• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: VPP Community DCC - Ask questions & chat!

Years
    • Age 35
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Oh I'd definitely be down for a Crobat. Tangrowth/Carnivine are pure Grass types though so perhaps try those first ? Well one of them anyway.
    Whiscash, Roserade (& Crobat) are in season now and will still be in season next VPP season. Could do either Tangrowth or Carnivine and then do those two?
    Need three more for Lilligant so one of the two would be enough if we do Whiscash & Roserade. Personally I like Roserade & Whiscash more than either of those =P

I don't have Vespiquen & Yanmega either yet which would be in season for Flying, but I guess you do have them.

Hmm... perhaps just start with Roserade as next one ?
    Not sure if you have a preference between Tangrowth/Carnivine. It's a coin flip for me =P
    No major preference between Tangrowth and Carnivine. Might be tough to squeeze in all these spring and summer discounted Pokemon. Goes along with raising Roserade for now. Reassesses the situation after that. Worst case scenario: a few more posts for some mono-grass type.

Will post in the Obtain thread shortly.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Couple of quick questions which came to my mind;

1. What is the impact of Hemisphere in obtaining Pokemon ?
    2. What is idea for Urshifu ?
    1. Affects the seasonal discount. Lowers the required posts by 15. Discounts things like Ice types in December, January, and February for the Northern Hemisphere and Fire types for the Southern Hemisphere. Check the Seasonal tab of the Rules thread for the full list. (Discounts every type throughout the year.)

2. Treats it as a legendary. Must wait ten Pokemon between legendaries to raise another legendary. (May raise your first legendary as soon as you meet the requirements.) Per the rules thread:

Urshifu (Single Strike) ~ 2 Fighting, 1 Dark
    Urshifu (Rapid Strike) ~ 2 Fighting, 1 Water

So, two Fighting types regardless. Requires a Dark or Water type, depending on which style you want.

Oh, right. Allows users to raise Gigantamax Pokemon. Costs a lot of points to buy the Gigatamax Band (1200 points) to be able to Gigantamax anything and a Gigantamax Candy (500 points) per Pokemon you wish to Gigantamax. Still needs all the standard legendary stuff for Gigantamax Urshifu as well.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    So in this case, if I want both variants of Urshifu, then I need to summon Kubfu two times, or is it limited to one per account since Kubfu was introduced via DLC ?
    Does not need to summon Kubfu first. Trains up Kubfu and evolves it as part of raising an Urshifu, similar to going from Impidimp to Grimmsnarl. Would give you a stat block like this:

Kubfu @ 0
    Hatch: 15
    Urshifu (Single Strike) @ Level 100: 240
    Shiny: Yes

(Writes "Hatch" for all Pokemon, despite many not being able to be found in eggs.) Could raise a Kubfu on its own, if you want. Requires 3 Fighting for that. Takes the same number of posts to raise as the above Urshifu.

May summon multiple Urshifus, or just about any Pokemon, for that matter. Could raise fifteen Mews, if so inclined. (Actually needs Mew to complete two different challenges. Cannot do that with just one Mew.)

Back