• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP ~ Virtual Pokémon Pet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Finished my Sawsbuck! Onto the next grass type!

Name: Noblejanobii
Pokémon: Morelull
Northern or Southern Hemisphere: Northern

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Floatzel done just give me the Starly I need to finish this CHALLENGE!!

Name: TheAlmightyBlaziken
Pokémon: Starly

Starly @ 786
Hatch @ 801
Staraptor @ Level 100: 961
Shiny: Yes

Ah, of course I miss the GT Challenge. u_u;; Oh well, most importantly is that as of this post, my Diancie is complete! :DD Now, I would like to move on to Morelull, which will officially put me at 6/6 for the Fairy type challenge!

Name: Fairy
Hemisphere: Northern​

Please & thanks as always Caite!!

Morelull @ 8,654
Hatch @ 8,669
Shiinotic @ Level 100: 8,829
Shiny: No

When you finish this one you just need to post which ones you are using for the challenge.

Finished my Sawsbuck! Onto the next grass type!

Name: Noblejanobii

Morelull @ 981
Hatch @ 996
Shiinotic @ Level 100: 1,156

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
A New Challenge is NOT Approaching

Got your attention didn't I. xD So what I'm looking for is opinions and thoughts from you guys. I'm always looking for ways to keep the VPP from getting stale. The ones I tag in this post are my most active Trainers (which is why you got that random tag about a week or so ago it's my way of keeping track of all of you and tag you all at once.) But those who are apart of VPP but not as active please feel free to toss things in. You guys very much have a voice in this as well.

What do you guys want to see? Is there something that doesn't make sense? Is there too much? Or maybe not enough? Do you have an idea?

Back when this first started on Pokemon Elite 2000 all we had was raising Pokemon which at that time took about 400 posts (I think....I'm old and don't remember...lol.) and raising Legendary...that's it. Once PE2K vanished after some several many years it was picked up by members at Pokemon Crossroads and still didn't really have much of anything like it does now. Once it started dying out I took it over and kept adding more to it and then lowered the numbers to what they are now to make it seem less hard. Then it got to the point where it was just me and one other person doing VPP and that's it. I came back here after many, many, many years and brought VPP with me. Not going to lie but you guys are making it feel like it use to be back on PE2K and I love it.

I've been kicking around the idea of making badges for you guys to earn. It will be like challenges but more for the numbers but I'm still not sure how I want it to go about it.

Spoiler:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Ooooh, I love the idea of badges! ^__^ I was planning to implement a badge system for the entire Pokémon Trivia section a few years back, but unfortunately I wasn't able to follow through with it.

As for how badges could work, maybe every time a trainer finishes raising a certain number of Pokémon from a specific region, that trainer can receive a badge from that respective region in chronological order? For example, if you raise 5 Kanto Pokémon, you'd receive the Boulder Badge, and if you raise 10 Kanto Pokémon, you'll earn the Cascade Badge! Does that make sense?

All in all, I think you're doing a great job running VPP, Caite!! There's nothing about it that I'm dissatisfied with! Keep up the great work! <33333333

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
Years
Ah, badges I would love to have badges in VPP, and I think that if we use Distant's Idea, then we would have to raise a total of 40 pokemon to get all 8 badges for that region which will probably take too long but it's still a good idea it will be a challenge.
And another Idea it's you have to raise the gym leader's first team like if you want to get the Boulder Badge, you need to raise Geodude and Onix.
Misty, you need to raise Staryu and Starmie Lt. Surge you need to raise Voltorb, Pikachu, and Raichu, etc
so do you see where I'm going with this?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I love the idea of badges!! Like, maybe an old school Gen 1 gym leader series of VPP, like Blaziken said! So you can go though Kanto badges, Johto badges, etc etc. And once you collect all eight from a specific region, you can choose one legendary from that generation maybe?? I don't know it definitely needs to be developed further but I think this is a wonderful idea. :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I've thought about that but the only issue I see with that is that it's a lot of repeating or the same thing. I don't want it to be too similar to the challenges as well. Unless we want to keep it all about numbers. For the most part challenges are all about certain Pokemon you must raise. Unless we want to get rid of all of the type challenges.

Something I just thought of for example:

Boulder Badge - Raise pure Rock type Pokemon.
Bronze - 5
Silver - 10
Gold - 15
Platinum - 20

Then at some point I'll have to try and make 4 versions of each badge to hand out. We could do the same again with another badge for Rock type Pokemon so they don't have to be pure. Then we can come up with something else for left over badges.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
The only issue with that is not every type has very many pure types and I'm only counting final evolutions.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Oof, silly me. Thanks for reminding me

Name: WizardOfOdd
Pokémon: Skorupi
Northern or Southern Hemisphere: Southern

Skorupi @ 273
Hatch @ 288
Drapion @ Level 100: 448

Last edited:
Years
Name: Seteth
Pokémon: Stufful

my brother told me to check this out so I did
also, he said I could claim something called a birthday VPP or whatever he said. my brothers blaziken if your wondering who it is

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Name: Seteth
Pokémon: Stufful

my brother told me to check this out so I did
also, he said I could claim something called a birthday VPP or whatever he said. my brothers blaziken if your wondering who it is

Stufful @ 10
Hatch @ 25
Bewear @ Level 100: 185
Shiny: Yes

It's always great to see new people join in on the fun. You just need to let me know when your birthday is and you can always PM me if you don't want everyone to know. Don't forget to start your Breeder Stats. And let me know if you have any questions. :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Ahh my birthday Its August 25th and I don't really mind letting other people know I think my brother did the same so Imma do it too

You'll have the week of your birthday to claim it as long as it's not a Legendary.

TheAlmightyBlaziken

Pretty cool if I do say so myself
Years
And I'm done with the Sinnoh Challenge 200 VPP points and a free VPP just landed right in my pockets
I'll take Goodra

Name: TheAlmightyBlaziken
Pokémon: Froakie

a question can I use Goodra for a legendary and a Challenge?

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
Name: the_fast_reader
Pokémon: Bellsprout

Charmander is done!
Question, if I use this one for the "raise 6 shiny" challenge I have to raise another Charizard for the Ash challenge, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back