• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] & we're cursed WITHIN

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    // cursed within
    I'm Peitharchia, but you're free to call me Ashley. I'm a graphic designer, and have been doing it on and off for the last four to five years. Alongside that, I also do web-design, and have made various layouts for PokéCommunity and other websites. Below are few of my work; feel free to comment and leave crticism and such! I've had another gallery before, but it died within only two to three weeks; I'll try to keep this alive to the best of my ability. I will be taking requests here, but not always; before posting, please make sure if I'm accepting them or not! Welcome to my gallery. :)
    Table of Content
    Signature Banners
    Large Pieces
    Sprite Art
    CSS & Web Design

Last update: Mar 8, 2014
    border
    red.png
    soulsacrifice.png
    aloneinthedark.png
    theunseen.png
    thedevil.png
    bee.png
    withoutadoubt.png
    thisway.png
    forthehundredthtime.png
    prepairfor.png
    couple.png
    breeze.png
    neverutteraword.png
    breakaway.png
    catinthehat.png
    yyh.png
    uu.png
    taylorswift1.png
    taylorswift.png
    rocket.png
    rrrac.png
    hopeless.png
    blurr.png
    z.png
    light.png
    hildaaa.png
    onlycould.png
    endlesspossibility.png
    neversaynever.png
    redd.png
    chances.png
    fdafd.png
    before.png
    inspirationimagination.png
    zzz.png
    thisfireburnsalways.png
    mistyandbrock.png
    takeaway.png
    fascinatingdream.png
    prevail.png
    zomgkittens.png
    cometrue.png
    x.png
    curse.png
    devildriver.png
    seasthatcannotbesailed.png
    dearyou.png
    whispers.png
    heart.png
    trainer.png
    kitten.png
    thrice.png
    nightmareyouhavesown.png
    border
    signatures
    fate.png
    afterstorm.png
    londonbridge.png
    makethem.png
    famemonster.png
    dreamisawish.png
    theotherway.png
    darkheart.png
    thegame.png
    consequence.png
    meganfox.png
    cinderella.png
    harshlight.png
    tolife.png
    silence.png
    thedarkness.png
    theforce.png
    hbk.png
    highvoltage.png
    soundwave.png
    herooftheshadows.png
    faithlesswarrior.png
    watchyourselfbecomeavillain.png
    forbidden.png
    thehistory.png
    fatestaynight.png
    angelofthefallenstars.png
    border
    large pieces
    border
    sprite art
    ts2.png
    trainersprite_shadow.png
    Mienolu.png
    Tyleaf.png
    Wootwig.png
    Digddish_fixed.png

blastoisepixelover.png
    border
    layouts
    Thank you for viewing! If you've got any questions or concerns, don't be hesitant to shoot me a PM; I'll reply as soon as I can! Hope you enjoyed my gallery. Note: This thread is best viewed in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Your graphics are great! :D I envy your ability to properly use Photoshop ;__; Also, I've loved the themes you designed for PC and am using one right now~

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Thanks for the comments, you two; really appreciate it! <3 Just you all know, these are all my old stuff. I do have newer things, but will be posting them through updates and such, so that the gallery doesn't die-out.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    These are all really gorgeous! I didn't know you did such thing! I'm impressed! I really don't know what to say other than that I'm speechless. You should continue making more just to show more of these beauties.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Glad you like them, Sector! Anyway, here's a web layout I've made last year:

Spoiler:

Can't take full credit for it, though, as it was based off a Wordpress theme (can't remember what it was called, exactly; sorry). :p

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • The layout makes my gallery layout look so amateur-ish in comparison, haha. CSS is just amazing here, so yes, props on that! Looking real smooth. :)

Anyway, moving on, your icons - they're lovely. Quite a lot of them, actually. And most work due to your typography. You're reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllly good when it comes to typography in icons. These ones for instance:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/breakaway.png
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/inspirationimagination.png
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/breeze.png

They just work. Really, really well. There are icons where this style doesn't seem to work that well, imo, but they're still good enough for the most part. Problems arise when you translate the same kind of typography into your banners. The style just doesn't work. In most, imo. The only ones where the text looks good (nevermind the placement for now, I'll talk about it in a bit..), imo, are these two:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/thedarkness.png
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/faithlesswarrior.png

They're compact - don't take up unnecessary space - and fit the atmosphere of the tag. But the fact that I could only find two examples of text done well out of so many probably points to the fact that you can work on typography in tags in general. Don't try to restrict yourself to the style you go for in icons and replicate them here - go for varied fonts, orientations, various sizes and letter spacing. Experiment more, in short.

Now, with that out of the way - Placement. Text placement could be improved quite a bit, imo. Rule of the thumb is not to place text too far away from the focal of a tag. It'll end up as nothing but a distraction and serve as a secondary focal instead of serving as a means to compliment the focal itself. A wise man once told me - try not to have the text touch corners - I've been following this ideology for a while now with satisfactory results, haha. Maybe try it out yourself as well, hmm? ;3 Try not to have the text occupy a lot of space like in this tag:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/watchyourselfbecomeavillain.png

Even text that's small in size surrounded by a black box-type thingy in order for the text to stand out from background ends up looking ~sorta~ awkward like in
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/meganfox.png

In short, for your tags, I'd try mixing things up a bit. Experiment with fonts, sizes and try different text placements.

