• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: [UPDATED] 7 New Pokémon Leaked For Pokémon Sun & Moon

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • So it confirms the other Guardians will also be pokemon of each island. I was right on that woo!!

I also said we were going to be blindsided! I was right with that as well!! :D

As for the pokemon, I love mostly all of them, especially Vikavolt and Drampa. I can almost say with 100% certainty that Drampa isn't the first evolution and is probably a stage 2 or 3 pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Charjabug looks like a 9-Volt battery met with a bus..... and Vikavolt evolution is a way cooler Yanmega

Tapu koko being electric, being mentioned early in the game, and so many electric types released so far.. what is the story?

Drampa art needs to be made, so we can see some walker and dentures please...lol

Bruxish has a beautifully colored, but Purugly effect when looking at it.. Almost seems like a 2nd stage of a pokemon, too.

Cutiefly will be named Zika

But Togedemaru IS ADORABLE AND PUDGY!! no evolution needed

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I always wondered how they would incorporate a mop Pokémon. I didn't think they would do it as a Dragon, so kudos for the creativity.

Is that like a, box-car? Or a bus? The evolution is cool but I'm not really feeling the bus. Like the pointy beetle I only like it because of this gif.

Porcupine is round which is obligatorily cute so I'm neutral for now.

The bee is really the only one I'm attached to. The bee is pure and must be protected.

The bee is pure and must be protected.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The only ones I am not a fan of are Bruxish, but this could be a lot like Magikarp and Feebas. I mean I like the colors and stuff, but just not a fan and I think it is because of the lips and teeth. So I hope it evolves into something that looks amazing.

Not a fan of Charjabug, but that is usually common for all middle stage bug pokemon which are cocoons.

I love the name of Togedemaru, but looks a lot like Swirlix and seems to be a hedgehog.

Man there is a ton of Elec types with this batch. I love it!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I was just thinking about how I'd rank these guys and I'd say:

1. Drampa
    2. Tapu Koko (coolest looking legendary I've seen in a while)
    3. Bruxish
    4. Cutiefly
    5. Charjabug (has the edge over Vikavolt just because I think it looks funny)
    6. Vikavolt
    7. Togedemaru

I don't really hate the pikachu clone (it looks cute, but then it wouldn't be doing it's job if it didn't look cute :P) but I also don't care for it. It's pretty meh.

Overall a pretty strong batch of new Pokemon I think.

I get the feeling this is what they're announcing tomorrow. So I'm not expecting anything tomorrow, except maybe some extra details on these guys if they get posted to the official website)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm actually wondering if Tapu Koko is a legendary. I see a lot of people mentioning that it is, but we haven't actually been told that it is a Legendary Pokemon yet. Kinda makes me think of Arcanine lore and Zoroark. Maybe even Rotom level, like there is only 1 per game, but it's just a common Pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I'm actually wondering if Tapu Koko is a legendary. I see a lot of people mentioning that it is, but we haven't actually been told that it is a Legendary Pokemon yet. Kinda makes me think of Arcanine lore and Zoroark. Maybe even Rotom level, like there is only 1 per game, but it's just a common Pokemon.

I am doubting this. Tapu Koko and almost certainly based off the Tiki God, Kane. There are 4 tiki gods and they are said to be guardians of each island.

And the Strange Souvenir is a pokemon and it says it is a Legendary or Mythical.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    These are some incredible looking Pokemon. Hippie dragon might be my favorite.

I also like to watch how fast people change their avatars to custom art of new Pokemon minutes after they are revealed. {XD}

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • "Going back to simplicity," Sugimori said. Well I'm glad the designs are still more complex than simple.

About time we got a fly Pokémon. It's like the most common insect in the world, and it took Game Freak 7 generations to make one. Drampa looks like Valoo from Wind Waker. The two new Bug/Electric types are definitely evolved forms of Grubbin. Tapu Koko appears to be one of the four minor legendaries this gen due to its status as a guardian Pokémon, making it the first time a quartet will be available to catch in-game without one of being either an event legendary or introduced in another gen. There's our generic fish Pokémon and our Pikachu clone; the pattern continues.

