• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Wardrobe/Customization & Hair Options Discussion

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • Since it isn't a new feature, I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to give it away. Maybe, if they did in fact purposefully shroud the customization feature in recent trailers and screenshots at E3 to reveal it during the Get TV slot. I definitely want it to come back, so I can waste hours trying different dresses on May, haha! c:

And just to mess with you, her wardrobe will take after Sapphire from Pokemon Adventures and all her clothing will be tomboy inspired ;)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Since it isn't a new feature, I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to give it away. Maybe, if they did in fact purposefully shroud the customization feature in recent trailers and screenshots at E3 to reveal it during the Get TV slot. I definitely want it to come back, so I can waste hours trying different dresses on May, haha! c:

Maybe not to the franchise, but for a Hoenn game it will be. They probably will want to surprise us with all the different customization clothes they have for those two...at least I hope that's why we haven't seen anything.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • I really hope they bring back character customization. They'd be taking a huge step backward if they didn't. I hope to see the option to be able to take off your hat, for one. Also, more hair style options for both genders. The clothing options for females in X/Y were pretty good, but I hope to see more (for guys, as well).

I can just imagine the Lilycove Boutique, omg. Please bring back character customizations Gamefreak, I will die if you won't. ;_;

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • If Contest don't return, maybe the contest halls in RSE could be replaced with the boutiques. Considering not much has changed in the Hoenn Map in terms of city placement except Mauville City. Hoping that isn't the case because I really want contests to return.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • If Contest don't return, maybe the contest halls in RSE could be replaced with the boutiques. Considering not much has changed in the Hoenn Map in terms of city placement except Mauville City. Hoping that isn't the case because I really want contests to return.

The map doesn't show a good example of the buildings that might be available in the cities, so there might still be hope of some boutiques in addition to contest halls (or vice versa if you want to get technical.) Plus there were some unused houses in Lilycove, I think.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • It was so well received, they pretty much have to bring it back. But, like Poke Marts temporarily returning, I think character customization MIGHT take a break for ORAS, but don't quote me on that.

Years

I think they'll add in boutiques to the Marts since they're theorized to have returned. Some could be larger in some towns signalling they have boutiques in them, while those that don't will be small like in the originals.

Years
  • It was so well received, they pretty much have to bring it back. But, like Poke Marts temporarily returning, I think character customization MIGHT take a break for ORAS, but don't quote me on that.

Honestly, I wouldn't be devastated if it didn't return. Sure, it's fun and everyone loves customization features in video games, but May and Brendan's redesigns are amazing and look so adorable in the new graphics, I could live with being restricted to their default clothing, haha. Maybe Game Freak will see Get TV as an opportunity to uncover clothing customization in ORAS! o:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • As much as I really want customization, it really wouldn't feel right putting Brendan and May in different clothes... unless, and I will keep harping on this, their Emerald clothing is made available!

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • As much as I really want customization, it really wouldn't feel right putting Brendan and May in different clothes... unless, and I will keep harping on this, their Emerald clothing is made available!

But.... Nintendo already put them in different clothes. We need customization purely for bandannas!

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm losing hope that it'll return too, and I would be one of the few that's devastated if it doesn't. xD I've wanted to customize May ever since character customizations were revealed. At the same time though, I dunno....it just wouldn't feel right to see May in different clothes. Perhaps they will just give us access to her and Brendan's older outfits, as someone else said.

Years
  • Honestly, I wouldn't be devastated if it didn't return. Sure, it's fun and everyone loves customization features in video games, but May and Brendan's redesigns are amazing and look so adorable in the new graphics, I could live with being restricted to their default clothing, haha. Maybe Game Freak will see Get TV as an opportunity to uncover clothing customization in ORAS! o:
    The fact that I have to disagree with you on this is why I'd push for customization.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

The Pokemon follow-me feature was also really well received, but it never came back! Customization in the sense of clothes (I believe they should let us change the skin & hair color at least!) might be a XY-only thing just like follow me was HGSS-only.

Years
  • The fact that I have to disagree with you on this is why I'd push for customization.

That's an important point of customization, it allows the player to create a character they personally enjoy, especially for individuals who may not appreciate the default design of Brendan and May. For that reason, I feel customization should be a mandatory addition to ORAS. However, seeing as they only implemented such a thing to Pokemon after 5 generations without it, Game Freak may not have the same views on it.

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
  • The Pokemon follow-me feature was also really well received, but it never came back! Customization in the sense of clothes (I believe they should let us change the skin & hair color at least!) might be a XY-only thing just like follow me was HGSS-only.

The Pokemon following thing is no precedent for this. They got rid of it because they were moving to Black and White and with all the other things going on, and the partial 3d rendered world, they probably couldn't make it work. (and before you say anything, it is CONFIRMED that BW were in progress BEFORE even Platinum's release.) Matter-of-fact, I'd be willing to bet money that the character customization isn't gone, at least not for good.

Years
  • The Pokemon following thing is no precedent for this. They got rid of it because they were moving to Black and White and with all the other things going on, and the partial 3d rendered world, they probably couldn't make it work. (and before you say anything, it is CONFIRMED that BW were in progress BEFORE even Platinum's release.) Matter-of-fact, I'd be willing to bet money that the character customization isn't gone, at least not for good.

That's true. There was also the fact that BW introduced a lot of new Pokemon. They may have been overwhelmed to make new overworld sprites for the new Pokemon in time. It's possible they may bring back the follow- me feature in future games still.

Anyways HgSs were also at the end of the generation. I don't think that many features have been cut off from the beginning of the generation games (XY in Gen VII's case) that don't appear in the rest of that generation's games. HgSs for example actually expanded on the follow-me feature in the Hearthome city park. FrLg introduced the Vs. Seeker for rematches against normal trainers so it wouldn't leave out the rematches seen in RS. So it'll be really odd if customization was suddenly gone for the middle of the generation...

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I'd love it if PokéMarts were once again integrated into the Pokémon Centers and the blue-roofed buildings were actually boutiques, but GF wants to cater to "nostalgia" instead of advancing the game...

Personally I hope the clothes are not the same as in X and Y. There would be no point actually, since Hoenn is a tropical region. If they're the same, and there are salons and other things, I'd have to question why customization is in the game, because then what would be the point of playing as Brendan/May? They could be replaced by any other generic character.

Back