• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What are you looking forward to in the games?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
  • The new adventure. Generic response I know, but hey, that's always the best part.

Also the new Pokemon. I'm not familiar with each and every new Pokemon so many of them will be new to me.

I'm also looking forward to Black City/White Forest. The idea of version exclusive locations is cool.

Also the new Pokemon Musical contest thingy. Should be interesting.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • Well, I have a Japanese White, so I guess...umm...being able to understand what's going on. :) That'll be a nice change!

basically this. i have played both games in japanese it will be so nice to know what everyone is saying

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I'm so ready for a new region to explore and new Pokemon to catch. ^_^ But more specifically: I can't wait to video chat with my friends that play Pokemon! Kaaawaaaaiiiii!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I hope its better than my expectations (which are high) I'm just really looking forward to this game, catching new Pokémon, training them, creating a good team, nicknaming them, exploring Unova, taking on trainers, Gym Leaders, Elite Fours and Rivals, Team Plasma, oh and the music and well everything.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Seeing as I've kept myself in the closet about most of the game's content, you can say I'm pretty much looking forward to everything the games have to offer. More specifically would be capturing and training most of the new Pokémon, exploring the region, learning about the plot, and getting into the new features and battling style.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Since I' own the japanese version of Black I can't say Im looking forward to the new Pokemon and exploring the new region; however, I've only explored the surface of the Unova region. In my english playthrough Im gonna go really in-depth. Talk to everyone and everything :D

I'm also looking forward to everything else the game has to offer.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • The new adventure, random Wi-Fi matches, and does anybody know if they have stricter filters to block fake Pokemon or not? Because that would be cool too, kinda like Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Ronin

Lazlo Woodbine’s apprentice
    Years
  • Can I say everything? :P

I'm loving the look of the almost all the new Pokemon, the battle system looks absolutely fantastic. Random wi-fi battles looks like it's going be great when I can be bothered to log on to my comp to find folks to battle. I'm completely ready for a new journey through a new region and this one is so far looking to be great. I think the new TM change has been needed for a long time and I think the graphics are well done for a DS game. As for all the stuff I didn't mention... I'm looking forward to that too ;)

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I haven't really spoiled the game at all for myself, so I'm really looking forward to the new features that I don't know about yet. It looks exciting :D

The new adventure, random Wi-Fi matches, and does anybody know if they have stricter filters to block fake Pokemon or not? Because that would be cool too, kinda like Pokemon Battle Revolution.
    This too. I'm sick of running into people with Shiny Lucario, Shiny Charizard, Shiny [insert legendary here]... Of course, with maxed out IVs. Obviously.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Can I say everything? :P

I'm loving the look of the almost all the new Pokemon, the battle system looks absolutely fantastic. Random wi-fi battles looks like it's going be great when I can be bothered to log on to my comp to find folks to battle. I'm completely ready for a new journey through a new region and this one is so far looking to be great. I think the new TM change has been needed for a long time and I think the graphics are well done for a DS game. As for all the stuff I didn't mention... I'm looking forward to that too ;)

The random Wi-Fi battles is great indeed! I've done it quite a few times already. I'm just hoping that it matchmakes you to people from all over the world and not just your region.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I preordered Black today :D I'm simply looking forward to seeing how Unova compares to past generations. And of course the awesome new 3D-ness B)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Also, the Random Match-up sounds great! It's so much easier than having the hastle of adding people FC'S and it makes it more intresting and fun, I'll definately be using that for sure!

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • O_O

I'm really looking forward to everything. The upgraded graphics, the new maps, the new music, the new characters and online play, and most of all...THE NEW POKEMON!

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
  • I've never been one to "Catch 'em all". Ever. But more than anything, those new wireless features sound awesome! It's a step up from mutually sharing friend codes and doing things with labored plans of when to meet up with people for stuff. Well... still might need that sometimes, but still a step up.

And rotation battles. It's not all based on skill of battle as well as predicting what your opponent will do. I like a bit of social edge in my game, so having a chance for considerably more of that is a plus with me.

Other than that, just anything that hasn't been spoiled for me so far. Dx

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • New adventure of course. Actually just traveling around the new region will have me excited alone. That and looking for new pokemon.

Back