• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Update! Pokemon heart gold and soul silver 5/16/09

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • I hate how the rocket symbol isn't red enough but I just love the sprite. So awesome.
    New Azalea seems to be kicking. I just love that small glimpse of a flag. So much detail in this game.
    The well. Seems like you jump in.
    The Pokemon seems to be walking while you stop but meh whatever.
    The music. Elms Lab is okay not something I personally like but they did a decent job I'm impressed. Azalea though is just perfect. Hopefully it sounds a bit different from blackthorn. Like both are noticeably similar just a bit tweaked.
    Cannot wait for next weeks footage.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2011
    Anyone notice how the sprites were animated? Not sure if they removed that factor, or just for the beggining when you select your starters if they are supposed to move.

Don't know, we will have to wait for in battle gameplay to confirm this.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Anyone notice how the sprites were animated? Not sure if they removed that factor, or just for the beggining when you select your starters if they are supposed to move.

Don't know, we will have to wait for in battle gameplay to confirm this.
    They never animate them in the selection screen.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I didn't really get to hear Prof. Elm's lab music.

The well, it actually looks like a well this time and not a cave. It sticks to the meaning of the name, lol.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • for anyone who didn't click the link, I went and actually posted the video on the thread
    for future viewers:
    Spoiler:

Couldn't get the high quality fllb.de one since I don't really know how..

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Glad to have the vid linked onto the thread, but if you want a better quality, just click HQ on the lower rigth side of the video, it works out great for me.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    This is going to be quite a game, I can tell.

I like Cyndaquil's and Totodile's sprites, they're pretty cool. I like Chikorita's sprite the best though.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I loved the joke when the guys goes its not hoothoot is it? XD
    And also I love the music. Elms is a bit wanky but what can we do. Also I love how none of you noticed that the mart has a blue flag. So the PC would have a red one no? Also shouldn't we have a Pokemon Sunday thread in 1 piece? I mean as Serebii stated there will be new footage every week do it would be logical to have 1 thread for Pokemon Sunday in general.
    The new Elm's lab theme sounds exactly like the old one, excep with instruments instead of the 8 bit tracker tunes.

And wanky is the perfect word to describe it. Elm is the kind of guy who would have a happy-loopy over the top theme like that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    at 7 seconds i thought she was speaking spanish, it sounde like "Porque te Gusta" or, "Why do you like it?"

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I'm surprised those cast members on that Pokemon Sunday show haven't off'd themselves yet.

Years
  • Why do they all fall like that? Well, the girl doesn't even fall; she just goes to sit down. She seems like she's annoyed with it all. I like the music they play in the game. Azalea Town sounds lovely. (I wish they weren't yelling at the screen. I had the volume all the way up. :()

Back