• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Pokemon you love

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
  • Recently, I've taken a liking to Grumpig.

I dunno if he could be considered unpopular, but definitely not as focused on as Lucario or Delphox.

On the other hand, I am one of the few that like Tepig a lot so there's that.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I really like a ton of unpopular mons, since I like all pokemon in general. But probably Lopunny, Azumarill, and Diggersby are three I can think of that haven't been mentioned much yet. These bunny pokemon get a lot of mistreatment but I like them quite a bit.

Years
    • Seen today
    Spinda. I love using it, regardless of stats it does fine for me on my in game teams.

Also really like how every encounter is a differing pattern.

Pig

Angry ecologist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Is Muk unpopular? I love it, and save a spot on my team for it anytime it's available.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Dunsparce is unpopular, and though it's one of my favorite Normal-types, I understand why it's unpopular.

Is Charjabug unpopular?

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    Electivire, magmortar, aromatisse, girafarig... stantler, in a sense, the elemental monkeys, etcetera. I also adore purugly and other similar pokemon. Alolan persian, too, which some like for its goofiness but most just seem disappointed with. Skorupi/drapion, cryogonal... sigilyph, too. And a lot of the ones already mentioned here!

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2019
    I love Sigilyph and the whole Litwick line, not only for stunningly good design, but also throw some good fighting type and these three will demolish Elite 4 in Unova. I always promise to myself that I won't be using same Pokemon throughout play through, but then I see Sigilyph and I can't stop. Even tried to hunt for shiny, didn't work.

Talking about other gens, I think Slowpoke line in underestimated, they are so cute! Grumpig is awesome (I'd say I love it more than Spoink) and Magnemite/magneton/magnezone are just awesome

Whim

king of weirdtropolis
    Years
  • Slurpuff. Maybe it isn't that unknown, but is mostly more hated so maybe it counts.

Also, Lumineon. Geez GF what have you done there

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Honestly, Cherrim is not particularly popular and that's why I get the username everywhere I go and it's my favourite of all time so. I guess it's a valid answer here, although it does get a lot of merch.

But my second favourite Pokemon is Probopass and it's one of the least popular Pokemon ever, lol. I also really love Vanillite and it's widely hated for being uncreative, too. Those two might just count as popular just because they're so widely talked about when the subject of hated Pokemon come up, though. :(

Another recent fave I've warmed up to over the years is Magnemite. It's... well. No one ever really thinks about it, much, so I guess it would count as an unpopular one!

TOKZK

Gen II veteran/breaker
    Years
  • I don't give a damn that most of these pokemon were scrapped, but the entirety of pokemon gold/silver space world demo. If you look at some of the designs, they're absolutely phenomenal, and I don't see why they weren't added into the game. This might be my bias towards gen II talking, but I genuinely think they would've made a great choice compared to some of the ones we got.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2019
    I actually am quite fond over the basculin duo, I don't use them for competitive battles, but I just love their design.

VeryDense

Keep Tweening Forward
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2019
    I don't really see people talk about Surskit, so I that it would be an unpopular Pokemon that I like.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • is alolan dugtrio unpopular?? i feel like it just gets made fun of but honestly i think it's so cute and i love it. idk something about giving dugtrio just. these luscious locks of blonde hair is just so absurd that i can't help but love it and think its a genius move and i'm just.........ugh alolan dugtrio is so cute and great and wonderful just LOOK at it. peak design tbh.

petilil is also great and wonderful like have you seen her!!!! wow!!!!!!!!!!!! alright!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean i assume she's unpopular she's just a rando lil grass baby that evolves into a flower and lilligant is popular but i think people FORGET HER ROOTS!!!!! SHE STARTS AS A PETILIL!!!!!!!!! THE CUTEST BABY

Last edited:
    Years
  • bidoof has grown on me kinda
    i also like luvdisc a lot even though people hate it for not being useful at all in anyway

Last edited:
    Back