• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years

Aww, shame. A cross platform game would have been really cool. I think that then also confirms we're not getting to see any remakes in this generation. (Well, unless you're going to count USUM as one. :P)

Yep. Can't get rid of me that easily. :^)
    Don't be so sure yet, we might still get DP remakes, but they'll probably be on 3DS. You never know though, they might still do a Switcheroo on us.

And welcome back dude :).

Pika Pika :chu:

pkmin3033

I honestly think with the Switch they might start from the beginning again and give us a Kanto re-remake...or maybe even a multi-region game. They've run out of excuses in terms of lack of ability and space, and if they're serious about the 3DS, Gen VIII should be on that. They NEED to make Pokemon games for it if they want to keep it alive.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I've actually been looking forward to a multi-region Pok?mon game for a very long time now! If the Switch's hardware can support a game with a world as massive as Breath of the Wild's, then I don't think it's impossible that this could also be done for Pok?mon as well. But then again, it is admittedly hard to imagine Game Freak doing this, given how they (consistently) tend to handle Pok?mon games...

Also, hi guys, how have y'all been doing these days? :D

DUUUUDE STAY PLEASE :D :D :D

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

A new device usually starts off with a new generation and thus a new region. I doubt they will release many more Pok?mon games on the 3DS after USUM (but of course I wouldn't say no to they :P). There are lots of rumors Kanto will become part of the plot in USUM, with the protagonist coming from that region and all.
    Spoiler:

Not sure if that's going to happen, but it would be really cool!

Either way, a multi-regional game is something I still have my doubts about as they're usually not very well executed in fan games and even in GSC Kanto was kinda boring. I prefer quality over quantity to be fair, but when done well two (or more :D ) quality regions are better than one.

DUUUUDE STAY PLEASE :D :D :D
    Can do. :)

pkmin3033

Given the dramatic decline in quality of the last two regions, I actually wonder if a multi-region Switch title would be better or worse if they keep pushing the "story" angle. Kalos was painfully under-developed, and Alola wasn't a region, it was four stages. The exploration has been sapped right out of Pokemon...whether that's better or worse depends on your perspective I guess, but there was more freedom to explore in past titles. If they bring that back on Switch, it'll probably be open world...and I honestly don't want a BOTW-style Pokemon. There was nothing in BOTW's world worth doing, it was masses and masses of empty pointless space. I'd hate to see that in Pokemon games.

Lycanthropy

Years

Alola wasn't a bad region per se. I actually liked an island region for a change. SM was heavily story focused, to my pleasure, but the story is indeed quite railroad-y with pretty lame roadblocks on the way. I almost am going to miss those good ol' HMs.

pkmin3033

Given the story focus, Alola as a region served its purpose to draw attention to that focus, but I still feel it was a badly designed one from an exploration perspective...I half expected to see a Mario-style "STAGE CLEAR!" pop up on the screen whenever I boarded the ferry to the next island. I can appreciate its approach...but I didn't like it.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I feel Alola may be viewed as the most divisive region to date.

This goes double for the Alola anime, aha. Lots of people either despise it for the new artstyle/school setting, or they love it for being a breath of fresh air to the traditional Pok?Ani formula. xD

I almost am going to miss those good ol' HMs.

I'm actually glad those pesky HMs are gone, muhahahaha. :D

pkmin3033

Wait, there are fans of the Alola anime? There are still fans of the anime?! I thought they were all driven away by Ash losing to Alain. xD

Years

I'm clearly in the hate camp for the Sun & Moon anime. While I constantly get told "oh it's a breath of fresh air you should watch it" I will never tolerate watching Ash acting like a stupid childish wimp.

Lycanthropy

Years

How hasn't Ash always been a childish wimp? It's part of the anime basically. I can't say too much about it though, since I haven't seen much past the Sinnoh episodes. :P

I'm actually glad those pesky HMs are gone, muhahahaha. :D

To me they always seemed like natural roadblocks and I like the idea you can work with your Pok?mon to clear obstacles on your path. Problem is just that a couple of the HM moves are utterly worthless (looking at you, Cut!). Now if they just replaced Cut by Slash, Rock Smash by Brick Break etc, HMs would actually be bearable. :D

Years

In Diamond & Pearl and especially XY, he wasn't as much of a wimp. Best Wishes did see him acting like a total noob in battle, while Sun & Moon has made him act way too much like a toddler personality-wise.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Ash has always been a noob :P. It seems like his brain resets as soon as he travels to a new region
    shrug%2B(1).gif

Pika Pika :chu:

Years

Unfortunately Alola did it the worst with his general persona... there is a theory 7th Gen is set in an alternate universe.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

How hasn't Ash always been a childish wimp? It's part of the anime basically. I can't say too much about it though, since I haven't seen much past the Sinnoh episodes. :P

To me they always seemed like natural roadblocks and I like the idea you can work with your Pok?mon to clear obstacles on your path. Problem is just that a couple of the HM moves are utterly worthless (looking at you, Cut!). Now if they just replaced Cut by Slash, Rock Smash by Brick Break etc, HMs would actually be bearable. :D

But still you'd be forced to have a certain move if you want to keep going right?

Maybe if they made a special hidden 5th move slot for Hm's only and still allowed you teach them as a normal move (if this makes any sense) maybe that'd be nice...

pkmin3033

I wonder if people will warm up to the Alola anime the way they did the Un--oh, wait. Nevermind.

I was quite surprised that I enjoyed the Volcanion movie a bit, though. It was better than the awful Diancie movie or any of the BW movies, anyway.

Years

I wonder if people will warm up to the Alola anime the way they did the Un--oh, wait. Nevermind.

I was quite surprised that I enjoyed the Volcanion movie a bit, though. It was better than the awful Diancie movie or any of the BW movies, anyway.

If the I Choose You! movie underperforms, I think Pokemon should just admit defeat give up on movies altogether.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back