• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Well hey there little guy! =]

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
    I usually grab the nearest object, whatever the object is and squash it. I am paranoid about bugs laying eggs in my room which would them lead to loads of them in my room. *shudders*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Unless they really bother me (I can't think of a situation like this off the top of my head), I don't kill them. I usually catch them and set them free outdoors but with spiders, I usually just let them stay in my room, haha.

In winter, I might kill them so that they aren't left to freeze outside. D:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If they're little guys who won't do any harm, I leave them alone. If it's something irritating that could cause me pain (like a wasp or a bee), I'll either walk out of the room or attempt to kill it, depending on what mood I'm in.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    CoughMikeyCough

Depends on the bug. A fly, eh, I'll leave it, as long as it doesn't bother me much. If it's a mosquito, I'll go kill it. If it's my sisters (XD), I'll kick them out. ^^

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    If it's in my room, it has to be captured and released outside. If it's not in my room, then it depends. Almost all flying arthropods have to be caught and let go outside. Centipedes, spiders, and other useful predatory arthropods I generally leave alone, unless they are in an inconvenient spot or are otherwise making a nuisance of themselves, in which case I catch them and let them go outside. I have a slightly different catching procedure depending on whether or not the arthropod in question is wingéd or not. Arthropods prone to flying are captured using my designated bug-catching jar. I wait until they're on a wall, floor, table, or similar surface, then either slam or gently place the jar over them. The jar is clear so that once the jar is over them, I can see where they are inside and wait for an opportune moment to pull the jar away a little and put on the lid without them escaping. If it's a non-flying arthropod, or one that is reluctant to fly, I coax them into my designated bug-catching box. Either way, they are then released outside.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
    Years
    It depends. If it climbs onto me it has to go. If it's in the corner I don't care.

Only things that annoy me are things that make sounds. Such as large flies and wasps. I would say bees but I like bees, so I - as carefully as I can - guide them out the window.

Back