• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

Years

Low on priority list and no income at this time. I'll wait for the RPG supposedly being made for 2019.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

The Let's Go games look very cute but not sure I want to buy a Switch just to play them. When the Switch gets more hames I may buy one. As it stands all I will be playing on it is Pokemon and Mario Odyssey.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years

Well... probably not! I don't even have a Switch yet, and when I do get one there are multiple games with higher priority! Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Breath of the Wild, Dragon Quest XI, SPYRO! By the time I've saved enough money to buy each of these games, Gen 9 will probably be out. xD

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years

The graphics are really cute. Gameplay-wise though... I don't think it's for me. From what I've seen it looks like you have very little freedom and are just being hand-held through the game, that's pretty meh. Also, GO compatibility is nice, but I quit playing that game a long time ago, but that's a totally different story.

That's probably the best excuse for making rom hack I've ever heard.

I know right? :D Too bad I never managed to get past Route 1...

Years

I agree that graphics are cute, but they are really poor for Switch title. If you compare it to other games, they suddenly don't look so great. And I'm not even talking about that "gameplay".

But did I hear Spyro? I'm so ready for it (even after replaying original trilogy on 100 % again this summer).

Hyzenthlay

Years

The graphics of LGPE are pretty substandard for the console, that's true, although I think it's forgivable. I mean, the lighting and colours are lovely—it's a pleasure just to look at, haha!

Meanwhile I'm hoping beyond hope for another Pokémon Mystery Dungeon-esque spin-off!

Also yessss, I could go on and on about how hyped I am for Spyro! ...But I'd best save it for the Video Games chat thread. xP

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

I'm quite certain that I won't be getting the LGPE games, though I wouldn't mind watching some gameplay videos when it's released!

And +1 to another Mystery Dungeon game, for sure! I need my Rowlet protagonist ok :(

In one of my old rom hack ideas the plan was to have the player's mom act as the champion. Best part of it is that you weren't going to be aware she was a trainer. (I admit, major reason for that was using the phrase "You are challenged by... YOUR MOM!" xD)

Psst... Hey, Lycan? So this just reminded me... *whisper whisper*

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

I don't plan to get it and here's why:

1) I don't own a Switch. A Switch is $300, plus $60 for LGP or LGE and additional costs for other "accessories", including additional Joycons if I wanted to do 4 player Smash in-house. Joycons are like 35-40 bucks each and that all adds up when you're not even factoring in TAX
2) Let's GO exclusives don't jive with me. I like Vulpix but I also like Sandshrew and now they're split apart.
3) Alolan variants can only be imported from Pokemon GO. Seeing as I don't play the mobile game, that means I won't have access to any of the Alolan variants(including Alolan Vulpix). It also means no Dark Types and limited Steel(Magnemite and that new "Steel Type" that they leaked), Dragon(Dratini line is it) and Ghost(Gastly is it).
4) Limited to the first 151. No Scizor, Kingdra or future Evolutions/pre-evolved forms that were added for Kanto Pokemon. Again that hampers Dark/Steel Types specifically.
5) Since Eevee can't evolve, why get Eevee version? Wigglytuff is a Normal/Fairy type and can take Eevee's role in a group and then some. Pikachu, due to Typing, has its uses.
6) Having to have a Pokemon with a Type advantage when challenging Gym's is the definition of handholding and limits player freedom
7) $45 for Mew? ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?!

I'd bet my GetTogether points and say that if this game and past Generations are any indication, Generation 8 is going to suck balls.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

The Let's Go Starter Eevee is a companion Pokemon similar to Ash's Pikachu who I think rides on the player's shoulder. No Leafeon in game isn't ideal for me though.

I do plan to get a Switch eventually though.

Spyro is coming out next month and I will get it on Xbox. Hopefully it is as good as I remember although I only played the first two.