Try not to go overboard or ~underboard~ with effects, either. Former case can be seen here:
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/tolife.png
    A lot of bookeh + light textures/grains there. Just makes the whole thing look messy. Try to limit the amount of effects to a degree where the stock/render doesn't get overwhelmed - the effects should be built around the stock in order to enhance/compliment the look of the stock and not overwhelm it - as is the case here. Also, try not to have the tag be too plain either - with the minimum amount of effects and whatnot. Makes the result look bland. As is the case here, imo:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/fate.png

I still have quite a bit to say but I think I'll either make another post later on or maybe edit this one (got home from a 16 hour journey and haven't slept for a while now). For now, I'll just say that this tag of yours is impressive:
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/thedarkness.png

I just really, really like the c4d usage and the great usage of monotone. The font placement is awkward but that's probably the only immediate problem I see, tbh. Stands out quite a bit from your other tags imo.

Anyway, yeah, just my two cents and I'll be sure to edit this later on with my thoughts on your LPs + sprites and some more stuff about your icons and tags. Keep it up. Again, gallery layout is amazeballs.

Last edited:

Chibiterasu

내가 다시 왔네
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2020
    REALLY great work you have here. I love your signatures and your Photo-manipulations are gorgeous! ♥

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    @[supporter]Sakazuki[/supporter]
    Ah, yeah, it took me about three days to work on the CSS. Glad I'm finally done; phew. Glad you like my typography! I tend to put text in almost all my work, haha. Without them, they just look sort of empty. Placement is definitely one of my biggest issues. It takes a long time to find good places to put them, but still doesn't end up looking right at the end. I really do need to improve on that. Also, I'll try to reduce my texture usage. It's just me experimenting with stuff, but yes, it shouldn't hurt to keep them to a minimum. :) Thanks for all the pointers, Dero!

@Chibiterasu
    Thank you! Put a lot of effort in them; happy to hear that you like 'em.

Here's one of my latest LPs, guys:

7kAZz.png

Actually didn't put too much work on it, but, oh well.

derozio

Years
  • I ended up not editing it, haha. :p Either way, don't worry about placement! It'll come with practice. Just try not to have it too close to the borders and away from the focal, yes? Keep that in mind and you'll nail it with just a little practice. :)

And, well, 'minimizing' texture usage wasn't what I was going for when I wrote the previous post - I was referring more towards not going overboard. =p Either way, yeah.

Also, I could've sworn I've seen this very same LP in one of your previous galleries (and remember being overwhelmed by its magnificence - just like now) . Is it really a new work? :s

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It's not exactly new, but it is one of my latest. This hasn't gotten any comments in my previous gallery at all, though, so thought it'd be a good idea to re-post. n_n" I do have newer stuff, but like I said before, I'm saving those for later updates, haha.

derozio

Years
  • Oh, haha. Explains it nicely. :p I'm a super huge fan of it, tbh. I just love everything about it - text, placement, depth, effects - just the overall look. Perfect. I'd love to have the ability to make something look that good myself, lol.

Also 3 days of work my gosh! It definitely shows! <3; It looks magnificent and is just pure eye candy. @_@' /mesmerized

Last edited:

Karinmo

☜(ˆ▽ˆ)
    Years
  • I really like how you use basic effects like lenses flare and bright lights- it really adds to the mystic feeling about most of the photos you use for avatars and banners- most are a bit fantasy, and I think those basic colours go a long way. I love your art, okay? <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    @[supporter]Sakazuki[/supporter]
    Honestly, if it were you, you could've done it a lot better. XD I've seen you work--your skills are miles ahead of mine. Anyway, I'm sort of happy with how it turned out and all, but only thing I don't like about it, though, would be the red background behind those text. Wish I hadn't put it there, haha.

@[supporter]Karinmo[/supporter]
    Mm, yeah, I always try to be careful when adding effects like that, as they could either make or break your work. Thanks, though! n__n

UZV3OeO.png
    Koh19ck.png
    Lrq10cj.png

Few icons I've made last year. Let me know what you all think!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Lrq10cj.png

I think I like this icon most of all from that bunch! It's really cool how you've made those colors and contrast! Anywho, I really like what you've done here, and I can't wait to see more! :3

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I really really like a lot of these! The colors and effects are really nice :) I also just want to second what Sakazuki said, however, I do think that the text placement in sigs is awkward in a lot of these because it takes away from the focus (which I'm assuming are the characters).

Your icons are really nice. The colors <3 omfg. I also just want to say I really like this sig a lot:
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/theforce.png

And I really admire what you did in this larger piece, the lines look really cool ;3
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n576/littlelambie2/blurredways.jpg

Show us more <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Damn, so much good stuff in this gallery. You use text better than most of the artists I have seen; also I didn't know you did web designs too. That's awesome! ^^

You're tags are good, but my favorite are the icons.

backtozero.jpg

^This one is my favorite! Harry Potter + Star Wars; so much epicness in one tag.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    @Aura Blackquill
    The icon's sort of soft, though. Should have made it a bit sharper, haha. Thanks, Shawn!

@Altairis
    Yeah; I'm trying to improve myself on that. Next time I create a tag, I'll put some extra thinking on text placement. Anyhoo, thanks, Whitney. n_n

@[supporter]acatfrommars[/supporter]
    That's one of my favorites, too. Glad you like it. Bruce!

@snakeyem12
    Aw, why not? As long as you put effort, you could do anything I can; I'm sure.

Also, I'm opening up requests for the next two weeks or so, you all. If you'd like me to make any icons for you, feel free to post here with link to an image that you want me to use and size of icon that you'd like it to be. Make sure that the image's high-quality and free-to-use.

Back