• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Was Platinum worth it?

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
    Years
    Platinum was worth it in my opinion. It had the Battle frontier, some exclusive characters that Diamond and Pearl never had (Looker and Charlion(Spelling)). It even made the Galactic grunts were cleverer than they were in Diamond and Pearl. But, there were still improvements to be made in it.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
    Years
    Platinum was alright. I was more excited to play it than I was to play D/P.... mainly because I hated d/p. Platinum was a nice remake, small things like wifi plaza and battle frontier were a nice touch.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2014
    In my opinion, Platinum was defiantly worth it. I got a lot more enjoyment from Platinum then I did when playing Diamond. It just improved on a lot and overall was a better game in comparison.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
    Platinum was much better than D/P in my opinion. It had much more post-game stuff, and a lot more to do overall. I liked Battle Fronteir, and had enjoyment with the move tutors. It added things to the game.
    I loved the distortion world puzzle, I want more of that!

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Well it was pretty much exactly the same as DP except for a few things. They were all awesome games though. Then again, all Pokemon games are awesome. But I did really like it. I liked it so much that I bought 2 copies XDDDD

Years
    I like to think of the 3rd to the set of pokemon series's to be an addition to the prior games. For that reason, I held off in getting Diamond or Pearl for as long as I could...then I bought Diamond anyway.

But still, had I gone through with my plan, I probably would've been satisfied. I bought Soul Silver because I figured there wouldn't be the need for a Crystal remake. For the most part, I've been right so far.

Final verdict on platinum though, is that I really enjoyed it, and the story was different enough for me to enjoy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2012
    Platinum was a definite step up from Diamond and Pearl. In D/P, I finished the game and said "meh" due to the lack of post story content. But in Platinum, there was enough added to post game to make me keep going, and now Platinum is my best game. I liked how Heatran was actually given a purpose, (does anyone actually remember that Legendary? Lol.) with the last ditched attempts of Galactic to stay afloat.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2017
    It was one of, if not, the best game of Gen IV IMO. The Giratina storyline was absolutely top-notch, the Distortion World has one of my favourite soundtracks to it. The Move Tutors were added into it, which made it better for getting the moves you couldn't ever have gotten otherwise. Sure HGSS had the tutors, but Platinum was just great in general. The slight pauses were removed too, and that was great to get rid of.

Also, best moment happens to be when Cyrus opens the Distortion World, and Giratina appears as a shadow. Then Cyrus says something but is cut off as Giratina just leapts out at your screen. Gets me every time, so when I get a 3DS...I'll be leaping out of my seat.

TL;DR, Yes it was worth it.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
    I loved Platinum, more so than Peal and Diamond. The bit with Giratina, as well as the Distortion World really made it for me. The same way I thought Emerald > R/S because of Rayquaza.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years
    Platinum wasn't much better than Diamond/Pearl. I only liked out how the Poketch could be scrolled in two directions and the Distortion World. But ironically i spent more time on Platinum than my Diamond.

Back