• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

Oh thats what i should do with my moon. A nuzlocke or smth. If i ever finish sun first.

Sounds like fun, just don't get too attached any of your team.

Nah, there wasn't that much of a difference in Black 2's Challenge Mode, honestly! I used my AR to unlock it so I could play it from the beginning - why on earth it wasn't available at the start I do not know - and I didn't find it particularly tough. I did need to level a little more, but not too much.

Uranium I have, Insurgence I don't. I keep meaning to get around to Uranium...

Well, for one I don't have the shiny charm...and I don't have a Pokemon with Damp either, and the things keep using Selfdestruct. I'd have to just wander and hope I get lucky...and I don't want it THAT badly. xD

That's honestly a good question....maybe its one of those for the sake of the story things. Kinda like Reshiram and Zekrom being Shiny locked.

Minior can be breed with a Ditto so if you wanted you could try the Masuda Method to get one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I've done a few nuzlockes in the past. Its just aside of wonderlocke you get a lot of the same teams by playing the same game(s) and even after a time its the same re: wonderlocke. Doing it on a new gen would be refreshing.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

I've done a few nuzlockes in the past. Its just aside of wonderlocke you get a lot of the same teams by playing the same game(s) and even after a time its the same re: wonderlocke. Doing it on a new gen would be refreshing.

Yeah but now on wonderlockes the only difference is instead of Zigzagoons you'll now mostly be getting Pikipek, Rattata, and Meowth unless you do a lot of trading. Hope you have better luck if that's the plan.

Don't ever be overconfident in a Nuzlocke. It can be your undoing.

Did you lose one?

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

You know what guys, its been a long time since I've attempted a Nuzlocke, maybe I should {:3}. I did make a few of my own, but not sure if anyone will want to try them :).

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Yeah but now on wonderlockes the only difference is instead of Zigzagoons you'll now mostly be getting Pikipek, Rattata, and Meowth unless you do a lot of trading. Hope you have better luck if that's the plan.

Depends on what the level cap is before pokemon stop listening to you before you complete the first trial. Oras is a measly lv 10 so i noped out of that lmao.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Inspired by a story of Youtuber ProJared taking a Vileplume called Nuptup to the Hall Of Fame in Fire Red I have started my first Nuzlocke ever in Black.

2 Gyms in and I have only one death. My Patrat Ratso against Lenora being sacrificed to Lenora Watchog's Retaliate. The star of my team so far is Jane my Herdier although my starter Nia (Now a Pignite) made quick work of Lenora.

With Critical Hits everywhere it only gets harder from here although one of my catches was a male Pidove with Super Luck. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

NUPTUP

i never watched all of his nuzlocke but i do know about nuptup and watched his gym battle with misty. best.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

I watch Nuzlockes on YouTube since I'm way too scared to do my own.

Yeah, the risk of losing a mon permantely can be pretty taxing.

I just started a Diamond Nuzlocke yesterday and a wild budew almost killed my shinx.

If your Shinx has Intimedate.....definitely dont lose it.

You know what guys, its been a long time since I've attempted a Nuzlocke, maybe I should {:3}. I did make a few of my own, but not sure if anyone will want to try them :).

What extra rules did you make?

Depends on what the level cap is before pokemon stop listening to you before you complete the first trial. Oras is a measly lv 10 so i noped out of that lmao.

Lol. Well better hope you can at least go a little over the first Totem mons level.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Aw man, I'm always out of the loop when it comes to Nuzlockes, haha. I totally need to remind myself to watch one someday. :<

Not sure how relevant this is, but is anyone here familiar with Twitch Plays Pokémon? If so, how did you think of it? I've mainly heard about Bird Jesus and Lord Helix and stuff, but I haven't delved much deeper yet. It seemed like lots of fun, though! Or maybe it was completely painful. Haha.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Whilst I have never sat and watched a whole Let's Play of Pokemon or indeed any game some can be amusing.

