• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen V or VI?

xX Untouchable Xx

Everything Is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2016
    Would you have liked a R/S remake in Gen. V, or Gen. VI?

So there would be a D/P remake (probably) in Gen. VI.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    A R/S remake in Gen V would have been a waste, in my opinion. The 3DS was already out when Black and White were released, I believe, so the effort that would have been put to another Gen V project was better used on getting Gen VI out the door. For that matter, Gen III to Gen V would have easily been the least impressive technical leap out of the remakes so far.

Gen I to Gen III - big
    Gen II to Gen IV - also big
    Gen III to Gen V - not very big
    Gen III to Gen VI - huge

I like Pokemon's future in 3D handhelds (where 3D refers to the graphics engine, not to the thing you get glasses for in a movie theater). By waiting until Gen VI, they've given the R/S remakes a chance to really shine.

As for D/P remakes, I hope those don't happen until the game engine undergoes another really big improvement in Gen VII or VIII or whenever it happens (jeeze, it feels ridiculous to even mention a Gen VII. At this rate Pokemon's roman numerals will outpace Final Fantasy's). Game Freak would do better to wait longer between generations now so that the jumps are more impressive and so they don't run out of ideas for new kinds of Pokemon as fast--though it may already be too late for that last one, lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I like the Gen 6 remakes of Ruby and Sapphire as X and Y added a lot of interesting new things to the games. I reckon that we'll have a 3D's remake off D/P so they can add in more Mega evolutions.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I feel it was best for the remakes to happen in Gen 6 because if it was released in Gen 5, then, it would be on the same system as HGSS.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Gen V was released towards the end of the DS era, so focusing energy to make a remake on both a console with limited days and on the same console as another remake was on would seem like a massive waste.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Of course I felt sad that Ruby and Sapphire were not remade in Gen V. Almost everyone was expecting it to happen. Thankfully it didn't. The 3DS is far more superior in every aspect compared to the DS and Nintendo Wi-Fi connection is gone.

If Ruby and Sapphire were to be remade in Gen V, it won't be as significant either. The leap from GBA to DS was just one generation. The 3DS was released during the period of B2W2. Releasing another DS game then wouldn't make much sense.

I'm listening to this now. I'm sure the actual version would sound better than this, and I'm super psyched. This kind of music is barely possible with the DS.

Years
    I'll admit, I was really hoping RSE would receive remakes in Gen. V, especially since it'd follow suit (as RGB were remade in Gen. III and GSC in Gen. IV); however, I'm glad GF waited until the main games changed to glorious 3D. Also, thinking about it now, it would've been silly for the Hoenn remakes to come after BW2. With the 3DS being out, it wouldn't be good to make the remakes for DS, and it'd be odd for the first set of main Pokemon games to be remakes for the 3DS, so I feel it was good that XY came before ORAS.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I originally wanted them to come out in Gen V but after B2W2 came out I changed my mind and wanted them to delay them. As I saw that the DS was already at the end of it's life, plus a Gen VI Hoenn would look better than a Gen V Hoenn, and that was before XY even showed us Gen VI style graphics :P

Years
    I think now is the perfect place for them. RSE was the first Pokemon game with a new flourish of colorful graphics, and it's only fitting that they're remade in the generation that yet again introduces an entirely new style of graphics to the series. Wouldn't have minded if it was in gen V, but this, I think is the best place for it.

Years
    I think now is the perfect place for them. RSE was the first Pokemon game with a new flourish of colorful graphics, and it's only fitting that they're remade in the generation that yet again introduces an entirely new style of graphics to the series. Wouldn't have minded if it was in gen V, but this, I think is the best place for it.

That's true (and FrLg too of course), with DPP providing the following graphical revolution, and XYOrAs providing the latest one (at least imo). I'm loving how they didn't follow the XY color style though.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    I would have liked to see Hoenn re-done on the DS, but, this has literally blown me away, we were all expecting Hoenn remakes for DS, but X and Y for 3DS came along, so, we moved our possible outlook to 3DS and WHAMMO! When we weren't looking, Nintendo blind sighted us with OR/AS.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I would have preferred it to be on Gen V due to the graphics of that era being tolerable compared to what they did graphic wise in VI. Then again, I never could get used to Pokémon being in 3D unless you count the console spinoffs now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I think Generation Six is the perfect time for these games to come out. Generation Three sent a lot of older fans packing and brought a lot of newer fans into the series. X and Y managed to reach out and bring back a large portion of the fanbase that had wandered away.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire has the opportunity to right the wrongs that sent the previous batch of fans away and has the opportunity to let the new generation of fans have their first experience of Pokemon-brand nostalgia.

Generation Five might have brought some fans back, but not nearly to the extent that X and Y seems to have. Generation Five would likely have had less new and exciting features because there would be less resources for them to develop the game. After all, Black 2 and White 2 are completely different games from their predecessors so they took more work most 'third' installments.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    I think Gen 6 was preferable for the remakes. Hoenn is huge, with lots of different environments. The jump to 3D will allow it to shine far better then a 2D remake in Gen 5 would have.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I think this is a good place for RSE remakes to be. Gen 6's graphics allow this experience to truly become a new one, because if they were remade in Gen 5 we would ultimately still have semi top-down graphics. I think they wanted to make ORAS seem as new as possible while retaining the core elements of the games, and by recreating them in the graphic style that is drastically different they are definitely achieving that.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I agree that Gen VI was perfect for RSE remakes. The improvement from III to V, like others have said, really isn't enough. There's not much of a difference between IV and V in terms of graphics quality, so it would have been a lot like having XY remade immediately for the next gen.

Am I the only one who'd like to see FRLG in VI form as well? Maybe it's just my nostalgia talking, but it'd be so cool to play essentially the original game on the newest handheld. I know it's highly unlikely to happen (I'm assuming they'll do the Sinnoh games next) but I still think it'd be AWESOME.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a FR/LF remake. My idea is that OR/AS (2014) will come out then A Pokemon Z (2015) a FR/LG (2016) remake then a D/P (2017) remake.

Years
    I always had thoughts of what they would look like if they were made in Generation V and the animated sprites. But since it's this time and day, i'm certainly cool with them being in this age, what with Mega Evolutions and the 3D style.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Eventually I have a feeling that they will make a pokemon game with every region in it, but you have to download it via DLC.

Anyways, I am very glad they held off on remaking RS. Now it is in 3D and I love it.

Years
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a FR/LF remake. My idea is that OR/AS (2014) will come out then A Pokemon Z (2015) a FR/LG (2016) remake then a D/P (2017) remake.

Three sets of remakes in one generation? I don't think GF will go so remake crazy on us. I'm seeing it play as this XY (October,2013), ORAS (November,2014), Z (December, 2015) (and possibly Delta Emerald being released along with Z as a third version bonanza), Gen VII Pair (January, 2017 on the 3DS' successor), Third version/sequels (Feburary, 2018), DP remakes (2019 which will be 13 years after the originals came out).

I think there is no better time for Hoenn than this generation (as Gen V was on an outdate system, and Gen VII is a far too late imo).

Back