• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

I'll be updating my top Pokémon series list sometime soon. Last time I did it was back in early 2018 I think(been awhile).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Honestly there isn't a series that I can say that I dislike the most. I have my favorites but all of them overall have their good things and bad things about them haha.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

I try my best to focus mainly on the positives of the anime, but if we're talking about least favorites here... then I'll have to admit that I find the original series (Kanto-Johto) rather painful to watch compared to the others ahahaha, though that might be because I don't have the same nostalgic attachment to it that most people do. xD

But omggg, I will forever love Ash's Bulbasaur! <333 And Pidgeot!!

Now if you had of made me a Binacle or a Crawfaunt or something, that'd be another matter. ;P (Although I'm sure I'd like them more too if they were endeared to me through fan art or the anime! I'm quick to like most things if they're presented right. ^^)

Hmm, I wouldn't mind being a Lurantis, or a Celebi if Mythical/Legendary ghosts are ok. :)

Hehe, so if the Corphish from Wigglytuff's Guild happened to evolve in Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, would you like Crawdaunt more? xP

And Mythicals/Legendaries are totally fine, so I've got you as a Celebi if that's your top pick! ^_^

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

You know... surprised she isn't Loudred after all these years ;). Also while there is no "bad" Pokemon series per se, someone or something has to take up the mantle as last place.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Once again Revise we seem to have the same opinion! I like Kanto-Johto but compared to the other series I'd have to put it as last place. Finishing up Hoenn and honestly been enjoying it a lot more than I thought I initially would.

Ash's bulbasaur is a blessing, and while I loved Pidgeotto it won like... little to no battles. which is honestly one thing i really love about hoenn he was so good with swellow? Like ... watching Ash and Swellow battle together seriously brought a smile on my face several times during my watch.

Last edited:

Meadow

Years

OMG, I also adored Swellow so much!! Its debut episode as a Taillow was absolutely precious. <3 Remember how the lil' birb was trying to act all high and mighty with its silly chocolate mustache? x)

1410378611144.gif

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

yesssss such a good bird!! I haven't gone through all of Sinnoh (though I do remember Staraptor being quite shafted after it fully evolved) but between his regional birds Swellow and Talonflame I think got the best attention. Swellow especially I loved every battle with it :sloheart: Ash using it's speed and being able to come up with very good tactics with it is just... so good.....

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Need to get this count higher. In my review of Hoenn, I commented that Ash's team is one that not many people would utilize in a run through Ruby and Sapphire. Like seriously how many people would use Corphish(without evolving it), Torkoal or Glalie? Sceptile for sure(lots of people would) and even Swellow would be viable but the rest? Eh not so sure on that. May's team though... that one is actually pretty good. Anyways... Episode 101 airs today before we have to wait two weeks before the Brock and Misty Episodes air in the Dub. If they keep to the one week pace, the current Episodes that have aired in Japanese won't all air until July 27th if my dates are correct.

Also calling it now that Lillie catches Magearna. Complete speculation but she hasn't caught anything. Shes so overdue that its basically 50/50 at this point.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I used Torkoal on my ORAS team! I also used Pikachu and Swellow so I used half his team already for a run in Hoenn. :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Yeah but my point was that the vast majority of people wouldn't use Torkoal. In fact, unless you start with Torchic, you're likely going to use Numel since its part Ground and hence dominates Electric, Steel(*cough* Steven... *cough*), Bug, Grass, Ice and Rock. Plus its faster than the 20 Speed Torkoal.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I get your point but I still wanted to say that I used Torkoal I didn't need a whole explanation lmao. I like using mons that people won't typically use.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Curious as to how long it'll take before the Alolan League begins. One interesting plotline that I forgot they revealed in SuMo108 was that Lillie's father was still alive. That's one avenue that they could spend some Episodes pursuing and might be the mechanism that Lillie and Gladion use to leave Alola at the end of the series. Perhaps she uses it to go to Galar to search for him? Just saying... *whistles*

Meadow

Years

I used Torkoal on my ORAS team! I also used Pikachu and Swellow so I used half his team already for a run in Hoenn. :)

High five! I also use Torkoal a lot in Hoenn playthroughs, along with Swellow and Glalie (and occasionally Corphish)! Speaking of which, how did you think of the Battle Frontier arc after your recent re-watch? :D

(P.S. I'm still planning to come back to PokéAni soon—I promise I haven't forgotten!!)

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

Weeeee. Man last few days have been rough. My head feels like it's about to explode and I literally have no appetite. Furthermore until last night I'd been up for ~40 hours. Whatever I have... it sucks balls.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

High five! I also use Torkoal a lot in Hoenn playthroughs, along with Swellow and Glalie (and occasionally Corphish)! Speaking of which, how did you think of the Battle Frontier arc after your recent re-watch? :D

(P.S. I'm still planning to come back to PokéAni soon—I promise I haven't forgotten!!)

After a few of my other challenge runs I'm planning on doing a Hoenn once since it's possible with ORAS and I don't have to worry about Volt Tackle since Pikachu doesn't get it until Battle Frontier lol. As for BF it was a fun ride!! really enjoyed it for the most part! Though admittedly it was hard to watch sometimes if because of the dubbed voices and Ash's new VA not quite having gotten used to her role yet. But then when I got to DP oooh my god she sounds so much better and I honestly much prefer her over Veronica Taylor now.

(And yessss please do!!! )

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years

It's been a Topsy-Turvy month, April! I was really hoping to be super active here during the autumn like I was last year. At least it's not stressful anymore, and I have my reasons for being super happy in spite of anything that happens. :)

I wish a brought my 3DS—I so need my Pokémon fix!

Oh! And my mod-versary is May, 22nd. :D

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years

I celebrated May 4th by playing Empire at War all day. Taking a small break from Empire Campaign but about to resume to its conclusion. Got ~5 more missions and 9 more battles to do, including the destruction of Alderaan(and other planets lol). Vader is OP too.

Last edited:
    Back