• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

I did a little search on Amazon and it looks more like cheat devices use powersaves these days, rather than modification codes like they used to.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I have never used a cheat code in any Pokemon game.

Whilst running around in a friend safari yesterday I was lucky enough to find a Shiny female Minccino. She is a purple-pink colour with green inner ears.

Unfortunately Shiny Cinccino is a rather unsightly bright yellow so this little Minccino will stay unevolved. I will use her in Hoenn Contests however. :)

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Well, I do :P, especially if there's a specific Pokemon I want in the team.

I did a little search on Amazon and it looks more like cheat devices use powersaves these days, rather than modification codes like they used to.
    I did some search too & I think there's also something called DS/3DS Flashcards.

Pika Pika :chu:

pkmin3033

I have considered buying a 3DS cheat device since I lost everything, but it just wouldn't have any meaning to me really. I used to use an Action Replay on the DS for small things, like unlocking events, Black 2's Challenge Mode and the GB sounds - all things that should be available in the game from the very beginning - but never for shinies or forced encounters etc.

Years

Looking at Gardy's post, there are just some shinies you don't want to evolve because the evolution gets a worse colour. Especially looking at you, Garchomp...

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Nidoqueen is another Pokemon whose Shiny gets worse as it evolves. It's Shiny pre-evolutions are purple. Nidoqueen's inexplicably is green and pink. Incidentally the Shiny Nidoking line is a nice blue colour.

I am one of the few people who likes Shiny Pikachu which is a darker yellow. I have a Shiny Male called Ketchup and a Shiny Alolan Raichu called Chocomouse which was caught as an adorable Pichu.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Like I said, I don't really care about shinies, I mean I won't go about looking for them, rather wait for chance encounters. Some of the Shinies are so gaudy, like they've had bucketfuls of paint splashed on them.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years

Urgh I never knew this thread got pinned so for a long time I thought this thread died on my last post that was a bunch of months ago bah.

Also, is it weird that I don't really care for shinies as much as everyone else? I like the concept of it and I do get thrilled every time I come across one for sure, but it's still just a colour scheme change, and as exciting and rare as it is, I've never really understood why everyone whom I seem to come across seem to talk about it so much, lol.

Just my 2 cents though.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Like I said, I don't really care about shinies, I mean I won't go about looking for them, rather wait for chance encounters. Some of the Shinies are so gaudy, like they've had bucketfuls of paint splashed on them.

But the question is Mr LegendChu do you have a Shiny Pikachu?

I am fortunate that most of my favourite Pokemon have good Shinys.... I see you Shiny Venusaur and Starmie. Suffice to say my competitive Venusaur and Starmie have its regular colouration.

pkmin3033

I really want a shiny Drapion...

I think the polygonal models have ruined a lot of shiny Pokemon...like Nidoking, and Ditto. They're just not as vibrant as they used to be. That said, polygonal models in general look like washed-out plasticine trash. xD

Also, I've started playing Pokemon Moon, in a last ditch attempt to get back into the games. I have a full team of bird Pokemon, and they're all named after Love Live characters. God help me.

Years

7th Gen will always be known as the generation no-one could pick a good Grass-type for their team, because they were all just too good.

pkmin3033

The only good Grass-type in the Gen VII games is Lilligant, and that's Moon exclusive >.>

I'll remember Gen VII as the only Gen I was so disgusted with I actually stopped playing it. Not even Black can boast that.

Years

You do have to admit all the 7th Gen Grass-type all had appealing designs, which was definitely difficult to choose if you wanted only new Pokemon.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I did not understand how Gen 7 introduced two new Grass/Ghost types when we got two last Gen one of which (Phantump line) was available in the game.

I used a Tsareena in my playthrough and it was the star of my team. I really wanted to use Lilligant but I wanted to use a new Grass type on my team so used 'Alolan Lilligant.'

Also Lilligant really should have 'Dancer' as her hidden ability instead of not very helpful Leaf Guard considering she learns several Dance moves by Level Up.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

But the question is Mr LegendChu do you have a Shiny Pikachu?
    Well Ms. Gardy, I actually played a whole game with a team consisting of only Shinies in Emerald once (of course not got legitimately, hehe ;)), so yep I have used a Shiny Pikachu on my team.

Frankly speaking, Rowlet is my least fav of the three starters in SM.

Years

I feel anyone who doesn't like Rowlet is a rare occurrence nonetheless. But had Popplio's evolutions gone in a horror clown direction, I would have picked Rowlet but the problem is I don't usually like picking the starter that everyone else seems to want.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I think in-game Rowlet had a similar problem to Snivy in Unova that there were so many good Grass Types available you did not need one as your starter.

Whilst Gen 7 does not give you a Lilligant very early in the game like White if you know where to look, the likes of Lilligant, Tsareena and Lurantis mean you don't need Decidueye.

There's a lot of good Ghost types available too.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

The designs of the Rowlet line didn't appeal to me at all. I don't exactly find it cute either, in fact I think Hoothoot is cuter. The Litten line is the best of the lot & surprisingly, I don't hate the Popplio line, despite what the (un)popular opinion is.

If I were playing the games, I'd certainly have picked Litten as my Starter.

pkmin3033

You do have to admit all the 7th Gen Grass-type all had appealing designs, which was definitely difficult to choose if you wanted only new Pokemon.
    I admit no such thing, I couldn't stand any of the 7th Gen Pokemon...literally any of them. It was worse than Gen VI for me, where at least I had one or two Pokemon I didn't mind. All Gen 7 had going for me was that Solgaleo was a White Tigerzord expy.

I had hopes Rowlet would turn out well, but Decidueye is such a bad design that I can't even...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back