• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

We're here to say goodbye to my N64 *cries* Yes, this is sort of a funeral board

Years
    So last night, my friend called, and she was playing Mario Kart 8 Delux or whatever on her Switch so she was commenting more on the game than our convo, so I said, "Wouldn't it be funny if I played the 64 version while you play the Switch version?" She said "DO IT!!!" So I plugged in old reliable, inserted Mario Kart 64 and.....nothing. So I blew the cartridge and tried again....nothing. After five times, I tried with several other games and...nothing. I'm like "DUDE I'M GRIEVING!" And my friend just continued playing her Switch.

My N64 was a staple through out my childhood. I hadn't played it in a while and thought it would still go strong, but alas, I was wrong. Anyone got any words for this beautiful system before I replace it? And how do I say this to my brother? It was his originally, and I feel I keep breaking his retro systems. I broke his original DS, and his Gamecube. My GBASP, my iphone 4, my ipad, and a couple of my laptops also died. Everything I touch DIES! *cries* Except my 3DS, that for some reason is still standing strong because of the nerf case. I was so thankful to the nerf case, that I bought a second one for Christmas. And my Switch Lite is too new to be broken. But....

This is a funeral board for my N64. Please pay your respects. Or something. Idk how funerals work, I never been to one....PAY YOUR RESPECTS!

Years
    Rest in peace, Balloon's Nintendo 64. You lived your life with dignity, providing entertainment to all who had the pleasure of knowing you. You will be sorely missed, but your legacy lives on.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    We're here to say goodbye to my N64 *cries* Yes, this is sort of a funeral board

F

Years
    We are gathered here today, to celebrate the life of a faithful companion.

You wowed and entertained. You were there, not just for the good times, but during the bad times too. Your presence lifted spirits and made those bad times better.

Yes, you were often a little difficult to handle, and sometimes you could frustrate even the most patient person, but you meant well, and always tried your absolute best.

You also taught some incredible life lessons, such as the importance of dusting, and to never let RedBalloon borrow your stuff.

You were loved, and you will be missed. Rest in peace old friend.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    F

Sad to think that the number of old consoles and games (antiques unto themselves) that work just gradually decrease in population over the years.

Back