I find it amusing how Bruxish is being massively hated for its looks. It seems to be the first 7th Gen Pokemon whose design is being massively hated solely for looking so ugly, but then again there's always that one ugly Pokemon from every new generation that gets universal bashing so maybe people will grow to love it when that bashing phase is over.

This mindset comes in mind. XD

Years
  • I didn't think you could make an electric rodent look sillier than Dedenne. I was wrong.

[UPDATED] 7 New Pokémon Leaked For Pokémon Sun & Moon

oh my godddd I love

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I am doubting this. Tapu Koko and almost certainly based off the Tiki God, Kane. There are 4 tiki gods and they are said to be guardians of each island. Not only that, but they also share the same name in English and Japanese, which is true for most legendary pokemon and a few other pokemon.

Name share between Japanese and English is also true for Rotom and Zoroark.

Tapu Koko also doesn't share English and Japanese according to Bulbapedia. Tapu Koko's Japanese name is Kapu Kokeko. While it's similar, they aren't the same.

Togedemaru apparently does share English and Japanese name.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm actually wondering if Tapu Koko is a legendary. I see a lot of people mentioning that it is, but we haven't actually been told that it is a Legendary Pokemon yet. Kinda makes me think of Arcanine lore and Zoroark. Maybe even Rotom level, like there is only 1 per game, but it's just a common Pokemon.

My gut feeling is that it is a legendary (as are the other three island guardians) but they'll have a special relationship with the island leaders. I don't think Hala really owns Tapu Koko (as in I don't think he'll keep it in a pokeball, since it can't really do it's job if it's stuck in a pokeball most of the time) but I still think it'll listen to his commands and respect him in some way.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    These new pokemon are exactly what I was looking forward to, the pokemon are odd looking but in a really interesting "new and foreign" kind of way. These pokemon sort of make me think of the tropical animals that are outstandingly bizarre looking but are also brightly colored and attention grabbing.
    I freaking love "Bruxish"! Don't hate on Bruxish just because she's beautiful and vibrant! The large sharp teeth don't look creepy or weird to me either! I've been okay with the new pokemon designs so far, but Bruxish is officially my favorite newly revealed pokemon. It just looks exciting and interesting, that typing is crazy awesome, that ability seems stupid amazing, I bet due to its types it will have a nice diverse move pool.

Bruxish is so far the first new pokemon that I've seen revealed that I definitely want to play around with and use on a team. Looking forward to finding out if it's a single stage pokemon or part of a family. I have a very strong feeling that Bruxish is a single staged pokemon with no other evolutions, even so I will still definitely use it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Name share between Japanese and English is also true for Rotom and Zoroark.

Tapu Koko also doesn't share English and Japanese according to Bulbapedia. Tapu Koko's Japanese name is Kapu Kokeko. While it's similar, they aren't the same.

Togedemaru apparently does share English and Japanese name.

Yeah that was my bad. They changed it on me within the last hour. At least Serebii did. I change my other post. I think the same name is true for box legends only and maybe mythicals.

But still, it is most likely Mythical or Legendary. Mainly because the Strange Souvenir I think said it depicted a mythical guardian or legend.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    My gut feeling is that it is a legendary (as are the other three island guardians) but they'll have a special relationship with the island leaders. I don't think Hala really owns Tapu Koko (as in I don't think he'll keep it in a pokeball, since it can't really do it's job if it's stuck in a pokeball most of the time) but I still think it'll listen to his commands and respect him in some way.

It really doesn't seem like it be a legend to me. It has folklore, but so do a lot of regular pokemon. Slowpoke was revered and worshiped in Azalea town and the people believed it to be the source of rain. Again we have the Rotom "Legendary" issue from early Diamond and Pearl. A few of common Pokemon overlap into legendary status and other Pokemon tend to get the "One of a Kind" treatment in the past. My gut feeling says that it's a normal Pokemon that'll get the "gifted" or "one of a kind" labeling but it isn't a legendary Pokemon. Just renowned and revered.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm really liking the designs of all the new Pokemon, including the ones we already have. From the starters to the Legendaries and Tapu Koko, they all have that exotic, tropical feel to them because of their designs and vibrant colors. Most tropical species in real life are the same way, their bodies have weird and interesting shapes to them, plus the vibrant colors.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    So we got Normal/Dragon and Bug/Fairy new types. And another Normal/Electric after Helioptile.

Back