• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The Room! Only the best movie ever.

9065-the-room_box_art.jpg

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I've seen that movie like 5 times in the past week or so. Then I played the flash game based on it, read a ton of interviews, found the soundtrack (4 bucks free shipping on amazon omg), so...yeah it's inspiring but I can't find a good set of screencaps from it. :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Only if you make them "restricting", in my opinion. I mean... my current "theme" doesn't exactly match, but they're both Symphonia so it works. And you don't have to be restricted to just having one series, or whatever in your theme either. I've had "themes" in the past in which it's several series.

Then there are times in which I just don't care and thus have my avatar as whatever and my signature as whatever.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm actually tempted to blank everything out for a while just for a change.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm actually tempted to blank everything out for a while just for a change.
    I've tried that before. It didn't last long, iirc though. Haha. I'm not even sure if I even blanked both of them at the same time. I think it was one or the other. These days I try to have something in my signature though, even if it's something simple, because of my hidden advertising stuff (vDex and GPX).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wish I had the graphical skills for my text to come out as nice as yours looks rn though Tara. ;; I never know which font to use or what size or how to make it look nice really.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Looking at the themes I have saved on my computer, a good chunk of them use the font 'Segoe UI', including the theme that is in my signature currently. Perhaps you could try that font out and see if it works for you sometime!

But yeah. I mess with the size and spacing on the font a lot. Sometimes even longer than the images that I toss into some of my themes, aha.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Looking at the themes I have saved on my computer, a good chunk of them use the font 'Segoe UI', including the theme that is in my signature currently. Perhaps you could try that font out and see if it works for you sometime!

But yeah. I mess with the size and spacing on the font a lot. Sometimes even longer than the images that I toss into some of my themes, aha.

Just keep in mind that if you're still on XP, you'll need to install Office at least 2007 or the latest version of Windows Live stuff that's available on XP before you have it in the selection... I think.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I seem to use the "Pristina" font a lot in my themes, at least for text contained within the PNG file for the banner. I don't mess too much with the code fonts. In fact, the CSS has remained the same for my past few themes; only the image has changed.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Just keep in mind that if you're still on XP, you'll need to install Office at least 2007 or the latest version of Windows Live stuff that's available on XP before you have it in the selection... I think.
    You're correct there. My sister sees it as a different font because she doesn't have the font on her computer, because her laptop has XP. But it doesn't look nearly as nice, so I think Toujours has something higher than that on computer, hurrhurr.

I change the coding to my themes all the time. I suppose I find it boring having the same code for a while. Though it depends on the coding and the theme itself, I suppose.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah I'm not going to cater my themes to people that have an OS that's over 10 years old now. :x

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Do you mean if you had an OS that's ten years old now? I have Windows 7 Premium (used to be Home but it got 'upgraded' when the Windows crashed a few months ago) - My sister has XP.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like how my sig looks tbh even if it is simplistic, it is perfect. Used to change themes too much though and idk what I'm doing with my profile.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    No I was replying to Twiggy in that if someone is using XP and hasn't even bothered to get a newer OS or a newer MS Word, then I'm not going to cater to them by changing the font I use in my sig for them. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh. xD Yeah. It doesn't look too bad and my sister doesn't care, but I don't think I've ever changed it for her, other than when we were doing the twin themes. Then they had to be the same so she picked the font.

My profile has been the same since around this time last year. I might change to the christmasy one I had last year again comes december, but other than that I'm not planning on changing it for a long time still.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back