• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

I should really finish some of my other runs but a PMD game is on the list after all these other games haha. either SMD or replaying Sky.

I've heard that Sky was the best PMD game. Granted there was no Mega Evolution mechanism or other confusing aspects in SMD that past titles had to deal with. Good luck with your runs by the way. May I recommend on Red and Blue that you head North to Nugget Bridge and get your version exclusive Grass Type for Misty. Green you have Bulbasaur and Yellow you have OP Pikachu ;) Not sure how you plan to deal with future Gym Leaders though. Just promise me to use one of the Fossil Pokémon against Lorelei. Rare to take advantage of Rock's advantage over Ice.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Oh RBY is not on my list I could never finish those games. I'm doing mostly challenge runs (and focusing mostly on my Ash Run right now in Y).

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Oh RBY is not on my list I could never finish those games. I'm doing mostly challenge runs (and focusing mostly on my Ash Run right now in Y).

Thought you were doing a challenge run to do all games with a different species for each game or am I thinking of someone else.... meh... knowing me I am lmao. Yeah I saw your Pokemon Y run and its not bad. Having to abort Evolutions isn't so bad... I mean I do that to get Razor Leaf on Bulbsaur at 27 as opposed to 29 on Ivysaur in Yellow or Flamethrower on Charmader at 38 as opposed to much later on Charmeleon/Charizard. Pokemon Yellow is basically "built" for an Anime run since you can get all three Kanto starters(granted Ash had Squirtle prior to Lt.Surge but I digress) and Pidgeotto in Viridian Forest(I prefer training a Pidgey but eh that's just me). Thing is you won't be able to match the disobedience factor for Charizard, although I hear there's a ROM that does that for you.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'm doing an ultimate water monotype run too but i already did kanto haha. Maybe thats where the confusion was? Idk. I did use omastar in that run though ;)

My Ash run has been fun! Kalos is probably the easiest to do in terms of doing everything from duplicating movesets to following when ash gets what. I tried a unova one but stopped when palpitoad was supposed to learn a move that i needed bp i didnt have lmao. Im definitely going to be finishing this kalos one though!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Next poster becomes a Ghost so... post up people :D. I've been doing Time Warp challenges on Yellow one "Era" at a time. I finished Ancient Rome or Medieval Era(forget which) not that long ago and have been on a mini-break. Have to sign up for the next one and plan out the team and since most of these runs ban Electric Types, I have to abandon my starter at the first opportunity. Type restrictions definitely spice things up I'll admit. Granted I grind like mad so it doesn't hurt me too much *snickers*

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

I reserve this spot!! I've never been a ghost, there's no way I'm letting this chance slip by. >:)

I have yet to do a challenge run myself, but I'll definitely look into it for future playthroughs!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Challenges are fun! Easier to me to beat the same if its a challenge run these days..keeps em interesting!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

@Tara, it's really nice to see you bring your Future Connection theme here to the forums!! ^-^ Especially after all that talk about Pokémon openings and endings. :D

Oh right, and minus the fact that we technically can't see it right now because of the Inkay invasion, ahahaha. xD

I reserve this spot!! I've never been a ghost, there's no way I'm letting this chance slip by. >:)

Hehe, well that only took you about four years. :') Anyway! I've got you down as a Shinx for the time being. If you have another Pokémon in mind, just let me know, okay? ^__^

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Should set her as an ugly Psyduck until she confirms what she wants to be <_< In any case... saw SuMo 115 last night. Guzma came up flat to me as someone who's like his underlings: All talk with little to show for it. Granted he did beat the snot out of Pikachu but that's because Ash has had little resistance during his time in Alola. Seemed like he was due to get his butt handed to him but Guzma is not a rival for Ash but for Kukui(which seems a bit odd but what do I know).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

thanks Revise!! I love Future Connection and Poipole so much so I figured why not here as wlel for a bit hahah.

I loved Guzma and I think he came off really well. The rivalry with Kukui is to be expected considering that there was something up with them in the games and thus his entrance here after Kukui announced the league was perfect and I'm glad that he came here now instead of earlier where he would've been introduced as just the LEader of Team Skull.

Makes him less flat, imo.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

Whoa! Wait a second.

Psyduck is not ugly! Now if you had of made me a Binacle or a Crawfaunt or something, that'd be another matter. ;P (Although I'm sure I'd like them more too if they were endeared to me through fan art or the anime! I'm quick to like most things if they're presented right. ^^)

I'm going to respond to the PMD topic properly once I get the laptop back!

Hehe, well that only took you about four years. :') Anyway! I've got you down as a Shinx for the time being. If you have another Pokémon in mind, just let me know, okay? ^__^

Only because I'd get ninja'd ;__; by several posts
    Hmm, I wouldn't mind being a Lurantis, or a Celebi if Mythical/Legendary ghosts are ok. :)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Flying Shaymin or Espurr would make for a wicked "Ghost" Anyways, going to wait out this annoying Inkay spell. If it was Eevee I might tolerate it but its just irritating me to no end.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

You can adblock the Inkay if it's bothering you that much. Then it's just the Inkay avatars but that's not a big deal. Not as big as the year we were all slowpoke.

