• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Shame that stuff isn't really necessary for the games given how easy they are. xD

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I soft resetted for a female Popplio in Sun. Luckily I got her on the second go. The cutscene makes it look cruel if you turn the starter down after you pick up the little starter.

My female Popplio Helena had an Impish nature and was a big help on my journey.

pkmin3033

Sun and Moon might be more time-consuming than the average Pokemon game...if not for the fact that Z-Moves trivialise the game. And really, when all you need to win in Pokemon is to be of a higher level than your opponent and use Super Effective moves...could it ever really be considered difficult?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

The story was always something more to enjoy than try to get through via difficulty imo when it comes to Pokemon. And really I'm okay with that 'cause I hate when I can't get to another point in a story 'cause I'm stuck on a boss (which, while I never pick the option, i like it that there are RPs out there that have the option of 'easy mode so you can lay back and enjoy the story' mode.)

Though ngl I haven't beaten Sun/Moon yet. I'm close but I stopped playing it to pick up another game and hadn't picked it up sense haha.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Found a Shiny Magenta Wobbuffet in a Friend Safari today. It's female so has lipstick.As nice as it is I think I will keep using my super lucky Shiny Shadow Tag Gothitelle. :)

On game difficulty whilst I have never found the games to be overly difficult I found Lance to be very tricky in my Heart Gold Monotype. The Sinnoh games for me are the easiest games.

Years

I think 7th gen actually felt harder at least. Those totem mons were ruthless...

I think Game Freak responded to the "6th Gen is too easy" complaints, but they definitely went too far this time. In Sun & Moon I always forced to have to dish out a Z-Move against something that scared me, and being underleveled was not an option.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

It's been a pretty long time since I've last played Sun so I can't exactly remember if I found it difficult, but I do remember being constantly overleveled since I typically grind too much, haha. That, and I only caught like five or six Pokémon throughout the entire game. xD

I've done this with my Rowlet. xD

I also have a Piplup named Honoka, a Torchic named Maki, a Skarmory named Nico Nico Nii, and a Pidgey named Eli. I am in Idol Hell. Help. xD

I just noticed all of them are (coincidentally?) birds, ahaha. xD Also, Nico being a Skarmory is totally priceless. :P

pkmin3033

I just noticed all of them are (coincidentally?) birds, ahaha. xD Also, Nico being a Skarmory is totally priceless.
    Watch out for Ghosts...
    Nope, I did that on purpose - with a couple of exceptions, birds have my favourite designs, and I absolutely refuse to use the trashy selection Moon has for its Pokedex. xD

She was originally going to be a Murkrow but Murkrow has terrible moves and I really wanted to use Skarmory for a change and it's certainly pointy enough

I blame Rowlet's popularity for making the term "birb" become a meme.
    ...you're kidding, right? It's been a meme for at least four years now; it's got nothing to do with Rowlet.

pkmin3033

Popularised it for you and those you come into contact with maybe, but Rowlet is a very small birb in a very large flock of already existing birbs =P

...I also found a shiny Alolan Rattata in Verdant Cave this morning. This is my first shiny in about six years. Huh.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

I ran into three Shinies in a row once (ya lucky me :P), in Emerald's Safari Zone (extension), a Teddiursa, an Aipom & (I think) a Hoothoot.

Pika Pika :chu:

pkmin3033

I never spend longer in the Safari Zone than I have to...it's an infuriating place where RNG takes far too much precedence. I know there is an element of it in capturing Pokemon anyway - I've seen the formula - but the Safari Zone takes it to extremes...

Years

I didn't like how drastically redesigned the Hoenn Safari Zone was in OR/AS. I don't want to waste time in it just because you need both bikes to get through it.

pkmin3033

As far as I'm aware (don't quote me on this, I'm not entirely sure) the only Safari Zone exclusive Pokemon in the 3DS titles is Buneary. So really, outside of that there's no real reason to spend time there at all.

...oh, Buneary. Why are you such a nuisance.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Buneary can indeed be found in the ORAS Safari Zone. I found a Shiny female one there by Dexnav last year. As the Shiny Buneary line is pink it is fortunate that my Shiny Buneary is female.

I think Heracross can also be found in the Hoenn Safari zone in ORAS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back