• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

USUM ride Pokemon predictions

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    So far it looks like Mantine is confirmed. I hope they don't reuse the same ride Pokemon. I'm thinking maybe another Johto Pokemon as a ride Pokemon, Donphan maybe?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    I could see Donphan as a possibility, if they're doing completely new ride pokemon, maybe something like the new Tauros (though it lacks the speed) or Machamp (though it doesn't seem as comforting as being held by a Machamp)

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I could see Donphan as a possibility, if they're doing completely new ride pokemon, maybe something like the new Tauros (though it lacks the speed) or Machamp (though it doesn't seem as comforting as being held by a Machamp)

Donphan could be ridden like a unicycle or like this
    USUM ride Pokemon predictions

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Ampharos as a "Flash"?
    I would really love some sorts of floating around on a Jumpluff or 2 or 3. Hahah.
    (Going down the Johto path)

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Do you think all or most of the pokerides be gen 2 pokemon this time? In SM, there was mostly Gen 1 pokerides.

I want to see Steelix and Kingdra as possible pokerides. But i accept any new ones that GF gives since this is their games.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'd really like for the existing Poke Ride Pok?mon to be replaced with different Pok?mon just to change it up a bit. Mantine could replace Lapras, and I'd love for one of the regional birds i.e Swellow to replace Charizard.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
    Most people speculating Mantine to replace Lapras, but...
    ...What if Mantine actually replaces Sharpedo, in a sense that it flies over the rocks and gives no damn about them~

Jokes aside, if Dive were to make a return, Mantine could also be a possibility, but I rather Lanturn takes the role. Mamoswine (Which pre-evolution is Piloswine, a Johto-mon) was used in XY, so maybe it won't make a return? Ursaring could be the Machamp replacer, where the character can sit on the shoulder...?

We were hasty in making assumption that Johto-mon might involving alot, and that the original Poke Ride Pokemon would have changed, but hey, it's not a bad thing at all if Game Freak did these. And sad to say that Alolan Mantine is utterly denied, for now.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    The chances are slim but if Mantine is used for Dive I will be so freaking happy. Adding underwater routes would expand Alola a lot A-lol-LOT if you will.

As for new ones... Maybe bringing back Soar (either with Charizard or another flying Pok?mon) would be nice. Unlikely, but still would like it.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Where's my Gogoat? It was basically MADE to be a ride pokemon! I know it was already in XY but it's just too perfect for the job, It'd be even better if it replaced Tauros.

I'd also love to have Togekiss for flying but I don't see that happening.

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    The chances are slim but if Mantine is used for Dive I will be so freaking happy. Adding underwater routes would expand Alola a lot A-lol-LOT if you will.

As for new ones... Maybe bringing back Soar (either with Charizard or another flying Pok?mon) would be nice. Unlikely, but still would like it.

These are the two exact things I was thinking about for the pokeriding in USM.
    I think it would make a lot of sense to have Mantine for the purpose of diving. I would love for diving to return because it would give the Alolan Map so much more depth (literally and metaphorically).
    I also really want soaring to return since it was one of my favorite features in OR/AS. I thought for sure we were going to get it back when riding Charizard was first revealed in the S/M spoilers, but to my disappointment it was just the classic Fly. If they added soaring to USM it would fix one of my biggest personal problems with S/M which was the fact that the islands were not all interconnected for traveling.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I would like to see Noctowl as the flying ride pokemon. I think that would be pretty cool, and its a Johto pokemon.

also i totally second MKC on Gogoat to replace Tauros.

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Yea, repels shouldn't be replaced. They cost money, which makes the game slightly harder if you dont want to run into wild pokemon. By making Skuntank a wild pokemon, its too easy to avoid wild pokemon, which is kind of a main facet of the game.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I do not think Mantine will dive. There is not much point in diving in alola. I think it is a replacement of Lapras in surf.

Back