With the username Slowpoke.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

So how's everyone today. Future Sun and Moon Episodes have been revealed and one appears to be where Sophocles get's his Z-Ring if I'm not mistaken. Lillie apparently gets her Z-Ring next week and now Sophocles a few Episodes after that. That just leaves Mallow... who honestly has gotten shafted the most in this series despite being the best Pokegirl in my eyes. No idea what Z-Crystals Sophocles or Mallow will get but seeing as they're all participating in the Alolan League Tournament, they're all due to get Z-Rings now. Why they didn't have them from Day 1 I'll never know.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Because them all having one from the beginning wouldn't allow them to get them for character development??? Kiawe was shown to be a more experienced trainer who had done Olivia's trial at the beginning so that's why he had one but the others wouldn't have made sense.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Lillie not having one would make sense but the rest ought to have had them being they're all Trial Captains in the games. Mallow's character development has been non-Pokemon related regarding wanting family approval(first father in Episode 39, then brother in Episode 72 and finally mother in a very sad Episode 108) and the Alolan Tournament could have been the final phase in proving herself as a Pokemon Trainer. Lana's growth has primarily been with training and evolving Popplio, although the Z-Ring/Z-Crystal arc on Akala Island can't be ignored. Sophocles' growth has been with Charjabug for the most part(like has he really had anything meaningful with Togademaru?) and Kiawe's with Marowak and his grandfather's Charizard(even battling Brock was a growth moment).

TLDR: I would have done things differently in SuMo. Acquiring Z-Rings is indeed a mechanism for character growth but frankly they ought to have had them from the get-go. Its just in doing so, Ash would have been limited in what Z-Crystals he would have had. Kiawe obviously has Fire but he now has Flying, Lana has Water(like she should) while Lillie has Ice and potentially Fairy(although Mina kind of showed that off if memory serves). With Ash getting Electric and recently Steel, only Z-Crystal that makes sense for Sophocles is Bug thanks to Vikavolt. Doesn't make any sense seeing as that should be reserved for Guzma but eh what do I know. Finally Mallow should have Grass but they gave that to Ash when he completed Totem Lurantis. Psychic is still a possibility if she recruits Oranguru but aside from that, what else could she do unless she goes and does Totem Lurantis herself. I understand the Anime has considerable freedom but to deviate this much from the games doesn't feel right to me.

Meh anyways... FTE should be starting up in the coming weeks. If you want to join in, now's your chance :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

tldrs aren't supposed to be longer than the explanation lmao. anyways games =/= anime just look at iris for one shrug (despite the fact that the eighth gym was easy bc there were two gym leaders either waaayyyy...). they would have a much smaller role if they followed their roles in the game imo. but hey to each their own your opinion my opinion (and i'm very well aware by now that my opinion is 90% of the time in the minority anyways).

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

tldrs aren't supposed to be longer than the explanation lmao. anyways games =/= anime just look at iris for one shrug (despite the fact that the eighth gym was easy bc there were two gym leaders either waaayyyy...). they would have a much smaller role if they followed their roles in the game imo. but hey to each their own your opinion my opinion (and i'm very well aware by now that my opinion is 90% of the time in the minority anyways).

Yeah I kind of went overboard on the TLDR lol. As for your opinion, we share a common appreciation for Best Wishes. Best Wishes, at one time anyway, was in my top 3 for Pokemon series(DP and XY being the other two). My biggest pet peeve was how they treated Iris. She could have had a far bigger impact had she gotten more Dragon Types than just a disobedient Dragonite after ~89 Episodes. What I would have really loved to see was Ash having to fight Iris for a Gym Badge as opposed to Roxie(which was done to promote the sequels). Iris would fight Drayden, earn his respect(win or lose) and when Ash challenges the Gym, Drayden assigns Iris to be Ash's opponent.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Best Wishes I'd say is still my top favorite. However after that idk I think it's a toss-up between SM and DP, though I actually haven't watched all the latter so I can't really say until I finally get to finishing it all. I love XY too but .... there's just some things that bother me that keep it from being one of my favorites. Hoenn is pretty solid )just finished up the initial league and getting to the battle frontier) and Kanto and Johto are definitely good for the nostalgia factor lol.

I wish Iris and Cilan both got more than three but that would have caused an even more unbalance between the Pokemon than BW already did. However despite that balance we got a lot of character/pokemon and pokemon/pokemon interactions which is one of the things that I truly enjoy most about the Pokemon series (and thus one of my little beefs with XY). I would've loved to see him fight Iris (or even Drayden) for the eighth badge but, it is what it is. I'm sure things would have been different if BW2 didn't have an rearrangement of the gyms.

Back