Hyzenthlay

Years

I like both equally, although I am quite fond of Grass-types! Otherwise Glaceon is my favourite in terms of design. ^_^ If your starter Eevee could evolve into any of them it'd make me so much happier about LGE. <3

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

I like both equally, although I am quite fond of Grass-types! Otherwise Glaceon is my favourite in terms of design. ^_^ If your starter Eevee could evolve into any of them it'd make me so much happier about LGE. <3

If your starter could evolve period would make me more inclined to get the game, especially Eevee version and especially if all variants were possible(hence Umbreon, Espeon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon). If all Eevolutions were possible, I'd probably go Jolteon anyway. If Lorelei keeps her team from RBY, Jolteon straight up sweeps it with Thunderbolt and Pin Missile. Then Starmie sweeps Bruno with Water and Psychic attacks, Alolan Raticate for Agatha(and Sabrina) and Alolan Ninetales for Lance. Then regular Ninetales because I'm a fan of the Vulpix line and finally Eevee since it's the starter(even though I don't need it. Other options are Nidoqueen, Onix or Rhydon. Would do Sandslash but eh Version exclusives).

Also anyone think about petitioning for having nicknames be redone for traded Pokémon? Like seriously when a Pokémon is traded, it should prompt you if you wish to rename it like after you acquire it via capture or via gift.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

What's so great about Leafeon? I'd argue that Vaporeon > Leafeon. There I said it.

Grass is my favourite type and I really like Leafeon's design. My Leafeon has Iron Tail and with a Z Crystal becomes Corkscrew Crash which really dents all those Ice and Fairy types running around. It's very fast in the Sun with its hidden ability Chlorophyll too.

I like Vaporeon too however just not as much as Leafeon.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Grass is my favourite type and I really like Leafeon's design. My Leafeon has Iron Tail and with a Z Crystal becomes Corkscrew Crash which really dents all those Ice and Fairy types running around. It's very fast in the Sun with its hidden ability Chlorophyll too.

I like Vaporeon too however just not as much as Leafeon.

Just realized I become an upgraded Ghost for 150(unless my memory is shot about the rules lmao). Also Hidden ability is not too shabby but I judge Pokémon not on HA but on what they generally get and Leafeon gets Leaf Guard(which to me is just as good, if not better in sunlight since 95 speed is really, really good). Seems you got cleansed Lily lol.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

I am no longer a Vileplume ghost. :(

95 is a solid speed but more speed is always nice to have. I rhink in the Sun Max Speed Chlorophyll Leafeon outspeeds even Mega Alakazam. Leaf Guard can be useful but I prefer Chlorophyll.

I think only Jumpluff and Whimsicott (Who usually has Prankster anyway) are faster Chlorophyll users than the Grass Eeveelution.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Thing is 95 speed is plenty fast but like in sports, speed kills if utilized to its fullest effect. Since Pokemon is all about attack or be attacked, first strike generally means victory. Short of Psychic or Electric, there aren't too many Pokémon who top 95 Base Speed(my Ninetales line does.... but it's been that way since Kanto. Granted I wouldn't have my Leafeon out there in those situations).

Some LGPE team discussion. Who'd you have and why?

For me, here is my team list:

LGP: Pikachu, Sandslash, Alolan Sandslash, Blastoise(Mega), Alolan Raticate and Dragonite
LGE: Eevee, Ninetales, Alolan Ninetales, Venusaur(Mega), Magneton and Dragonite

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years

I'm not entirely sure about my team actually. I've played through Kanto so many times that I don't believe there is even one Pokémon from the original 151 that I find interesting to use that I haven't multiple times already. I'd probably go with:

Sandslash, A-Sandslash, A-Marowak, Starmie, Venomoth and Fearow

Also, Umbreon and Espeon are obviously the best Eeveelutions, just saying.

Psst... Hey, Lycan? So this just reminded me... *whisper whisper*

Spoiler:

Haha yup! Good times, good times.

I do have like four hack ideas that have a more realistic chance to be actually completed. (Not to mention the other ones.)

Last edited:
Back