• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: [UPDATED] 7 New Pokémon Leaked For Pokémon Sun & Moon

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I recognized it as an anglerfish as soon as I saw it. I hope it won't pull a Glameow and actually lose any beauty it has.

It's either gonna get really pretty, or become a really horrifying, full-blown anglerfish. With lipstick.

Maybe it will have a split evolution but at this point there's nothing to hint at that. Or maybe it will stay a solo line like Alomomola. I'm really interested to see its shiny colors, really.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It's either gonna get really pretty, or become a really horrifying, full-blown anglerfish. With lipstick.

Maybe it will have a split evolution but at this point there's nothing to hint at that. Or maybe it will stay a solo line like Alomomola. I'm really interested to see its shiny colors, really.

As I said in some other posts, I feel that it'll be a one stager like Basculin (and Alomomola too). Though I also think the same with Drampa.

It'll be quite something if it's shiny was monochrome...

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    I really do like Drampa, considering that it's the first Normal/Dragon type Pokemon. It seems like it's a Special Attacker due to its ability. I just do hope that its stats would place it in the OU tier.

Years
    I really do like Drampa, considering that it's the first Normal/Dragon type Pokemon. It seems like it's a Special Attacker due to its ability. I just do hope that its stats would place it in the OU tier.

Maybe Drampa could end up being the regional pseudo-legendary (that is if it's the final stage of a 3 stage line and has the 600 BST) and only the third one to currently have a unique typing, after Tyranitar and Hydreigon who are currently the only pseudo-legends with a unique type combination.

The only disappointment is that it has pretty much the same weaknesses as a pure Dragon aside from a Fighting weakness and Ghost immunity.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Bruxish appears to be a triggerfish, or some kind of other Hawaiian-native fish.

That's what I'm thinking, specifically the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a, Hawaii's state fish:

[UPDATED] 7 New Pokémon Leaked For Pokémon Sun & Moon

*Note: That wasn't my keyboard flipping out on me, that's the actual name of the fish. Try saying that 3 times fast lol.

Years
    That's what I'm thinking, specifically the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a, Hawaii's state fish:

That's likely the other fish I was thinking about, which does make sense considering this is a Hawaiian-based region. I did notice Bruxish has a bump on its head that actually opens up to look like a flower, which is definitely interesting.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I realized today that Braxish isn't the battery bug, but the fish xD. I thought it was the bug as it looks like a Block...
    I like Braxish (fish) actually. It looks kind of pretty if you ignore the teeth xD.

I actually like the combination of the big lips and the sharp teeth.

I guess it's just because it's a bit wild and unconventional.

Years
    Maybe Drampa could end up being the regional pseudo-legendary (that is if it's the final stage of a 3 stage line and has the 600 BST) and only the third one to currently have a unique typing, after Tyranitar and Hydreigon who are currently the only pseudo-legends with a unique type combination.

The only disappointment is that it has pretty much the same weaknesses as a pure Dragon aside from a Fighting weakness and Ghost immunity.

I'm getting Druddigon vibes from Drampa. Hopefully it'll at least get a female counterpart called Dramma. Even it's Japanese name is made up of the words for old man and dragon, so there's a chance for a old woman dragon. I can imagine them as a bickering old couple of dragons...

Years
    Drampa's new ability Frenzy seems to boost its Sp. Atk when it gets hit by an attack. Interesting if this ability will see it have competitive potential, particularly if he gets good stats on top of it.

Also this gif - Spearow for Alola Dex anyone?

Sirfetch’d

Having neutral Normal coverage is really good though imo. Besides, fighting isn't a hugely threatening weakness I guess. I am really hoping it gets a plethora of good special attacking moves like Nasty Plot, Boomburst, Draco Meteor, Psychic, etc.

Years
    Having neutral Normal coverage is really good though imo. Besides, fighting isn't a hugely threatening weakness I guess. I am really hoping it gets a plethora of good special attacking moves like Nasty Plot, Boomburst, Draco Meteor, Psychic, etc.

Boomburst or Hyper Voice could be a suitable Normal STAB if it ends up being a special attacker, which its ability could likely suggest.

Years
    Drampa's new ability Frenzy seems to boost its Sp. Atk when it gets hit by an attack. Interesting if this ability will see it have competitive potential, particularly if he gets good stats on top of it.

Also this gif - Spearow for Alola Dex anyone?

I'm getting flashbacks to the anime. I'm thinking that Tapu Koko saves us from an attack from Spearows....

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'm getting flashbacks to the anime. I'm thinking that Tapu Koko saves us from an attack from Spearows....

That's interesting. It might even be the time when we encounter it early in the game, because Hala had said during the festival that we have already encountered it.

Speaking of, I'm thinking back to when somebody in the audience referred to it as a "curious little thing" and I had hypothesized that Tapu Koko would be small in size going by that game dialogue.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019

At first I thought the three spearow were part of some kind of summoning ritual. Later realised it actually attacks the spearow and had no idea what was going on. That does make a lot of sense though as how you meet it early game. It probably saves you before you get your first pokemon to defend yourself.

Also I previously translated tapu koko's move as nature's light, it's actually nature's rage. I read "ikari" as "hikari" because of the fancy lights. Nature's rage makes it sound like a really threatening guatdian. It seems wuite aggressive especially with how it smites those poor spearow 😂😂

Years
    That's interesting. It might even be the time when we encounter it early in the game, because Hala had said during the festival that we have already encountered it.

Speaking of, I'm thinking back to when somebody in the audience referred to it as a "curious little thing" and I had hypothesized that Tapu Koko would be small in size going by that game dialogue.
    I think that Tapu koko might be small compared to most Pokémon, but bigger than Spearow.

Tapu Koko's feathers on it's head remind me of the 'comet' in the logos. Perhaps the guardians represent celestial bodies that aren't planets, satelites (moons), or stars.

Btw, I realized that in addition to possibly meaning 'sacred blood', etc. it's name might be a pun on the word 'Tropical'

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I think that Tapu koko might be small compared to most Pokémon, but bigger than Spearow.

Tapu Koko's feathers on it's head remind me of the 'comet' in the logos. Perhaps the guardians represent celestial bodies that aren't planets, satelites (moons), or stars.

Btw, I realized that in addition to possibly meaning 'sacred blood', etc. it's name might be a pun on the word 'Tropical'

Tapu Koko's feathers on its head also resemble the hat/crown that Hawaiian kings used to wear.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Drampa is my favorite Tapu Koko is a close second I like all the designs Pokemon seems to be trying something different with this gen and that's great yeah they're weird and kinda out there but it seems like they're supposed to be and I can't wait to see what the rest of 7th gen Pokemon will look like and in a year let's come back and see how we feel cause by then ours opinions could very much change

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    How many Pokemon do they usually reveal during the pre-release of a new generation?

I would actually rather that they don't reveal too many new Pokemon before we get the games. Makes it more of a surprise when you go through the routes and there's all this shit you've never seen before. What I really want to see is the things they're adding that'll make these games stand out from all the others. What new features will they add? What new mechanics might there be? What stuff is making a return? I want to know if they're going to make this more than just the same old stuff again, and how they're gonna do it.

The only new Pokemon that have interested me so far are Iwanko and Drampa, mainly due to their typings. Drampa is a brand new type combination, and one that includes Dragon, while Iwanko seems to be only of the early game mammals (think B/W Lillipup) but is Rock instead of Normal, which is different (it also means we get an early game Rock poke that not just a sentient boulder for once).

Looks like Competitive Battling is about to get flipped upside down. Again!
    competitive battling always gets flipped when there's a new gen lol

I just hope it flips in a good way and not a bad one

Back