a while :)

Also... for the Hangover series and Project X, I kind of seem to find them pretty bland and they just don't do it for me, while everyone praises them to be funny as hell, I think that they have a lot of movies that I enjoy way more than those ones. And also... why is Project X even praised by some? Is it just because of the huge wild ass party theme going on? I just don't seem to find what people find the appeal in that movie lol.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    I didn't like Frozen. It wasn't a bad movie by all means, but it didn't really stand out from other Disney films. The movie was so hyped up that it couldn't realistically deliver what people where expecting it too. That "Let it Go" song is hyped up too.

I don't like superhero movies, like at all. It kind of sucks that that's pretty much all Hollywood is interested in making now. The Dark Knight was really the only superhero movie I liked.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I can't stand Star Wars. I get angry when people tell me it's just because I didn't watch it the right way or pay close enough attention or etc. etc. In the back of my mind I think a little bit that people only like it so much for the nostalgia factor and the fact that I didn't watch it as a kid means I wasn't ever meant to like it.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I actually have never seen Star Wars lol

I don't think the Final Destination movies are terrible by any means. I like unpredictable and unrealistic phenomenons because I know it could never happen. Too many people focus on realism in movies when film was made to be pretty unrealistic for a reason - to entertain.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    -The Dark Knight trilogy sucked and was conservative corporatist propaganda (Especially the third movie, which blatantly trashed and demonized the Occupy movement while putting capitalism and wingnuts conservatives on a pedestal).

-Picard > Kirk

-Disney sucks (Though Pixar is decent)

-Revenge of the Sith was just as terrible as the other two prequels.

-Miyazaki movies are overrated.

-The only two musicals I like are Little Shop of Horrors and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Years
    Rather old, but when WALL-E first came out it had outstanding reviews and extremely positive critical acclaim. After going and seeing it, though, I didn't see what the fuss was about. In fact, the long spaces without any dialogue or relevant action bored me to death. Maybe I was missing something, but I couldn't comprehend why everyone loved it so much. To this day, I can't watch it without getting sidetracked.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I love how that now Frozen is really popular and really hyped up, people ♥♥♥♥ on it and say it's overrated. Hahaha. . It's one of the better recent Disney movies imo. But okay.

Personally I didn't like Zombieland that much, yet everyone loved it. It was funny here and there, but something about didn't do anything for me. It's okay though. Maybe I should re watch it, but the first time I only found it kind of good. Everyone praises it though. I really don't know.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I think Frozen is overrated, lol. It's not a bad movie, but it really gets annoying to hear "Let It Go" on the streets all the time. (I don't really like Idina's voice IMO) I don't understand the hype either; Brave, Tangled and Wreck-it-Ralph (from what I've heard, I've never watcehd it) were awesome movies as well and I think they can compete to the movie as well, but why Frozen? I guess it because it has this "spark thing I can't describe"? I guess I understand, but sometimes I don't .I generally have mixed opinions. And I usually listen to Frozen songs in another language, because "Let it Go" is annoying to hear at this point - "Laat het los" and "Sla dig los" are refreshing to listen to. :3 My opinions on this movie change from time to time and it's really hard to explain.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I love how that now Frozen is really popular and really hyped up, people ♥♥♥♥ on it and say it's overrated. Hahaha. . It's one of the better recent Disney movies imo. But okay.

It's because people don't average opinions in their head. Instead of thinking "this must be a 4 star movie because 30 of my friends gave it 4 stars," they think "this must be the best movie ever because 30 of my friends gave it 4 stars." Then they watch it and think "this is only a 3.5 star movie!" and think it's overrated by a lot when it's nearly the same rating as everyone else. Our brains should average what everyone thinks but instead we add them and then once too many people are into it we think the hype is higher than anyone could possibly like a movie.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Spiderman 3 was actually a good movie. Many people didn't like the movie because there were too any villains, and the story was confusing. However, I really liked Spiderman 3 a lot. I liked the return of the Green Goblin, and Venom is my favorite Spiderman villain. It may have been my fanboy-ness, but I enjoyed the movie because of the villain and liked the story. The ending was sad as well, and I thought it was a good finale to the "trilogy".

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    Rather old, but when WALL-E first came out it had outstanding reviews and extremely positive critical acclaim. After going and seeing it, though, I didn't see what the fuss was about. In fact, the long spaces without any dialogue or relevant action bored me to death. Maybe I was missing something, but I couldn't comprehend why everyone loved it so much. To this day, I can't watch it without getting sidetracked.
    b-but... :(

WALL-E is probably my favorite Pixar movie tbh.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    b-but... :(

WALL-E is probably my favorite Pixar movie tbh.

That's one of those movies I'm doomed to feel weird about forever because I saw it for the first time awkwardly sitting next to an ex when our last interaction had been him telling me he wanted to mail me his head in a box (so I could understand his feelings, obviously).

I feel bad for the movie because it's probably good but it will forever be connected with head-in-a-box ex. :(

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    That's one of those movies I'm doomed to feel weird about forever because I saw it for the first time awkwardly sitting next to an ex when our last interaction had been him telling me he wanted to mail me his head in a box (so I could understand his feelings, obviously).

I feel bad for the movie because it's probably good but it will forever be connected with head-in-a-box ex. :(
    well that's disappointing. honestly I would not have watched that movie with him after he said that if I were you.

Treecko

Years
    It's because people don't average opinions in their head. Instead of thinking "this must be a 4 star movie because 30 of my friends gave it 4 stars," they think "this must be the best movie ever because 30 of my friends gave it 4 stars." Then they watch it and think "this is only a 3.5 star movie!" and think it's overrated by a lot when it's nearly the same rating as everyone else. Our brains should average what everyone thinks but instead we add them and then once too many people are into it we think the hype is higher than anyone could possibly like a movie.

Can I just say that even though I watched the movie because I heard so many good things about it from friends, I ended up personally finding it enjoyable and a "4 star movie" and didn't enjoy it just cause my friends did? Guess I genuinely enjoyed Frozen. I feel some people shouldn't let their friends judge and base their opinion and give it a better chance.

But oh well, people can have their opinions too....not gonna argue.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Can I just say that even though I watched the movie because I heard so many good things about it from friends, I ended up personally finding it enjoyable and a "4 star movie" and didn't enjoy it just cause my friends did? Guess I genuinely enjoyed Frozen. I feel some people shouldn't let their friends judge and base their opinion and give it a better chance.

But oh well, people can have their opinions too....not gonna argue.

How do you know the people that dislike Frozen are only saying its overrated because most of their friends like it? How do you know people are basing their opinions off their friends' at all? What if their friends told them to watch it because they thought it was good and they ended up genuinely liking it, not just because their friend(s) did?

I saw Frozen in the first couple days it came out and I still didn't like it. I expected everyone else who went to go see it agree with me but I was probably one of the only people I knew who didn't like the movie one bit.

Treecko

Years
    How do you know the people that dislike Frozen are only saying its overrated because most of their friends like it? How do you know people are basing their opinions off their friends' at all? What if their friends told them to watch it because they thought it was good and they ended up genuinely liking it, not just because their friend(s) did?

I saw Frozen in the first couple days it came out and I still didn't like it. I expected everyone else who went to go see it agree with me but I was probably one of the only people I knew who didn't like the movie one bit.

I never did actually, was just saying I genuinely enjoyed Frozen without the influence of others's opinion. I was more or less making a statement rather than trying to make an argument. I know not everyone based their opinion on a friend's opinion.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years

I agree that WALL-E is overrated. The best Pixar films IMO are The Incredibles, Ratatouille and Finding Nemo.

Back