• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years

Talking about games for Gameboy/DS/3ds only. Not really no (or not recently), I've played and enjoyed other games over time. Like the Mega Man series in my avatar for one. But my absolute favorites have always been with these games.

When was the last you actually played Yellow? No tbh I think I'll just wait until Gold and Silver happens before I do, that way I can play both at the same time just like in the past.

pkmin3033

Ah, I see. I guess Pokemon has always been the primary driving force behind the handheld success for Nintendo, although honestly none of the games are amongst my favourites on their respective systems...asides from maybe Gen IV, which might edge in there.

Before last year, the last time I played Yellow was when it was first released here, back in...2000. Which would have made me 10. Long, looong time. I guess if you've not bought any of the VC titles yet you may as well wait...not like they'll ever drop in price, after all.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

Yeah, I actually remember seeing a post about you wishing for Gen 4 remakes some time ago it was surprising considering your other post. XD

That is a long time and whats kept you from playing now that you have it on 3ds. I guess so, I also need to get Pokemon Bank otherwise trying to complete my Dex and Shiny hunting legendaries will be completely pointless.

pkmin3033

Well, I AM very worried they'd give DPPt remakes the same treatment they've given every game since Gen V, but...eh, I like Gen IV. The gameplay upgrade would be worth it...

...and the gameplay changes are what have put me off finishing Yellow. I don't think people have realised just how much streamlining and overhauling they've done to general gameplay features. It shows when you play Gen I. I mean...you have to constantly check menus. No EXP bar to track progress. Painfully simple box system. It's almost physically painful playing Gen I now. Kinda worried Gen II will be similar actually. xD

Well, pointless if you don't have 2 3DS to trade between...I like the idea of Pokemon Bank, I'll admit, but I wish it wasn't a paid service. I also wish you could trade between Gens VI and VII...

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

Well, I AM very worried they'd give DPPt remakes the same treatment they've given every game since Gen V, but...eh, I like Gen IV. The gameplay upgrade would be worth it...

...and the gameplay changes are what have put me off finishing Yellow. I don't think people have realised just how much streamlining and overhauling they've done to general gameplay features. It shows when you play Gen I. I mean...you have to constantly check menus. No EXP bar to track progress. Painfully simple box system. It's almost physically painful playing Gen I now. Kinda worried Gen II will be similar actually. xD

Well, pointless if you don't have 2 3DS to trade between...I like the idea of Pokemon Bank, I'll admit, but I wish it wasn't a paid service. I also wish you could trade between Gens VI and VII...

What would that treatment be? Is gen 4 your favorite?

I actually remember how annoying it was to have to use the menu to use an Hm like cut or surf. It really has been forever I thought Gen 1 had an Exp bar (did it?).

Before getting Sun I was actually making progress without having 2 3ds by asking for help online. Same here but at least it doesn't seem like that much to pay for. I think they said Pokemon Bank is now how all transfering will happen forever so sadly that'll never happen again. : ( Would be nice though.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I like the idea of Pokemon Bank, I'll admit, but I wish it wasn't a paid service. I also wish you could trade between Gens VI and VII...

I'm totally with you on this, but I would've also been okay if it was just a one-time purchase to get a hold of the software, sorta like Pok?mon Box RS... which is reeeeeally old and obscure, haha.

pkmin3033

What would that treatment be? Is gen 4 your favorite?

I actually remember how annoying it was to have to use the menu to use an Hm like cut or surf. It really has been forever I thought Gen 1 had an Exp bar (did it?).

Before getting Sun I was actually making progress without having 2 3ds by asking for help online. Same here but at least it doesn't seem like that much to pay for. I think they said Pokemon Bank is now how all transfering will happen forever so sadly that'll never happen again. : ( Would be nice though.
    The NPC-focused "story" treatment. ORAS didn't really get that, although there were elements of it here and there. I'm very tired of the same story in every single Pokemon game, and the rubbish NPCs they keep pushing on us which makes it very hard to ignore. Gen IV is indeed my favourite :3

Nope, Gen I did not have the EXP bar. Out of everything in GSC, I think I appreciated that addition the most. It's a small thing, but its made a huge difference over the years.

I'm generally reluctant to ask for help online because people ask for such unreasonable things...I mean, look at the state of the GTS. As someone who doesn't EV/IV breed/train, doesn't shiny hunt, and wants to keep their Legendaries, I found it hard to ever get anywhere. Wasn't willing to give, so didn't get. Which is fine. I've always had 2 handheld systems to trade with myself...or my mother, usually. I guess Bank is not as expensive as it could be...but it still rankles a bit. Today it's ?5 a year, tomorrow it's a ?40 season pass...

