• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years

For battle tactics, I like to hit hard and fast! Stalling's good competitively, but I tend to lose patience haha (although trolling your opponent is always fun :D).

My starter choice usually goes like this: Bulbasaur > Cyndaquil > Mudkip > Piplup > Snivy > Froakie > Rowlet!

But I'm always torn between the starters, especially in Sinnoh, they're all great. ^_^

Years

I usually go with as much coverage as possible for my Pokemon, with an occasional move like Confuse Ray. I try to focus on having as many SE moves as possible...though I tend not to have a Poison or Steel move, so Fairy types on occasion tend to resist my attacks, but they also don't hit me hard either. The team I make depends on what Pokemon are available somewhat early.

As far as starters, I sometimes put my starter in the PC mid-game as I am more interested in other Pokemon. I tend to choose Grass starters since for Fire I'd rather have Vulpix/Ninetales and for Water I'd rather have Marill/Azumarill. The one exception is in Hoenn where I'll probably pick Mudkip instead for the Ground type coverage, although I also like Treecko. I have not been to Sinnoh, Kalos, or Alola (for two of these, I do not have a 3DS), and have not explored much of Johto outside of fan games.

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024

It's come to my mind that I've always had the starter Pokémon with me in every run I made ~

Satire

let’s get this bread
Years

My starter selection looks something like this: Fire-Fire-Fire-Fire-Grass-Fire-Water (And yes I prefer Popplio over the other two fight me). It's physically impossible for me to choose a starter that isnt Charmander in FRLG. I tried squirtle once and that was the most uncomfortable play through of my life. I struggle to choose between Piplup and Chimchar but Chimchar wins 70% of the time.

My team is almost always full of hard-hitting physical attackers with one or two special walls *cough* Gardevoir Sylveon *cough*. I can never seem to make myself dump my starter in the PC.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Super ghost! With that, I hereby BOO the thread to reset the count muwhaha and so that someone can become a Ghost.

Also I've been partial to Water starters. Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup(even if he's kind of useless save for Steel moves), Oshawott(although I like Snivy a lot), Froakie and Popplio.

Last edited:

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024

Can we agree that all Sinnoh starters are great?

EDIT: And so Code outspeeds me in posting...

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years

NOOOOOooooooooo! I've never gotten to be a ghost! ;(

Can we agree that all Sinnoh starters are great?

EDIT: And so Code outspeeds me in posting...

Definitely agree! Monferno may well be my favourite mid-stage starter, next to Quilava and Braixen, but I'm torn haha. I like Frogadier and Ivysaur a lot as well.

Piplup is one of the cutest things ever!

Satire

let’s get this bread
Years

I've come to the realization that all middle-stage starters are literally the 'awkward teen' stage, and their final form is the 'glow-up' version.

The only middles that I like are Ivysaur, Quilava, Braixen, and Dewot.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Figure I'd advertise for those who might be interested but if you want a fun game to try out, feel free to head over to Fire Type Emblem where we are in Intermission as we discuss what moves to learn/forget, items to buy and what items to equip prior to the next mission. We're always taking new allies so if interested, feel free to sign up by posting within the thread or contacting Lycan via PM or VM. We don't care what Pokémon you go as so long as it meets Lycan's requirements(aka no mythical/legendaries and not fully evolved). Ideally we could use Fighting, Ground and Ice Types but anything will do.

SuMo's Halloweeen Episode airs today. Haven't seen it yet but anything involving Acerola is worth it. Last few episodes though... ugh.

Years

What happened in the last few episodes? I've only seen first 4 episodes of SM anime, but I though it was doing well with the Ultra Beasts arc, Brock and Misty returning and just from what I heard.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

What happened in the last few episodes? I've only seen first 4 episodes of SM anime, but I though it was doing well with the Ultra Beasts arc, Brock and Misty returning and just from what I heard.

*Spoiler Alert*

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years

I need to watch the anime! I've only seen the first 10 episodes or so of Best Wishes and the X/Y season. ^__^; Even then it was just snippets because I was downloading them for my sister, really.

The art style changes made in Sun/Moon don't appeal to me that much, but the cute Pokémon (like Rowlet) do! :p

Years

Wow, that Let's GO promotion sounds boring. I was hoping that Ash would keep Poipole. Eevee is pretty weak compensation. And I can already see that they will make everyone angry because they won't evolve it or won't evolve it into their favourite Eeveelution.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

SuMo94 wasn't half bad for a Halloween Episode but then again anything with Acerola is a plus so far. Would have been cool had she done a Ghost vs. Ghost battle but it didn't come to pass. There are numerous criticisms I have for SuMo but the one glaring thing I've noticed over the entire series is that they keep jumping from one island to another. Started with Melemele(as it should) before going to Akala for Olivia's Grand Trial. Then back to Melemele before Aether arc dragged them to Poni Island and the Altar of Sunne. Then back to Melemele before a small trip to Ula'Ula for a Lillie Filler Episode to showcase Alolan Ninetales. Then back to Melemele before Ash goes back to Ula'Ula for his third Grand Trial. Then back to Melemele for an Episode before going back to Ula'Ula to showcase Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash before going back to Melemele. Then there's the Necrozma arc that takes them all over the place(Ultra Space primarily) before going to Akala and the Pikachu Valley Episode. Then back to Melemele for the last two Episodes before going back to Akala for SuMo95... its like can they stick to one damn island for once?!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!! ^_^

Do you think we'll be seeing Generation VIII games by the end of 2019? :o

pkmin3033

I'd expect them to come out around November, going by past trends. Whether they'll actually be worth playing or not, though...well. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

happy new year!

yeah i think november would probably be the time when we see another pokemon game. i wasn't too pleased about gen VII overall though so i'm not getting hopes up for VIII. i think i almost want a sinnoh remake instead.

pkmin3033

I used to want Sinnoh remakes, but given the mess they've made of the games since Gen IV - at least in my opinion - I don't think I want them "modernising" Gen IV with an awful narrative, ugly polygonal models, or anything even remotely resembling Festival Plaza. Nostalgia is sometimes better left alone.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

*yawns* Sometimes traveling sucks... ugh. Not holding my breath on Gen VIII and don't be surprised if Lets GO gets more love after the apparent success of LGPE. In fact there might be LGPE features in Gen 8.

Back