• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Say, there will be another time you can get the Secret Key other than this time? (gosh i hate my ***! too good im getting a better one..)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    It'll be easier for me to get the secret key from the toy store because I don't quite know how to use the wi-fi.

I don't live close to any wi-fi hotspots.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    Say, there will be another time you can get the Secret Key other than this time? (gosh i hate my ***! too good im getting a better one..)
    For the US:

On Wi-fi from 4/20/09 to 5/12/09

from TRU from 4/19/09 to 4/26/09

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    That doesn't quite help me ^

i asked for if the event will happen again. if not then.. :(

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Can the 10 Anniv Celebi be shiny?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Can the 10 Anniv Celebi be shiny?

The only way to tell is to gather all the 10 ANIV distribution carts and travel back in time the day before the event and look inside.

TLDR is there's nothing in the coding that rules out the possibility of a shiny. But I doubt any of them were handed out, or if they were then that anyone would actually trade them unless it was AR/Emerald cloned.

Years
    That doesn't quite help me ^

i asked for if the event will happen again. if not then.. :(
    It hasn't been released in Europe yet; you *might* be able to get it then, over wifi, since it should be possible to get it worldwide. Not sure if you need the appropriate region game though, or maybe just the right language (English) should do. I know I wasn't able to get the Oak's letter event for the Japanese platinum using a US cartridge, so ...

I'll try it when it comes out in Europe.

e: you can still get the Secret Key, it's still available over WiFi till the 12th.

Cheshire

nite-owl loves to party
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    Me and my friend went to a mcdonalds trying to use there wifi to get the secret key we found two acess points but i guess we werent close enough? we couldnt find a better spot and nobody that worked there knew what wifi was >_< help anybody?

Years
    Do you have a Starbucks nearby? You should be able to get WiFi access there (should say Bell-something, iirc), and doesn't require a password afaik. Chances are, the two you got at McDonalds weren't actually owned by McDonalds, but some other persons, which would have required a WEP key to access. Starbucks doesn't require that.

eh, probably too late now.

on second thought, if you hurry, you might be able to get it tomorrow.

ugh, nevermind. Starbucks requires you to register for a Starbucks card to access Wifi.

Last edited:
    Years
    Secret areceus event in platinum

Hey guys i was on serebii today and i found that there is a special feature in pokemon platinum,

When you get areceus (Forgive me if i spelt it wrong) you can take him to the
    oreburgh mine and then you will meat a moutain hiker.

This will only happen from july 19th to setember 30th in japan, if you go to see the 12th movie in japan you'd be given a specila areceus if you send the areceus over to plat a spcecial event will activate within the game. Only the special areceus given away will activate this event.

Read more?: Click here

You can read more of this at serbii ^^

So have you ever heard of this?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Hey guys i was on serebii today and i found that there is a special feature in pokemon platinum,

When you get areceus (Forgive me if i spelt it wrong) you can take him to the
    oreburgh mine and then you will meat a moutain hiker.

This will only happen from july 19th to setember 30th in japan, if you go to see the 12th movie in japan you'd be given a specila areceus if you send the areceus over to plat a spcecial event will activate within the game. Only the special areceus given away will activate this event.

Read more?: Click here

You can read more of this at serbii ^^

So have you ever heard of this?
    Merged this into the events sticky in the DPP forum. If it's related to a specific game, it doesn't go in Pokemon General.

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2010
    People from The Netherlands:

Who went to the Shaymin event @ Toys XL? (Wie ging er naar het Shaymin event in de Toys XL?)

I did, got myself a Shaymin. :D

Zet

Years
    Special Key event(Australia and New Zealand)(Also Connection Tour 09'))

Nintendo Connection Tour '09

May 25th, 2009 / News
    The Nintendo Connection Tour '09 will be hitting your local Shopping Centre during June & July. Dates and locations are as follows:
    QLD
    Carindale 27 & 28 June
    Pacific Fair 4 & 5 July
    VIC
    Southland 9 & 10 July
    Fountain Gate 11 & 12 July
    NSW
    Chatswood 18 & 19 July
    Parramatta 25 & 26 July
    WA
    Carousel 4 & 6 July
    SA
    Marion 18 & 19 July
    NZ
    Sylvia Park 8 & 9 August
    Plus, don't forget to bring along your Nintendo DS and your copy of Pokémon Platinum Version. Those who do can receive the special 'Secret Key' item into your game! The Secret Key lets you change Rotom's form in Pokémon Platinum Version.
    Please keep visiting nintendo.com.au for more details.
    It's about time Australia starting getting more events, though I can't wait till this Connection Tour hits Carindale

Wormow

Worminister
    Years
    Special Key event(Australia(Also Connection Tour 09'))

It's about time Australia starting getting more events, though I can't wait till this Connection Tour hits Carindale

Oops, I made a thread about that. I didn't know about this thread.

Sorry.

Zet

Years
    Well the posts might be merged or one gets deleted but after reading your thread. The Connection Tour does have battles you can do(you can win stuff as well just by being there)

Wormow

Worminister
    Years
    But, just a little thing, in 2007 it was called Battle Tour 07, but last year, it started being called Connection Tour 08, but no Pokemon battling. So I'm starting to have hopes and doubts on this. :(

Back