With all the grinding I did for Lenora I now have a Swoobat before the third Gym.

Fighting type is incredibly strong and useful in Unova hence why I started with Tepig. Whilst my Herdier does not have Intimidate, her and my starter are the Pokemon I will be needing most I think. :)

Last edited:

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    What extra rules did you make?
    Aw man, I'm always out of the loop when it comes to Nuzlockes, haha. I totally need to remind myself to watch one someday. :<
    Quite a few, I'll see if I can put it up on Challenges, if I get the time. Ya I'm not too good with Nuzlockes either :P, not done too many. Don't like the idea of a "dead" Pokemon -_-.

Not sure how relevant this is, but is anyone here familiar with Twitch Plays Pokémon? If so, how did you think of it? I've mainly heard about Bird Jesus and Lord Helix and stuff, but I haven't delved much deeper yet. It seemed like lots of fun, though! Or maybe it was completely painful. Haha.
    Yeah heard about it, not delved deep into it either, but I've heard its very chaotic. Afaik Bird Jesus is something from the Pidgey line & Lord Helix (which I think is an Omanyte) is apparently its father. I've also heard of other characters called Dux, Air Jordan, Battery Jesus, The Fonz & whatnot.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Third Gym complete and just the one death so far. My Tranquil Jared swept Burgh's Gym and now on to the 4th Gym. Elesa's team is electric which half my team is weak to. Palpitoad, your move.

As I recall in a previous Psychic Monotype of Unova everything carries a dark type move which makes things tough for my Swoobat Bats and Munna Socrates.

Or hopefully I can find a Sandile. :)

The only extra rules I have is the no duplicates rule and the shiny clause on the unlikely situation I run into a Shiny I can still catch it.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

Psychic Monotypes would be damn hard in Unova, I tell you. That region just loves Dark-types for some reason.

I did a Psychic Monotype of White 2 a while back. The star of my team was Gothitelle. There are a lot of great dark types in Unova and Team Plasma loves using them.

I am up to the Pokemon League in my Black Nuzlocke. Only 3 deaths so far. A Patrat I sacrificed to Lenora, My Krokorok that fell to an Archen crit at Chargestone Cave and My Zebstrika Blade that fell to Cheren's Samurott Aqua Tail Crit at Victory Road.

Now to do some grinding as I have nothing against Fighting Types other than an Underlevelled Gothorita. My strongest Pokemon is my Scrafty Marshal at Level 54.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

I havent played Unova bery recentally at all.... Really need to do something about that. :w

I did start an Emerald Nuzlocke today.... Already lost my Lotad in her first battle to a crit Tackle from a Wurmple?? ;-; Rip.

Do you guys ever just name all your Pokemon(locke or not) based off a show?.... (I may or may not be naming the Emerald mons after Gravity Falls characters.... Rip Carla the Lotad)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

Do you guys ever just name all your Pokemon(locke or not) based off a show?.... (I may or may not be naming the Emerald mons after Gravity Falls characters.... Rip Carla the Lotad)

Yes! Lots of 'em, haha. I've got tons of Pokémon named after Yu-Gi-Oh! cards lmao, and plus my trainer name is almost always based on a character from somewhere. xD Usually I try to keep a consistent theme within each game and stuff, but sometimes I forget about consistency and just let my imagination run wild. :D

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I havent played Unova bery recentally at all.... Really need to do something about that. :w

I did start an Emerald Nuzlocke today.... Already lost my Lotad in her first battle to a crit Tackle from a Wurmple?? ;-; Rip.

I recommend B2W2 for Unova. Whilst Black/White are still good games the rivals are annoying (I include N in that) and the variety of Pokemon is far greater in BW2 which is especially good if you are doing a challenge.

I had my fourth death in my Black Nuzlocke. My Unfezant fell to a Darmanitan in the Stadium. My male Gothitelle comes in but Marshall's Mienshao still worrys me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back