• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Buneary can indeed be found in the ORAS Safari Zone. I found a Shiny female one there by Dexnav last year. As the Shiny Buneary line is pink it is fortunate that my Shiny Buneary is female.
    I'm really curious to know, how the heck to you manage to run into so many Shinies :P, I hardly find any.

Pika Pika :chu:

pkmin3033

Yeah, but you can find Heracross elsewhere too. If you've only got the 3DS games, the only option for Buneary is the Safari Zone...I'm not looking forward to getting it. Trying to rebuild my collection from 3DS games means I'm going to have to play all 6 of them, too...urgh...

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Yeah, but you can find Heracross elsewhere too. If you've only got the 3DS games, the only option for Buneary is the Safari Zone...I'm not looking forward to getting it. Trying to rebuild my collection from 3DS games means I'm going to have to play all 6 of them, too...urgh...
    Heracross is available outside the Safari Zone in ORAS? Haven't played the game, so don't know for sure, but I don't think its found anywhere else (at least it wasn't in RSE). Or is it ~_~?

pkmin3033

Heracross is available outside the Safari Zone in ORAS? Haven't played the game, so don't know for sure, but I don't think its found anywhere else (at least it wasn't in RSE). Or is it ~_~?
    Yeah, it's available on Route 12 or Friend Safari (which is even worse, haha) in Y. I was looking at things as a whole, rather than individually...across all the 3DS games, you can get every Pokemon excluding event-only Legendaries in some form or another, was my point.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Oh I see, okay :)!

Speaking of Event-only Pokemon, the thing I don't like is region exclusive events, I mean not everyone can just fly, jump, swim to Japan, U.S. or wherever, so if you miss the Event, that's it, no Event Pokemon for you >:(.

Selena Fluorspar

On hiatus
    Years

I don't even live in a country that has support for Nintendo Wi-Fi, there's never been a single event here. So it's understandable that I've got a lot of dislike for event-exclusives.

pkmin3033

I think permanent QR codes are the way forward, if they're too anal to actually put things in the game for capture like they should. The event-only Legendaries just keep piling up and up...and really, what's stopping them? Deoxys was event-only for YEARS until the Delta Episode, and it didn't kill them to finally relent with it. Why not the rest too?

Years

With the success of Magearna being QR Code obtainable, this should be the way of the future when it comes to event Pokemon.

pkmin3033

Should be but won't be, I expect. Since when have Nintendo ever been considerate of their fans, after all?

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
    Edit: 47

Sun and Moon might be more time-consuming than the average Pokemon game...if not for the fact that Z-Moves trivialise the game. And really, when all you need to win in Pokemon is to be of a higher level than your opponent and use Super Effective moves...could it ever really be considered difficult?

Considering what rom hackers can do to the regular games....yeah if really Gamefreak wanted to. Still 7th gen felt harder.

I think Game Freak responded to the "6th Gen is too easy" complaints, but they definitely went too far this time. In Sun & Moon I always forced to have to dish out a Z-Move against something that scared me, and being underleveled was not an option.

Yeah, I agree. During XY/Oras I barely needed a revive, this time.....even being overleveled didn't matter sometimes when fightning mons that get an atomatic stat boost on turn 1. 0___0

I'm really curious to know, how the heck to you manage to run into so many Shinies :P, I hardly find any.

Maybe she has the Shiny Charm?

pkmin3033

Well, Nintendo encourage piracy with their stance on fan games and not providing sufficient stock, so why not encourage the use of cheat devices because their games are incomplete by themselves, too?

Considering what rom hackers can do to the regular games....yeah if really Gamefreak wanted to. Still 7th gen felt harder.
    Not without jeopardising that E for Everyone ESRB rating they couldn't. Fan games are made by fans, for experienced players. Pokemon games are made so that they can be played by everyone; you can't have soul-crushing difficulty in games for children. Which is what Pokemon games are, whether people care to admit it or not. This is not a bad thing at all, but it is what it is.

And if the best Game Freak can offer is B2W2's Challenge Mode, then...well. I don't think difficulty modes would make even the slightest bit of difference.

pkmin3033

The lack of difficulty in Pokemon titles, or how people are always confusing genuine difficulty with time-consuming tasks that only feel difficult because they take longer than they should?

...it's ironic that "Nintendo Hard" is actually the trope used to describe unfairly difficult games when Nintendo have no idea what a difficult game is any more...

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

On the topic of shiny pokemon I've managed to hatch 3 so far in Sun doing a method called Swap Breeding, they are now a Flygon, Lycanroc, and Vikavolt.

Well, Nintendo encourage piracy with their stance on fan games and not providing sufficient stock, so why not encourage the use of cheat devices because their games are incomplete by themselves, too?

Not without jeopardising that E for Everyone ESRB rating they couldn't. Fan games are made by fans, for experienced players. Pokemon games are made so that they can be played by everyone; you can't have soul-crushing difficulty in games for children. Which is what Pokemon games are, whether people care to admit it or not. This is not a bad thing at all, but it is what it is.

And if the best Game Freak can offer is B2W2's Challenge Mode, then...well. I don't think difficulty modes would make even the slightest bit of difference.

I just mean that if they were able then the games could be super hard. I thought people enjoyed challenge mode, was it really not that different?

pkmin3033

I just mean that if they were able then the games could be super hard. I thought people enjoyed challenge mode, was it really not that different?
    Honestly...not really? The movesets of Pokemon were slightly different, and they had held items, but they weren't any more intelligent or anything. It was different, but not really challenging...

I'm not actually sure how they could make Pokemon games challenging. Although I've not played any fan games. I suppose permadeath + no healing items + level cap could be pretty difficult, or something?

I also just spent an hour catching a Minior rainbow. What is my life. I want the shiny black one

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

Honestly...not really? The movesets of Pokemon were slightly different, and they had held items, but they weren't any more intelligent or anything. It was different, but not really challenging...

I'm not actually sure how they could make Pokemon games challenging. Although I've not played any fan games. I suppose permadeath + no healing items + level cap could be pretty difficult, or something?

I also just spent an hour catching a Minior rainbow. What is my life. I want the shiny black one

I expected it to be a full game of hax like the battle tower/frontier/subway. They have permadeath in Uranium and Insurgence I think (just saying if you want to play a harder game).

Well why not go for the shiny then? Maybe you'll get lucky and get it early.

pkmin3033

I expected it to be a full game of hax like the battle tower/frontier/subway. They have permadeath in Uranium and Insurgence I think (just saying if you want to play a harder game).

Well why not go for the shiny then? Maybe you'll get lucky and get it early.
    Nah, there wasn't that much of a difference in Black 2's Challenge Mode, honestly! I used my AR to unlock it so I could play it from the beginning - why on earth it wasn't available at the start I do not know - and I didn't find it particularly tough. I did need to level a little more, but not too much.

Uranium I have, Insurgence I don't. I keep meaning to get around to Uranium...

Well, for one I don't have the shiny charm...and I don't have a Pokemon with Damp either, and the things keep using Selfdestruct. I'd have to just wander and hope I get lucky...and I don't want it THAT badly. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back