• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Pokemon you love

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
  • Poor Vanilluxe gets bashed for being an ice cream cone, but I love Vanilluxe! It's cute, and I like the smiley face on its back side. Also it got the ability snow warning recently, which means perfectly accurate Blizzards!

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Floatzel because in my opinion, it's the coolest looking water type pokemon excluding the starters. It has awesome speed too. Though not used much competitively, it was my first fully evolved water type and a part of my first hall of fame, so nostalgia's playing a role too. But seriously, it looks good.

Bibarel is another one. It can learn almost all the HMs, super fang and can build dams, haha!
    Next up is Carracosta. No particular reason, I just think it's nice, and I love it. It's only water types for now. Will think of more later :^)

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Unpopular Pokemon you love

OMG this image is so cute, and the first Zigzagoon i cauth was in Pokemon Delta Emerald after hearing they pickup items

Anyway onto the underrated Eeveelution family:

-Glaceon : The other black cat/fennec of the eevee line than Flareon, it was overshadowed by it's meanier and better at killing dragon pokemon evolution☹️
    -Flareon : It's bassicly the first Eeveelution i get in games, it's fur it's fluffy and it's look is adorable, didn't knew it has the reputation in pokemon like Pan from Dragon Ball with all the hate memes😭
    -Jolteon : Those adorable electric fennecs are the pokemon anime's most hated eeveelutions, only one of them was useful and it was back in the indigo season, i kinda feel sorry for Ethan's Jolteon and Jolteon from episode 633, whom fates are unknown😩

Last edited:
    Years
  • Swalot for me. I like its design / concept. I guess its not "hated", but seldomly you'll find someone who likes it or even remembers it.
    I ended up giving it Thick Fat in my game because I liked it so much lol

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    So there are plenty of Johto Pokémon I love that seem to not be popular(and are not according to online rankings). For instance, I like the Hoppip line's design(though it's a pain in the butt to use), love sunkern line and have used it in multiple games(yes, I know it sucks, I don't care), and I LOVE the Sentret line. It's one of my favorite early normal Pokémon.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Adding Alakazam, in later generations it was overshadowed by the Eeevee evolution - Espeon and Ralts's evolved parents - Gardevoir and Gallade, it's also hard to get if you're playing pokemon games on an emulator, also i like it's german name - Simsala

Big Snort

Mope
    Years
  • I find Hypno to be such a cute Pokemon, but unfortunately, you won't find many that agree. 😢

It's so fluffy and sweet, and a lovely color too. Also, the pink of the psychic-type goes well with it!

Unpopular Pokemon you love

What a lovely creature.

Wolfieocelot

SWELLOW FOR LYF!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2020
    Masquerain. I've used two of them during my randomized nuzlockes and they were really useful :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Off the top of my head Jynx and Hypno. Also Tentacruel, Forretress, Walrein, Hippowdon, Golurk, Mandibuzz, Heatmor, Dhelmise. To be honest I'm not sure on the actual popularity of the Pokemon listed, but I rarely see anyone mention them.

Years
  • I'd probably say Masquerain is my favourite 'unpopular' Pokemon. I actually love its design and fell in love with it after watching Drew's Masquerain from the anime growing up (he had some really cool Pokemon btw). I don't really see it get too much love from fans and think it's a really elegant Pokemon - if only Surskit didn't have a 1% encounter rate!

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I don't really see it get too much love from fans and think it's a really elegant Pokemon - if only Surskit didn't have a 1% encounter rate!

1.Really? Becuase i have seen Surskit very often in Pokemon Sacred Gold, and i cauth an shiny
    2.Wow, i didn't knew searching for them is like searching for an Ralts x|

Years
  • 1.Really? Becuase i have seen Surskit very often in Pokemon Sacred Gold, and i cauth an shiny
    2.Wow, i didn't knew searching for them is like searching for an Ralts x|

Ahaha I'm not sure about in ROM hacks and similar games, but in the base Pokemon games Surskit almost always has a 1% encounter rate :) makes it an annoyingly rare Pokemon to find for how much I wanna use one!

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    I always though it's one of the most popular Pokémon from Kalos. I don't think I've seen anyone here who would hate it.

But aside from Klefki, it's most of the Gen II, V, VI and VII Pokémon, which I feel don't get enough credit. To be honest I really love designs from these gens more that let's say Gen I and IV. To pick a few: Audino and its Mega Form, Sunkern line, Ledyba line, Spritzee and Swirlix lines.

Also Nidoqueen > Nidoking.

It looks so nice😍 I am its biggest fan!

Back