• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Lol i didnt think or say it was gonna be any longer than any other series. Just that there's gonna be an extra arc (just like any other series) after or before the league. Guzma and team id like (hope) to say is the biggest possibility. Itd also make the most sense as we had episode N in bw and xyz in xy tho ig theres also those blue people in usum???? But again i kno jack about them or how they fit into anything so guzma please.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Team Skull and Guzma is almost a given. Plumeria hardly had any screen time or dialogue in her debut so Team Skull making a stink of things should occur sometime soon. Thing is based on what is left, SuMo should be finishing up by the end of the year(just in time for Generation 8 next year).

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

I am astonished there's no discussion on the newly announced games here yet. So what does everyone think of the Galar region and its starters? :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I suppose it's bc people are discussing it everywhere else and this place isn't exactly active anymore hahah.

but i love like. everything i've seen so far!! sobble is my fav out of the starters but honestly they're all really really cute i love them must protect

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

I'd like to see this region set itself apart by having starters that evolve just once and evolve via Evolution Stone. Fire starter via Fire Stone, Water via Water stone and Grass via Leaf Stone. That way you truly get more of that Pokemon Yellow or Let's GO feel by having starters that only evolve through stones. I'd also like to see what Gym's they happen to have. Will we get our first Dark Type Gym after 7 Generations or will it be relegated to Elite 4 or Antagonist group? Due to the folklore of the region, Fairy Type Gym is essentially a given, as is a Dragon Type Gym. Also curious as to the Male/Female composition for the Gym Leaders.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Ehhh... I think the starters should stick to the original level up evolutions and keep the other types of evolutions to all the other pokemon. They would definitely have to make the stones story related if they were to do that for one.

I do definitely see Fairy and Dragon coming into the region though! And there's speculation of a dark type gym actually being a thing but I don't want to look too much into that in case it's not the thing.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

We're overdue for a Dark Type Gym though. It's the only typing not to receive one and I don't count Nanu in Alola since it's technically not a Gym. After looking at the terrain and history of U.K., the 8 Types to receive a Gym are as follows:

Grass: Country out in the suburbs is filled with grasslands, fostering a fertile ground for Grass Pokemon to thrive.
    Fighting: Country has had history of conflict through countless invasions and skirmishes between the local population. As such the local population has learned to respect and train Fighting Type Pokémon.
    Steel: Industrialization started in the U.K. and therefore makes sense that Steel types earned a reputation as dependable and strong Pokemon.
    Dragon: British folklore has stories of Dragons, including Loch Ness.
    Fairy: Folklore is littered with stories of Fairies. Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from said stories.
    Water: Entire country is an island and therefore is surrounded by Water. Their navy was the largest and most feared in history, hence earning Water Pokémon a place amongst the best in the region.
    Psychic and Dark: Lumping these two together in a Yin and Yang point of view. A dual Type Gym would also be unique. If anything I would prefer a Dark Type Gym to make it the first but Psychic would work too.
    Ghost: Through the countless horrors of the past, many have returned as restless spirits. As a result Ghost Pokemon have become a presence in Galar society, some of whom have mastered their powers.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

I like that order of gyms, it makes sense, and they're all fun types to battle! I can see Steel, Fairy and Dragon being worked in, definitely. I do hope that the Elite Four have a variety of Pokémon and don't focus on one type—it's much more of a challenge that way!

People are hoping for a Pokémon based on Nessie, but we have Lapras for that, right? I mean, it doesn't hurt to have another, but Lapras fits the bill!

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Lapras fits the Loch Ness theme but I think Lapras was designed more after a Dinosaur if anything. Another thought occurred to me regarding those stadiums. It's likely an unpopular one but what if contests make a return to the Anime but are just considerably more popular than they are in Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Hoenn? It'd be an easy way to shoehorn in old characters but I think everyone would agree that the age of contest or Performer girls ought to end.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Well theyre football stadiums i cant really remember a character that was into football in Pokemon. Baseball wouldve been another story.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Well theyre football stadiums i cant really remember a character that was into football in Pokemon. Baseball wouldve been another story.

With Casey? Heh, the sport that dominates U.K. is Soccer(aka Football for those not in the USA). Other sport that is big is Rugby and Tennis, the latter of which could actually happen since Wimbledon is a huge Tennis Tournament and could be Trainer and Pokemon partner in a Doubles format or simply that the partner only helps out if needed in a Singles match.

What I'd like to see is Ash travel with two female protagonists. Both could be into the Sports(say partners) but I'd also like to see one be into the Gyms for a change. They teased the whole Gym arc back in Hoenn with May before putting May's character on the Coordinator path. I'd like to see them actually go through with it and have both Ash and a Female protagonist challenge the Gyms and instead of adding a rival, have the Protagonists square off against one another similar to how Ash did with May and Dawn in Contests.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Eh. I can see why they don't. Having the same story for two characters sounds extremely repeatitive. We would have to see two gym matches for the same gym twice for each one for one (and god forbid one of them lose the first time) and idk it just sounds exhausting. Different path means different stories and thus better pacing.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

True, having to watch two Gym Battles(or more) for the same Gym Leader would lead to a rather repetitive series. Its almost why I'd like them to retire Ash and reboot the series with a Female Protagonist this time around. Perhaps they can age things a bit too because one thing that's making Detective Pikachu appealing is because of Ryan Reynold's and his Deadpool reputation. Like seriously he gives it that "mature" edge that people have been craving for years now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Your whole post is honestly why I don't talk about the Pokemon anime very often. Because it always cycles to that with so many people and i'm so tired of it lol.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Your whole post is honestly why I don't talk about the Pokemon anime very often. Because it always cycles to that with so many people and i'm so tired of it lol.

Eh maybe people, including myself, are just sick of the child-like or immature Ash from SuMo(not to mention all the face gags that get old super fast). Even his Science is so amazing from XY/XYZ got old pretty quick. Being Pokemon Trivia though, ever thought of giving Fire Type Emblem a try? Chapter 3 is going to be finishing up here pretty soon and likely will be undergoing some considerable roster changes. Figure that if you're a Poke Trivia regular that you might give it a shot.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

i know people are. but you don't have to bring it up every. conversation. it's so toxic lmao.

and idk i'll have to think about it i got other things i need to do before I add more to my plate.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

It is pretty! So cute! We should make one for PC Beta as well. :)

(I haven't the first clue how to design splashes myself, haha. ^^;)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

It's cute!! though it makes me kinda sad to see the old splash picture gone ahaha.

Last edited:
    Back