• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Untitled Unova Game - DEMO 3 Available! Rebranding Soon!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    seeing tilesets like that make me want to switch from pokecrystal to essentials since im inept at tile art lmao, it's so beautiful

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    seeing tilesets like that make me want to switch from pokecrystal to essentials since im inept at tile art lmao, it's so beautiful

Thanks! This is actually done all in the Pokecrystal engine. It's crazy how under-utilized the graphics engine was in gen 2, lol. A lot of the new tiles I've been using were made by others though, particularly Rangi, she made mockups of like 3 different Unova maps in pokecrystal, and let me use the tiles from them, lol.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Question: How do I evolve Onix or other trade evolutions? Do you use a Link Stone in order to do that???

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Question: How do I evolve Onix or other trade evolutions? Do you use a Link Stone in order to do that???

There will be a document along with the final game explaining all of the evolutions. Here's everything different from the actual games:
    Spoiler:

All other evos are the same as the base games.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Another Map update.
    Original Nacrene City:
    utSiQVA.png

New Nacrene City:
    6w5eLlx.png

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My dude! This looks absolutely gorgeous. The tiles are so eye catching, it's crazy! Man, gamefreak could have really pushed the gameboy color to have quality graphics.

Thanks! I got a lot of help from Rangi and some of the pixel artists on her discord channel. It's crazy what we can do with this 20 year old hardware engine, lol!

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2021
    can't wait to see this game finish full, good job :)))))
    the golbat sprite in battle is broken :))

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Will Hilbert, Hilda, Nate and Rosa be added (as final bosses preferred)?

I don't have any concrete plans for them yet, though I haven't 100% decided what all will be in the postgame, so that could be a good suggestions for some optional extra fights.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    For some reason Demo 3 refuses to run after I patch it to a clean rom. Neither of the two visual boy emulators seem to be willing to run it.

Back