• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen V or VI?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Gen 6 for sure. It was obvious the DS run its course, and GF's tradition breaking wouldn't feel right in that gen.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Gen 6 for sure. It was obvious the DS run its course, and GF's tradition breaking wouldn't feel right in that gen.
    Coincidentally them not doing so helped keep one tradition, that the remakes come two systems after their debut system. (so if DP remakes come next gen, the next gen will likely be on a new system).

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Red, Blue, and Yellow remakes were released in generation three, and Gold, SIlver, and Crystal remakes were made available in four. If we're going by that pattern, RSE remakes should have been announced last gen, not this. Though, I could understand why they've skipped; if they hadn't, they would be having too many main-series DS titles. If you ask me, generation six is definitely the perfect time.

Personally, I'm very excited for it; have been waiting for a long, long time, and to finally see them give us these remakes is a dream come true.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I had always been in support of 3rd gen remakes, but only after a 6th generation on a new console. I remember back when the "big news" was announced that turned out to be XY, and some people were predicting that it might be RSE remakes, I was strongly against the idea.

The DS era was longer than any other handheld's era for the pokemon franchise, evident by it containing 2 generations, so expecting it to drag on was unrealistic, and Gamefreak was already behind in releasing a main series game for the 3DS.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Imagine if ORAS did arrive in Gen 5. If it did, it would already been obselete considering Wifi got shutdown. :/ I'm contented that it was released in Gen 6.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Truth to be told, I honestly felt it was a wasted opportunity for Gen V not to begin on the 3DS. Gen V had one aim of exposing Pokemon to potential new players - like how the first players of pokemon enjoyed Red and Blue. The DS was already a dated console then. It would be a lot better if Gen V arrived sometime during the 3DS launch window.

I didn't really like Gen V, but that's partly because Gen V feels rather similar to Gen IV. Besides the awful linearity in the storyline, there weren't many compelling differences. Even though the attractive buildings of Castelia City and the ultra cool Skyarrow Bridge showed some difference, large parts of the game felt similar to the Gen IV ones, at least that was how I perceived it to be. I believe that I'll enjoy BW/BW2 a lot more if it were on the 3DS.

It was definitely the right move for Gamefreak to release Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire on the 3DS. However if Gen V and VI were both on the 3DS, I'm very sure XY, needless to say ORAS, will look much better than now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Red, Blue, and Yellow remakes were released in generation three, and Gold, SIlver, and Crystal remakes were made available in four. If we're going by that pattern, RSE remakes should have been announced last gen, not this. Though, I could understand why they've skipped; if they hadn't, they would be having too many main-series DS titles. If you ask me, generation six is definitely the perfect time.

Personally, I'm very excited for it; have been waiting for a long, long time, and to finally see them give us these remakes is a dream come true.

Yup, that pattern is broken, however the Console pattern is still strong :) So we should expect DP remakes on the 3DS Advance :P .

@ slayerz96 Yeah, they certainly did. However I heard GF had issues with making games on the DS, so perhaps Gen V was meant to avoid that with the 3DS while refining their skills at making games for the DS.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I think it was good to wait for the new Ds for the remake because of the technology jump.
    However, i wonder about another fr/lg remake, since it was the same generaqtion as ruby sapphire, but it sounds very odd. Overally i would found it strange at all if there are any remakes at all in the future.

Back