I'm totally with you on this, but I would've also been okay if it was just a one-time purchase to get a hold of the software, sorta like Pok?mon Box RS... which is reeeeeally old and obscure, haha.
    I would actually love it if they did something like this for the Switch, if they're going to insist on killing the 3DS y moving Pokemon onto it...having a one-time buy cartridge you could store your Pokemon from Bank and whatever else on would be amaaaazing.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Bank was such a good idea, but the "pay $5 a year or lose your Pokemon" sucked. My 3ds with Bank on it managed to break and I dont remember how but the top screen is completely off, no promises it could be fixed and still have the same data saved, costs extra for the possibility of it still having the same data even tho it might not still, and I have a bad track of time so it's all gone for me by now... A one time purchase if not a free app would've been perfect but just wanted the money I guess.

I'm still excited thinking there may be a Gen IV remake soon but I'm gunna let myself hype the Ultras for now. Can't wait to see everything they bring in, had better be as good as BW2. Also did anyone notice in the announcment, all the games besides Sinnoh's were behind him? They omitted Gen IV entirely, how could they. D:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I'm still excited thinking there may be a Gen IV remake soon but I'm gunna let myself hype the Ultras for now. Can't wait to see everything they bring in, had better be as good as BW2. Also did anyone notice in the announcment, all the games besides Sinnoh's were behind him? They omitted Gen IV entirely, how could they. D:

Out of curiosity, if we were to (theoretically) get Sinnoh remakes in 2018/2019, do you think they would still be on the 3DS, or would you expect to see them on the Nintendo Switch? :o

I haven't seen the announcement yet because I'm totally behind the times, but I'll get to that!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years

I think we will get Sinnoh remakes eventually but for the Switch. Diamond and Pearl are still perfectly playable with the only real issues being a slow pace, unremarkable Elite Four and the limited Pokedex. When we do get the remakes it will likely be Diamond and Pearl with Platinum's Pokedex and some Cynthia related side content.

I am currently playing Yellow on the Virtual Console. It is still good fun to play after all these years. Many of the front sprites still look fine with a simple charm. (The back sprites not so much) Whilst some omissions look strange today (like No Special split and Exp Bar) and no descriptions for the moves is frustrating unless you have a guide or a good memory. Yellow has a certain charm.

And of course Gen 1brought us possibly the most quoted line 'What was his name again?' :)

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Out of curiosity, if we were to (theoretically) get Sinnoh remakes in 2018/2019, do you think they would still be on the 3DS, or would you expect to see them on the Nintendo Switch? :o

I haven't seen the announcement yet because I'm totally behind the times, but I'll get to that!
    The last I heard, there is a 'proper' Pokemon game that's supposed to come out on Switch, but probably not until next year. This 'may' be the rumoured Pokemon Stars or a new Game, not sure about that.

Pika Pika :chu:

pkmin3033

I'd say it depends on how serious Nintendo is in its commitment to the 3DS. If it IS serious, I would expect DPPt remakes on there, and not the Switch. There is no reason they can't make Pokemon titles for both consoles; they do it for every other franchise they have. But realistically speaking, the 3DS is now a walking corpse and it'll be phased out next year. The best we can hope for is a proper successor.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    Idk what they could succeed it with, full immersion helmets (again)?.... Whatever it is had better be worth it tho...

I'm hoping for them being on the 3ds for multiple reasons. It wouldn't feel right for a Generation to be on different consoles(im pretty sure gba sp and gba count the same the way ds phat/lite/i did :p), the next gen could be on Switch instead, this is the second gen on 3ds like the dses had two as well so it wouldn't be THAT 'outdated' or anything, they released some new new 3ds stuff i think(maybe?) recently so it should get at least a while longer, and I can't afford a Switch. ;3;

Lol i made sure to watch it the moment it was on....

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

I'm not really sure if GF's gonna Switch to DP remakes, but for the 8th Gen they may (or may not). I'd like to believe that the proposed game on Switch would be a new Title.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

USUM might actually be released on the Switch (as well as the 3DS). I heard the titles appeared on Nintendo's website under the Switch games to be released, but it was removed later the same day. Curious, no?

Also, hi guys, how have y'all been doing these days? :D

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

USUM might actually be released on the Switch (as well as the 3DS). I heard the titles appeared on Nintendo's website under the Switch games to be released, but it was removed later the same day. Curious, no?

Also, hi guys, how have y'all been doing these days? :D
    You're alive o_O?

I'm not really sure, I think USUM are exclusively for 3DS. There was apparently an official statement claiming that USUM coming to Nintendo Switch were just 'rumours based on a clerical error & is not indicative of future plans'.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back