• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome FireTears!

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
Years
  • AWESOME~
    I can't spot anything you need to work on!
    It'd be great if you could be a cartoonist for my game, so you could make ending credit animations and etc. That'd be awesome! Please do reply if possible!

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
  • AWESOME~
    I can't spot anything you need to work on!
    It'd be great if you could be a cartoonist for my game, so you could make ending credit animations and etc. That'd be awesome! Please do reply if possible!

I am not working for any more fangames, I already can't keep up with the ones I am contributing currently. Nor do I accept any requests of any sort ^^'

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Wow. That's really all I can say. I can sprite to an extent, but this is simply amazing. Better than some of the real sprites I've seen! I love the battle VS. sequences and the detail in all your work. If you're ever taking requests, let me know lol.

Amazing work, keep up the good spriting!!

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
  • Wow. That's really all I can say. I can sprite to an extent, but this is simply amazing. Better than some of the real sprites I've seen! I love the battle VS. sequences and the detail in all your work. If you're ever taking requests, let me know lol.

Amazing work, keep up the good spriting!!

Didn't I just clearly state the post before about requests? xD

Another sprite update. Just a gryphon fakemon line, nothing special. I am not sure if this will be in our fangame or not. I have no names for them yeat xD Except the first one will be called Crimsie.

Welcome FireTears!

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
  • Obviously been 30 days since I posted and sprited. So I think my skills may have dulled a bit ever since that absence :/

Anyway, here is a fakemon legendary I made, Takihime (cascade Princess in Japanese)

This Pokemon represents a sea turtle species with a very powerful shell and a body composed entirely of a sacred mist. The unknown element is described as a mystical blue fire that does not burn, but rather, freezes at such a temperature that may feel as if it is burning. A jewel on its shell collects water vapor to keep its form and once ever hundred years, it freezes its entire misty body to regenerate.

Welcome FireTears!

Hopefully I can go through this thread revival without any trouble.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Well, I'm almost finished with the rest of the stuff, Just need to finish Soul lol. And yeah, I do pretty darn well in contests, so beware >D

EDIT: Finished it ^^

Welcome FireTears!
    *cough* You should umm... Have my babies? My sprite babies, at least. jk. Umm, yes. You're very good, and I look like a noob in comparison to your amazingness. *bows*

I really like this piece. There's a lot of detail in all of your work. I don't have any criticism for you, namely because you're much better than I.

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
  • *cough* You should umm... Have my babies? My sprite babies, at least. jk. Umm, yes. You're very good, and I look like a noob in comparison to your amazingness. *bows*

I really like this piece. There's a lot of detail in all of your work. I don't have any criticism for you, namely because you're much better than I.

Thanks ^^

I don't think you are necessarily bad at spriting. Your signature sprites look great if you sprited/pixel overed/edited them yourself. Hmm..Then again, if they were edited, then it might not be much spriting xD

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Thanks ^^

I don't think you are necessarily bad at spriting. Your signature sprites look great if you sprited/pixel overed/edited them yourself. Hmm..Then again, if they were edited, then it might not be much spriting xD
    I know I'm not horrid, just in comparison to you. ^_^

And the Kingdra is a pixel-over. The trainer is a splice/part custom.

I like your running animations, though I'd make them slower, I guess.

EDIT: Now waaay! You're only 13?!

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
  • I know I'm not horrid, just in comparison to you. ^_^

And the Kingdra is a pixel-over. The trainer is a splice/part custom.

I like your running animations, though I'd make them slower, I guess.

EDIT: Now waaay! You're only 13?!

14 on Wednesday c:

The running animations are a bit old. In fact, much of those game sprites are old xD Need to do somethign original.

Years
  • Not trying to do anything, but I wonder. Your thread wasn't really 30 days old when it dropped off, but it is now 30 days old, so does it count for revival or not? Hmm...

I enjoy the colors in Takihime. I like the flow of it as well.
    For being a blue "fire" even if it does freeze, I see it as neither a frosty mist nor fire like.
    It's really feels more like a fluffy cloud.
    I just need clarification if it is supposed to be mist even though it's described as fire, but is frozen.

Is the triangular part on it's chest part of the shell over the mist, or something behind the mist? The un-outlined edge and the similar colors is throwing me off.

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
  • Not trying to do anything, but I wonder. Your thread wasn't really 30 days old when it dropped off, but it is now 30 days old, so does it count for revival or not? Hmm...

I enjoy the colors in Takihime. I like the flow of it as well.
    For being a blue "fire" even if it does freeze, I see it as neither a frosty mist nor fire like.
    It's really feels more like a fluffy cloud.
    I just need clarification if it is supposed to be mist even though it's described as fire, but is frozen.

Is the triangular part on it's chest part of the shell over the mist, or something behind the mist? The un-outlined edge and the similar colors is throwing me off.

Not sure if they meant the thread in general or the time since it was posted. Either way, the last time I posted was August 3rd and now it is in the middle of September O.o

It is supposed to be a translucent incredibly cold mist (so cold, it does the exact opposite of fire). The triangular part is supposed to be over the mist. If it were behind it, you wouldn't see any regular shading. Just darker shaded of the mist.

Years
  • Not sure if they meant the thread in general or the time since it was posted. Either way, the last time I posted was August 3rd and now it is in the middle of September O.o

It is supposed to be a translucent incredibly cold mist (so cold, it does the exact opposite of fire). The triangular part is supposed to be over the mist. If it were behind it, you wouldn't see any regular shading. Just darker shaded of the mist.

!!! Sprites tend to be fuzzy when they show up on PC for me. I copy them into paint to look at them and get close up.
    When I got rid of the transparency black it got rid of the outline black, because looking at the sprite on here it's a easier to tell. My bad.

:) Sacred cold mist, kay, just make sure you're aware your story says "described as blue fire" in it.
    The mist to be doesn't "feel cold" but that's just nit-picking as different emotions with art are conveyed differently for people.

I like the design of the shell, it would be cool to see a better part of it. (i.e. backsprite, ;D)

Trying not to muck up the thread with non-sprite but relevant talk...
    Spoiler:

DSKFHA- I've only got 10 minutes to get ready for school now!

FireTears

Animator and Artist
    Years
  • FireTears, Serebii is stealing from you... kinda.

You're on the site anyway, right? You're the guy who did the Plushie tut. Yeah, well check Fan Sprites' resource thread. Anyway, i really love your sprites. However that electric, Deoxys-esque's electrical current is almost invisible it's so bright. Perhaps a more orange would suffice?

Funny. I have a user acount named Klnothincomin on serebii and I posted the overworld bases there too. Don't know why he reposted another link to my overworld bases when everyone already knows about it O.o

Anyway, the electricity would show on a darker background. If it were a sprite in an outer space backgorund, then it would be visible.

EDIT:
    Here is a Claire completely scratch/repose that I just finished.

Welcome FireTears!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Funny. I have a user acount named Klnothincomin on serebii and I posted the overworld bases there too. Don't know why he reposted another link to my overworld bases when everyone already knows about it O.o

Anyway, the electricity would show on a darker background. If it were a sprite in an outer space backgorund, then it would be visible.

EDIT:
    Here is a Claire completely scratch/repose that I just finished.

Welcome FireTears!

WSC entry, I guess? =D It's awesome. I think the hair looks great, but... her cape seems to have exploded in size... It's purdy big. Nice sprite, though.

Back