• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Was Platinum worth it?

chase545

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    well i dont no becuse i never had it but its looks kind of boring

Cresselia*

Ace trainer
    Years
    I've played Diamond and Pearl before it, so I knew the storyline. But I think the graphics improved, like speed, moves, those kind of stuff.
    It was WORTH(!) it!

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    I never played D or P, but compared to what I saw of my brother´s Pearl,

THE EXPERIENCE WAS WORTH IT!!!

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    Definitely worth it in my opinion. It took the 4th gen games to a whole new level. My favorite part? Yup, Battle Frontier.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yes, I loved Diamond & Pearl but I seemed to love Platinum ten times more, even though it was virtually the same I just had alot more fun and played alot longer on it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Imo not really, Diamond and Pearl are good enough by far without needing a sequal. Platinum has a lot of changes but none of them really add much. The story is worse on platinum in my opinion and I love how on Pearl you have to beat Veilstone and Pastoria before going back to Hearthome. :p

Kelp

<3
    Years
    I just actually played through Platinum only recently, and I thought it was well worth it. There were a ton of pokemon not previously available, and not to mention the addition of the Battle Frontier.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I've never actually completed Platinum fully. I bought the game back around the release date, I endured the terrible speed because I was excited for the game. Anyway, the game was actually worth it. If the slow speed wasn't there, it would of been my most favourite game in the Pokemon series. :) The Battle Frontier addition was nice along with the gym leader and elite 4 rematches.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I think Platinum was so worth it. Not only did it have better graphics and a few minor storyline differences, but even the battle system was sped up a bit, a HUGELY welcome addition.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
    [SIZE="a"]Plat was so worth it since i didnt play diamond and stuff :P but yeah i loved it and then played through diamond and i thought plat was a better flowing game and rotom forms! :)[/SIZE]

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
    Yes it was!

Yes, I loved Platinum, now get this, I own Pokemon FireRed, Pokemon HeartGold, Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Black, I just bought Pokemon Platinum the other week! I had already played it as a ROM and finished it, but I wanted the real game!

Dr. McNinja

Sir Harold of England
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2011
    I have owned every main pokémon game ever made, and platinum is one of the best. Massive improvement on D/P.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    Platinum is definately worth it, with its fixed speed and updated areas, trainers, animations, etc. It was worth while.

DiabloMask

Pokemon creator
    Years
    I didn't play pearl or diamond, so i picked platinum
    but if you already played one of them, then save your mony for
    white and black!

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    I think it was worth it, even though I didnt buy it and got it as a gift. Back in early '06, I believe when diamond/pearl came out, I got it the day it came out and I remember playing it nonstop. Though I don't exactly play Platinum non-stop, just every once in awhile, I think it's a fun game, and definitley worth your money. HELL, ANY POKEMON GAME IS WORTH YOUR MONEY!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2012
    -A few different form for pokemon already in D/P
    -Distortion world... well... nothing special.
    -Faster... appreciated.

But 2 events supposed to be for D/P were only availabe for Platinum. So let's say it worth the buy.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Pokemon Platinum was ultimately better then Diamond and Pearl. It contained all the features that Diamond and Pearl lacked. It would have been worth it at the time but HeartGold and SoulSilver changed that having similar new features and extras.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
    I actually bought Platinum WELL before I got Diamond, but honestly, Platinum was one of my favourite games. The story flow was so much better than that of DP. I also loved the different formes of Pokémon, like Giritina's origin forme. I really wished they would've kept the Distortion World a secret in the ads, but the game needed more to offer so they kinda had to tell the world. They should bring back the Distortion World in a newer game but not say anything about it. Maybe it could be like the Underground in DPPt.

Back