• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Cheshire

nite-owl loves to party
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    I have a question, can I get a secret key on diamond and transfer to platinum?

Years
    I have an US version of Pokemon Platinum and I was wondering if I'll have to wait for the UK Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection dates to get the Secret Key, Members Card and also Oak's Letter or is the event dates based on the country the game came from.

Last edited:

as2

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    Is anyone here going to the Regent Street event at Hamleys tomorrow?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I have a question, can I get a secret key on diamond and transfer to platinum?
    no Diamond cannot recieve the secret key, however if you have the Japanese version of Platinum and got the secret key when they released it way back when you can transfer the wonder card from the japanese version to the english version to obtain it that way.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I have an US version of Pokemon Platinum and I was wondering if I'll have to wait for the UK Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection dates to get the Secret Key, Members Card and also Oak's Letter or is the event dates based on the country the game came from.

IF they distribute the items at all (Secret Key is the only guarantee) and IF they distribute it via Wi-Fi, then yes, you can download it from wherever with your US copy, during a hypothetical US Wi-Fi distribution. A number of people who imported the Japanese version were able to get the Key and the Member's Card when Japan had their wi-fi distribution.

Serebii recently posted that he has a source that says Canadians can get the Secret Key either from TRU OR from local wireless. If that actually happens, or what will happen for a US distribution, is not yet known.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    When Platinum Pokemon Events?

So yeah, I never really knew what these 'Pokemon Events' were all about, but I heard you had to go somewhere on a certain date at a certain time just to get one of the special things that are given away at 'Pokemon Events' (Pokemon, Items, etc).

So has there been any Pokemon Events since Platinum was released in NA on March 22nd? If so which ones.

What all are exactly given out during these Pokemon Events, how does someone just give it to you when your there, and how do you know when they go on?

I heard something like one was coming up on April 19th (I could be wrong on the date) for the Secret Key to obtain different Rotom forms. Is this correct? How will it go down?

Basically:
    - What are Pokemon Events?
    - How do you know when they happen?
    - What all can you get from them?
    - Has there been any since March 22nd?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    1. What it sounds like.

2. Pokemon.com , though some fan sites have them up before their "officially" confirmed.

3. Depends on the event.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    1) Pokemon Events are times that Pokemon Company will give a legendary or special Pokemon away by Wi-Fi, Toys "R" Us, etc.
    2) Pokemon.com
    3) Special Pokemon, like Linnoone with ExtremeSpeed, TRU Shaymin which activates an event in Platinum to get Skymin
    4) There has been the TRU series, where Toys "R" Us gave out Shaymin, Regigigas (used to catch the three Regis in Platinum).

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    So you actually go to Toys R Us, and what do you do when your there? Do they do something to your game and then your leave or something, or what happens?

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    You would go there with the Mystery Gift option activated, then you would choose receive gift via Nintendo WFC and you would receive the ability to get the pokemon via a wondercard. Then you go to the green guy in a pokemart and you get the pokemon

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Serebii.net has the Canadian events (April 19th - April 26th), but they think the American events might happen within the same date as the Canadian events. Not too sure, though.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    The Kidd's right. And so far, here's what I know about that new US Milotic:

Video Game Championships Milotic
    Shiny: Yes
    Level: 50
    Item: Flame Orb
    Ball: Cherish
    OT (Not confirmed): VGC, maybe...
    ID (Also not confirmed): 05099 or maybe 05909
    Nature: Timid
    Place: Pokémon Event
    Fateful encounter at Lv. 50
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Moveset:
    Rain Dance
    Recover
    Hydro Pump
    Icy Wind
    It has a Classic Ribbon

Distribution dates: May 9th, 16th. 23rd, 30th, June 6th, 13th; all in 2009
    Distribution places (for each date, respectively): Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Phoenix, AZ; Dallas, TX; Philadelphia, PA; Nashville, TN.
    Distribution hours: Video Game Championships Hours (Not confirmed)

Apparently a carbon copy of the WCS Milotic we had last year...

Years
    If you go to www(.)pokemonplatinum(.)com and www(.)pokemon(.)com they have announced that they are letting you recieve the secret key between April 20th and May 12th, so be prepared and enjoy.

Last edited:

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    On another note,

The Secret Key event has just been announced for U.S. This item will allow you to unlock the room to allow your Rotom to change its typing/ form. It will be distributed over Wi-Fi and for those who don't have access to Wi-Fi, it will be held in participating Toys R Us stores.

Distribution dates are from April 20th to May 12th.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    How will the Secret Key be distributed over Wi-Fi?

Also, is this only for the US, or is it Canada to?

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    How will the Secret Key be distributed over Wi-Fi?

Also, is this only for the US, or is it Canada to?

It's for both Canada and U.S

It will be distributed over Wi-Fi through the Mystery Gift option.

Back